Laughing stock

Bearsden bear

Just read an article online there stating the SPFLs answer to the recent PFA survey re: plastic pitches.  Wait for it......They are to introduce regular stringent checks on GRASS pitches???

Seems like the kinda policy that may force others down the plastic route to cut costs.

Could be this has been planned for a while and the headline is linking the survey and these new inspections together. Anyway they are a joke outfit like mostly everything else up here atm.

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Be as well just introducing ash pitches to the top flight at this rate all in the name of cutting costs, the ball travels better and the only injuries the players will pick up with be surface wounds 

Baffles me that a professional football team can afford to pay a squad full of players but can’t afford a grass pitch and a guy with a pitchfork and a sprinkler to maintain it

Red ash only, loved playing that stuff :nailbiting:

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

Be as well just introducing ash pitches to the top flight at this rate all in the name of cutting costs, the ball travels better and the only injuries the players will pick up with be surface wounds 

Baffles me that a professional football team can afford to pay a squad full of players but can’t afford a grass pitch and a guy with a pitchfork and a sprinkler to maintain it

£10 charity shop lawn mower. £5 of petrol and a couple of reserves to take shots cutting the grass. Must cost more replacing rubber pellets and paying a team of guys to spread them. No idea how something that grows out the ground is more expensive to have than big hand made plastic carpet. 

I remember the days when we started off with perfect pitches for the first month or so of the season, then gradually became churned up wet mud as the rainy season came in after Autumn.  Windy winter months brought occasional games played on snow, slush and frost, or thick misty conditions and fog, into the spring and a period of wet muddy pitches, followed by dried out hardened muddy pitches, and then rest of season played out on a covering of sand over the ruined turf. Lush turfed grass was a novelty for most of the season

Rangers v Aberdeen in the fifties. "Who worries about snow and ice when they are playing a game of this calibre ?." :happy:

62104237-C07-F-4-EC3-B622-C68-AAE9-E2680

Could be Rangers.....Hibs.........Dundee........who knows, but saw games played in much worse fog than this. 

_93187303_aa.jpg

Something that is rarely mentioned is that the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston aren't just gaining an advantage on the park with a plastic pitch but it's also a financial advantage over the likes of St. Mirren, Dundee and Motherwell.

If say St. Mirren get relegated below Hamilton they could, in theory, make the argument that Hamilton's pitch gives them an advantage at home as well as having the ability to save some money and bring "better" players.

Where's the sporting integrity now?

32 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Something that is rarely mentioned is that the likes of Hamilton, Kilmarnock and Livingston aren't just gaining an advantage on the park with a plastic pitch but it's also a financial advantage over the likes of St. Mirren, Dundee and Motherwell.

If say St. Mirren get relegated below Hamilton they could, in theory, make the argument that Hamilton's pitch gives them an advantage at home as well as having the ability to save some money and bring "better" players.

Where's the sporting integrity now?

What’s this sporting integrity you speak of ?, Scottish football knows nothing of such things

7 hours ago, tannerall said:

I remember the days when we started off with perfect pitches for the first month or so of the season, then gradually became churned up wet mud as the rainy season came in after Autumn.  Windy winter months brought occasional games played on snow, slush and frost, or thick misty conditions and fog, into the spring and a period of wet muddy pitches, followed by dried out hardened muddy pitches, and then rest of season played out on a covering of sand over the ruined turf. Lush turfed grass was a novelty for most of the season

Rangers v Aberdeen in the fifties. "Who worries about snow and ice when they are playing a game of this calibre ?." :happy:

62104237-C07-F-4-EC3-B622-C68-AAE9-E2680

Could be Rangers.....Hibs.........Dundee........who knows, but saw games played in much worse fog than this. 

_93187303_aa.jpg

Do you perhaps mean ' attended ' :whistle:

23 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

My mum used to go mental at me for ruining cuffs of my jumpers by pulling them down over my hands to go in goal.

Mine used to go mental because a couple of months into the school year my right shoe was a mess and my left looked brand new. 

10 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Red ash only, loved playing that stuff :nailbiting:

is red ash also referred to as blaze or blaise or whatever its fucking called. If so i remember picking the gravel from my lower arsecheeks and knees. Horrible stuff. Ball rolled fast though.