Steven Gerrard

Lord Lockin

22 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Worth saying that at this point last season we were 9 points behind celtic and by the time we went into the next OF game we would have only been 3 points behind if we hadn't shat it and actually won like we should have.

Only because this season the filth have been poor and have fewer points this is the only reason we have got near them this season as we have been poor overall..

Just now, Cedrick said:

I’ve liked him so far but it looks as though he’s giving himself 18 months of problems trying to shoehorn a player in ,that in no way fits our system or style in Defoe , if you look at all the facts before we agreed to take him , we can’t play anything other than 4-5-1 without the ball 4-3-3 with , Defoe can’t play that roll , Defoe is a penalty box through ball on the shoulder striker , our midfield play it square to a player 5 yards away all game and create nothing , our best player in the buffalo is most effective and at his best in our most comfortable system and that’s taking away when he plays in a 2 , so I ask myself why did Gerrard sign Defoe 

Because sadiq was a disaster and lafferty is fucking abysmal

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

This is the worst tarrier team since deila, we should have blown them out the water this season and guaranteed the title, their recent results showed what lacking CL money did to them, so why not lump everything in this season and match them

Instead we've likely gave them another CL windfall to keep their financial advantage over us, 

Match them how? By spending £9m on one player? 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Match them how? By spending £9m on one player? 

No but by spending money this window for example on decent players, davis is a disaster in the sadiq mould so far, we should have actually bought quality that can make a difference in games like yesterday

We have 3 strikers in the first team squad, one needs a partner, one is garbage, so we rely on one guy up front who is volatile at best

Because sadiq was a disaster and lafferty is fucking abysmal

Lafferty is better at what we need and how we play than Defoe by a fucking mile , you seen that yesterday , at least he tried to work their back 4 a bit , Defoe’s done fuck all bar miss a guilt edge chance that he supposedly buries every time at rugby park in the last 2 games because we’ve played our usual most joy system and he can’t play it 

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Compare our points this year to last, has the outlay gerrard has spent been worth it 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Only because this season the filth have been poor and have fewer points this is the only reason we have got near them this season as we have been poor overall..

Don't have a particular opinion on it tbh, just an observation

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No but by spending money this window for example on decent players, davis is a disaster in the sadiq mould so far, we should have actually bought quality that can make a difference in games like yesterday

We have 3 strikers in the first team squad, one needs a partner, one is garbage, so we rely on one guy up front who is volatile at best

The January window is horrendous for buying players at the best of times. We were never going to go out and spend a shit ton of money when the markets inflated to fuck because teams don't want to sell halfway through the season. 

Historically we've never spent much in January, and it won't be changing anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Don't have a particular opinion on it tbh, just an observation

It's frustrating in that don't think all our players are that bad and if managed correctly we could have been leading this league. I don't think the filth is a great team probably one of their poorest teams in years.

4 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Lafferty is better at what we need and how we play than Defoe by a fucking mile , you seen that yesterday , at least he tried to work their back 4 a bit , Defoe’s done fuck all bar miss a guilt edge chance that he supposedly buries every time at rugby park in the last 2 games because we’ve played our usual most joy system and he can’t play it 

Lafferty is a better lone striker than defoe aye, but he's still shite, really shite, 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The January window is horrendous for buying players at the best of times. We were never going to go out and spend a shit ton of money when the markets inflated to fuck because teams don't want to sell halfway through the season. 

Historically we've never spent much in January, and it won't be changing anytime soon. 

We got naismith in january, ferguson in january, weir as well, 

Aye its a shite time but the tarriers so far done it miles better this january, davis is a disaster (that many of us predicted) defoe isnt fitting into gerrards system, kamara is a position we don't need, polster? 

Yes Gerrard has and will make mistakes but it is down to the players attitude that We are not top of the league and he can only do so much he can’t drop them all every week.

We are first to have a go at other teams raising their games against us then dropping standards the next week, well we are just as culpable. 

Arfield was sensational against celtic, what a shift he put in and the rest of the team too, is it too much to ask them to put in that effort in every game? 

Why are they back to strolling about the park and sitting off average players a few weeks later, if the likes of Arfield got in the faces of other players the way he did Scott Brown we wouldn’t be drawing against St Johnstone or Dundee.

Its so frustrating, the team that wins this league will be the worst in a long time and it could easily have been us, sickening.

5 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

Yes Gerrard has and will make mistakes but it is down to the players attitude that We are not top of the league and he can only do so much he can’t drop them all every week.

We are first to have a go at other teams raising their games against us then dropping standards the next week, well we are just as culpable. 

Arfield was sensational against celtic, what a shift he put in and the rest of the team too, is it too much to ask them to put in that effort in every game? 

Why are they back to strolling about the park and sitting off average players a few weeks later, if the likes of Arfield got in the faces of other players the way he did Scott Brown we wouldn’t be drawing against St Johnstone or Dundee.

Its so frustrating, the team that wins this league will be the worst in a long time and it could easily have been us, sickening.

Your first paragraph is pish given guys have played well and been dropped, then you go on to mention arfield and our draw against st johnstone when he wasnt in the matchday squad 

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Have to laugh at all the fucking Mystic Megs here talking about how bad Davis and Defoe signings were. When we signed them we all thought they were great signings who could make a difference so lets not kid ourselves.

They are NOT the problem.

I await your view as to why. I am in need of a laugh.

Your first paragraph is pish given guys have played well and been dropped, then you go on to mention arfield and our draw against st johnstone when he wasnt in the matchday squad 

We have dropped plenty of points, 26 in fact, wasnt talking about just yesterday.

hows it pish Gerrard has made mistakes, dropping Mcrorie at Killie being one of them, but it’s not his fault players are upping their efforts in some games and not others is it?

17 minutes ago, GovanFrontSince96 said:

We have dropped plenty of points, 26 in fact, wasnt talking about just yesterday.

hows it pish Gerrard has made mistakes, dropping Mcrorie at Killie being one of them, but it’s not his fault players are upping their efforts in some games and not others is it?

Yes we've dropped 26, have a look back at how many came due to gerrard changing the starting 11

Players.not upping their efforts is harsh given they can play a blinder and still get dropped, look at katic for example

42 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Have to laugh at all the fucking Mystic Megs here talking about how bad Davis and Defoe signings were. When we signed them we all thought they were great signings who could make a difference so lets not kid ourselves.

I didn’t , I thought how’s defoe going to play , we don’t play the system he needs surly he won’t drop the buffalo , then first game back after the break and our best performance of the season against celtic  , he drops mcrorrie and Candias who were excellent against celtic , moves Kent and moves Artfeild into a system we hadn’t played all season away to a difficult close rival , I then thought there’s how he’s going to play we’re gonny change the full fucking team to get him in , I think I’m in the minority but I see 18 months of mayhem ahead with this signing 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

It's frustrating in that don't think all our players are that bad and if managed correctly we could have been leading this league. I don't think the filth is a great team probably one of their poorest teams in years.

True mate look.at how they were when our whole team was up for it against them they could not hack it. If you stand off them they will punish you but if you get in their faces they are not that good. This is the most frustrating thing for me I can't understand how we can play like that against them then how shit we have been in others.

10 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I didn’t , I thought how’s defoe going to play , we don’t play the system he needs surly he won’t drop the buffalo , then first game back after the break and our best performance of the season against celtic  , he drops mcrorrie and Candias who were excellent against celtic , moves Kent and moves Artfeild into a system we hadn’t played all season away to a difficult close rival , I then thought there’s how he’s going to play we’re gonny change the full fucking team to get him in , I think I’m in the minority but I see 18 months of mayhem ahead with this signing 

This whole Defoe not playing the lone striker deal is a bit of an enigma. He played up top on his own for Sunderland and bagged 16 goals, arguably one of his most consistent runs of matches in that time. 

For me the problem is our lack of creativity which heavily resorts around our lack of a number 10 or at least someone to support the striker. We simply flood the wings and punt the ball (usually hopelessly) into the box where our striker is somehow supposed to het onto it.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It's not one bad result though is it

Warburton

Warburton Gerrard Gerrard Gerrard

Gerrard Youth Gerrard 

Caixinha Gerrard Gerrard

Gerrard

Gerrard

Murty

9 of the 14 players used were signed by Gerrard, those imposters were signed by him so you should aim frustration at him.

Do you think we’ll get anywhere under SG?

11 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

This whole Defoe not playing the lone striker deal is a bit of an enigma. He played up top on his own for Sunderland and bagged 16 goals, arguably one of his most consistent runs of matches in that time. 

For me the problem is our lack of creativity which heavily resorts around our lack of a number 10 or at least someone to support the striker. We simply flood the wings and punt the ball (usually hopelessly) into the box where our striker is somehow supposed to het onto it.

Morelos can play without a so called number 10 Defoe can't and are you putting us on a par with Sunderland - fuck sake

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We got naismith in january, ferguson in january, weir as well, 

Aye its a shite time but the tarriers so far done it miles better this january, davis is a disaster (that many of us predicted) defoe isnt fitting into gerrards system, kamara is a position we don't need, polster? 

The irony is 

If we had Naismith .We probably top this league and it's so true