Sectarianism at Rangers or celtic affects us all and beating it requires equal approach - James Black

The Dude

11 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I suppose this is an ok article but with too much pandering to the other side, it should have been more about highlighting the double standards than saying "yes were bad but theyre bad too"

I can't remember hearing any songs about terrorists at Ibrox since my first game in 1992

I can't remember seeing Rangers fans hanging any effigies at Ibrox

I've never seen a banner from the Union Bears containing anti Catholic slurs 

celtic get away with this shit week after week, yet we are the bad guys. I'd rather every single fan in Ibrox called Clarke a fenian than listen to the pandering shite about how we need to stop our bad behaviour. We sing some songs, some of them use slurs that are political but interpreted as sectarian, that's the worst thing we've done in years. To compare that to everything theyve done is just pandering pish.

Its kinda hard to do much else when the chairman publicly apologises as youre writing it

It’s a strange old world, all this humming and hawing because a fat mongo got called a bad word.

Id genuinely see the point if there was a form of discrimination and it stopped him being employed or he was getting assaulted daily, windows smashed, coins thrown at him, etc but in reality he got sang a wee ditty and because his teams pants were round their ankles he’s tain the huff.

You would think we were the Protestant equivalent of ISIS with catholic heads in the bins around Govan the way the OTT and career offended harp on 😂

What a laugh.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Can't you just post your script without having us use the link to that shower of shite that you write for Dude

I think if we click on the link there may be a better chance of getting more positive stuff from the Dude.

it shows the paper that we are interested in reading good stuff about our club rather than that scum across the city.

its the only bit i would look at in that rag.

Decent article, factual and fair. Unpalatable as it may be to a section of the support I think ‘DK’ has put Lawell and his club on the back foot with his statement. For far too long they have been anonymous in any condemnation of their fan base (especially their away support). They hold no shame (without even going in to their sordid history) and hold no high ground over ourselves...

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its kinda hard to do much else when the chairman publicly apologises as youre writing it

you don't have to agree with him 

dont get me wrong I'm not telling you what you should write or think and I like the majority of your articles, but it almost seems that journalists aren't allowed to highlight bigotry at celtic unless Rangers are also mentioned.

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Referees have been the centre of attention over the past few months as everybody thinks there's an agenda for or against somebody else.

But the last week has seen Scottish football dragged back in time with sectarianism rearing its ugly head after incidents involving Kris Boyd and Steve Clarke .

Both were victims of sectarian chanting aimed at them based on their affiliation (real or otherwise) with one half of the Old Firm.

However, only one seemed to cause widespread offence and spur the Scottish FA into some sort of action.

READ MORE: https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/sectarianism-Rangers-celtic-affects-beating-14037661

Well said. 

Good article. Balanced and fair in its points. Unfortunately, we all know it'll fall on deaf ears. Its glaringly obvious what's happening at the moment, and what will happen. More condemnation of us, and fuck all for anyone else.

And for the record, I couldn't give a rats flying fuck about catholics or protestants, Ireland or Northern Ireland or any of that shite. But I do see the anti protestant agenda being spun by the media and it makes my fucking blood boil because MY club is being dragged, unfairly, through the dirt. Like @The Dude says, it's either all or nothing. 

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Maybe, next time it happens to SG, he should go on camera with the watery eyes and trembling lip and play this victim card?

:1120982233_SGsmile:

Na cause that would mean we had just been beat 5-0 and he was using Clark’s deflection technique 

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

celtic-v-rangers-ladbrokes-scottish-premiership-celtic-park-5-390x285.jpg.fb1ea8e662abb5c3d1bdd54a45857a41.jpgscum-2.thumb.jpg.50d1b5095d8ba63d23b5c4aac7851cfe.jpgCsED73OWgAABS97.thumb.jpg.1e5ff54d8088f48bd364f21d8111dc5c.jpg

Address the above then we can all have a discussion about sectarianism. 

There's a better article in a single sentence. 

Imagine there were anti-catholic scenes akin to that at Ibrox on Wednesday. SC would have drowned in his own tears.

5 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Who actually gives a shit? People in society pretending to be Catholic or Protestant just to be offended. It's all nonsense. 

My opinion for what it's worth is that the ones who are most offended by sectarianism(especially anti- Catholic) is middle class Protestants,professionals like teachers who ironically are barred from taking a senior role at 50% of schools because they are not Catholic absolutely despise Rangers,the Orange Order and can't wait to express their horror at working class Protestants and their unacceptable behaviour.

3 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Boyd and Clarke both had sectarian chanting aimed at them but only one also had coins coming their way and yet strangely that's the one who hardly got any publicity ... something stinks!

Aye Scotland