Sectarianism at Rangers or celtic affects us all and beating it requires equal approach - James Black

The Dude

Just now, They Gnu said:

It’s not truly sectarian, we’re not fighting over differences in communion or any other theological matters. It’s football rivalry.

That's what annoys me when people come on here and say "I'm an atheist so I think all religion is stupid". We're not arguing over how to worship God ffs.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Referees have been the centre of attention over the past few months as everybody thinks there's an agenda for or against somebody else.

But the last week has seen Scottish football dragged back in time with sectarianism rearing its ugly head after incidents involving Kris Boyd and Steve Clarke .

Both were victims of sectarian chanting aimed at them based on their affiliation (real or otherwise) with one half of the Old Firm.

However, only one seemed to cause widespread offence and spur the Scottish FA into some sort of action.

READ MORE: https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/sectarianism-Rangers-celtic-affects-beating-14037661

Good, you putting it out there, well done to you. :tu:

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

It’s not truly sectarian, we’re not fighting over differences in communion or any other theological matters. It’s football rivalry. For real sectarianism see Sunnis and Shias.

Exactly, this notion we are all offended at the football is nonsense.

1 minute ago, OhW said:

That's what annoys me when people come on here and say "I'm an atheist so I think all religion is stupid". We're not arguing over how to worship God ffs.

I don’t think it’s been sectarian for at least 30 years, how the fuck can a secular country be sectarian?

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

I would rather everyone (us and them) just stopped the charade and we carry on as normal.

tend to agree with that more than disagree 

It's not like 100 years ago when our society was less integrated .these days "mixed" marriage doesn't bat an eye and we all mix together socially and outside the GCC  and BBC work together 

if they want to really eradicate it get rid of faith schools .waste of time .my mrs is a tarrier and I know more about religion than she does. 

schooling is the main route of sectarianism but don't see that lot giving up their schools anytime soon 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

tend to agree with that more than disagree 

It's not like 100 years ago when our society was less integrated .these days "mixed" marriage doesn't bat an eye and we all mix together socially and outside the GCC  and BBC work together 

if they want to really eradicate it get rid of faith schools .waste of time .my mrs is a tarrier and I know more about religion than she does. 

schooling is the main route of sectarianism but don't see that lot giving up their schools anytime soon 

I fail to understand how people who think it’s fine to separate children in the education system, think it’s wrong to separate aldults on the sports field.

11 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Most of whom probably seldom, if ever, go to church. It’s absolute bollox. Scotland doesn’t have a sectarian problem it’s got an anti sectarian industry,.

correct .a true sectarian problem would amount to a lot more than shouting and singing .as you have said in another comment it's far more about football rivalry than religion now 

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

I fail to understand how people who think it’s fine to separate children in the education system, think it’s wrong to separate aldults on the sports field.

before primary school I used to play regular with a wee girl my age that stayed across the road .

from the day we started school we never ever spoke again. we wouldn't have been aware of any difference but the choice of school sorted that out 

Just now, magic8ball said:

correct .a true sectarian problem would amount to a lot more than shouting and singing .as you have said in another comment it's far more about football rivalry than religion now 

When I call someone a Fenian Bastard I’m not thinking, I hate you because for you the Chapel biscuits actually turn into the body of Christ. Any cunt knows it’s symbolic.......arrrrggggghhhhhh Fenian Bastards.

6 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

You went to one of the separated schools didn’t you😂.