Widnes RL in administration

CraigG

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/47319477

Widnes Vikings Rugby League team who I support are going into administration with a 12 point deduction. Sunday's match has already been cancelled. The club has suffered from terrible management with a CEO awarding himself massive bonuses for years of failure. It all sounds very familiar and is very depressing.

Remember then from the days of Eddie Waring and old school Rooogbeh Leeeeeeague.

Saturday afternoons on Grandstand watching ‘Alifax, Leeeeeeds, ‘Ool Kingston Rovahs, Widnessssss, Warrrrrington and of course Saint ‘Elllennns.

25 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Were Widnes not the team, not that long ago, who were the "unbeatables" and won everything in sight?

Remember Eddie Waring all right - UP and UNDER was his famous phrase.

You're probably thinking of Wigan, who won League and Cup doubles every year for seven years or something. Widnes had a good team at one time though and had a successful period, with a number of Wembley appearances. Those days aren't coming back for a long while.

35 minutes ago, CraigG said:

You're probably thinking of Wigan, who won League and Cup doubles every year for seven years or something. Widnes had a good team at one time though and had a successful period, with a number of Wembley appearances. Those days aren't coming back for a long while.

I stand corrected, you are right. Thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Bradford Bulls, one of the biggest teams in RL, had similar a few year back. Thankfully they're bouncing back and hopefully get back into Super League sooner rather than later. I couldn't give a fuck about Widnes tbh. 

Went on a piss up with the Bradford Bulls back in 2005 after a game with Leeds. My mate was best mates with Joe Vagana who played for them at the time.

Drunkest I have ever been in my life. 

My hangover says that their administration was justified.

Barrow, Batley, Bradford, Castleford, Coventry, Dewsbury, Doncaster, Featherstone, Halifax, Huddersfield, Hull, Hunslet, Keighley, Leeds, Oldham, Rochdale, St Helens, Salford, Swinton, Warrington, Widnes.

All rugby league  teams in the north.