Steve Clarke say we didn't sign Catholics until after 1984

j1mgg

He is only getting all this attention because he is a poor Catholic up against the big bad Rangers. He will keep it going to deflect from the defeat and to keep himself relevant. Its a shame he has resorted to this as he has done a good job with Kilmarnock which will have got him on other clubs radars. I do feel he himself knows he has done all he can with Killie and that this is the perfect excuse to fuck off from Killie and use the Rangers fans are so mean that I had to leave for my own sake, rather than say I got a better offer. 

The double standards from him are shocking but I think he knows that we are an easy target with the way the media goes on up here and the support this kind of stuff gets. Its as if a terrible crime has been committed when its just part and parcel of football here it happens on both sides but we are pursued far more and put under the microscope. I think a lot of it is do with getting stronger and progressing as a team that has brought more of the bitterness towards than anything and since we live in the land of the offended, its no fair we never got our independence and Rangers are pure unionists that meant we never got independence and its all their fault. We are getting it from all angles not from a purely football side of things but to match peoples political agendas and if we question them then we are just big bad Rangers fans for daring to ask questions of them. This all started with that fucking football that criminalised fans it was brought in by the SNP on a whim based on faux outrage over Ally and the TLB (prime example of always the victim never in the wrong). It just kept going from there to let people push their own agendas.

6 minutes ago, mrmojorisin said:

The  only cunts that are concerned with the religion of Rangers players are sellik supporting Catholics...

fuckin oddballs 

They absolutely hate the fact that we will sign Catholics, along with any other players and their religious preferences, but are especially bitterly annoyed by the fact that we will employ Catholics and that Catholics are willing and happy to play for us.

5 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

but are especially bitterly annoyed by the fact that we will employ Catholics and that Catholics are willing and happy to play for us.

Except Steve Clarke it seems

We were allegedly going to sign him regardless of what sky fairy he followed but he wouldn't come

whos the bigot Steve? 

8 hours ago, beararse said:

Maybe someone should point out to Clark and the media that Rangers signed Catholics well before Mo Johnston.

Here's a wee list of them....

Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Thereafter, Catholic players prior to Mo Johnston's signing include: Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992)

To be fair he didn't actually say we didn't sign Catholics, he said Mo was the first headline signing, and I think that was fair.