***The Official Hamilton V Rangers Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Would rather have had Lafferty starting tbh, Defoe seems to struggle in the Morelos role up top himself.

I hope we're not persisting with the same tactics when Defoe is up there himself. Last Saturday was really really poor

Good to see Andy back in the team. The plastic pitch has probably got something to do with it but TBH I'm not really a fan of Barisic. I recognise he does have a cracking cross from time to time but I just can't take to him yet. Happy to be proved wrong. 

Arfield and Kent will need to make sure they play a lot closer to Defoe for this system to work.  It needs quick passing, one twos and chances to be created for Defoe to finish.  No aimless crossing or long balls.

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I would have preferred two up front as Defoe hasn't looked great in that loan role. 

Hope we have a better plan than lump high balls up to him again. Jack Kamara and Arfield should get better passes to him. 

100% this. A lot of folk writing off Defoe as lone striker but he hasn't been getting quality balls delivered to him. His goal against the mutton molesters shows what he can do imo.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Also start taking more shots from outside the box, thanks the whole Rangers support. 

We seen what happened at Livi when Jack took a shot on, keeper fumbles it. That can happen, it can rebound to our player, go for a corner etc, no idea why we don’t do it often

That's puzzles me a lot. Stevie g used to score a lot from outside the box, you would think he would encourage our players to have a crack. 

15 minutes ago, Finny said:

That's puzzles me a lot. Stevie g used to score a lot from outside the box, you would think he would encourage our players to have a crack. 

I think he does but a lot of our midfielders don't really have the skills or confidence to try it in a game but you can see for example Jack has started taking on more long range shots than he used to.

Archived