Steve Clarke say we didn't sign Catholics until after 1984

j1mgg

This cunt is at it now. This country is still obsessed with a mythical signing policy that was, in their mind, ended over 30 years ago but still go on about it. It's funny how they're never so loud when it comes to the crimes of their church or the crimes over at parkhead.

Here's the difference between our side and their side. We can take it as a joke and they fucking cant. Look at the way Boyd has acted compared to Clarke and even Lennon considering Boyd's treatment was similar in regard to the physical abuse as well as singing.

Boyd pretty much laughed it off and came out saying it's part and parcel with the "old firm". Clarke literally threw a strop right after the game and he hasn't got out it since. Now it's back to big bad Rangers who hate all the catholics. 

They are weak, pathetic cowards who live to be oppressed despite what success life has brought them and their weird out look on life is given credence by football clubs, football personel, the media and politicians. 

I've lost a lot of respect for Clarke this week. The loss of respect comes from his attitude to his own player being abused compared to his own abuse and the lie after lie he has told this week. 

51 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

This cunt is at it now. This country is still obsessed with a mythical signing policy that was, in their mind, ended over 30 years ago but still go on about it. It's funny how they're never so loud when it comes to the crimes of their church or the crimes over at parkhead.

Here's the difference between our side and their side. We can take it as a joke and they fucking cant. Look at the way Boyd has acted compared to Clarke and even Lennon considering Boyd's treatment was similar in regard to the physical abuse as well as singing.

Boyd pretty much laughed it off and came out saying it's part and parcel with the "old firm". Clarke literally threw a strop right after the game and he hasn't got out it since. Now it's back to big bad Rangers who hate all the catholics. 

They are weak, pathetic cowards who live to be oppressed despite what success life has brought them and their weird out look on life is given credence by football clubs, football personel, the media and politicians. 

I've lost a lot of respect for Clarke this week. The loss of respect comes from his attitude to his own player being abused compared to his own abuse and the lie after lie he has told this week. 

I have zero respect for this manky bastard.

12 hours ago, j1mgg said:

Clarke said: “In society in Scotland there have been advances. I was brought up in an age where the first part of any conversation was: ‘What school did you go to, son?’ Hopefully we’re past that.

How can we possibly be past that when children in this country are divided into two groups at the tender age of 5 by the Catholic Church and happily funded by the state. 

I know it's  been said many times on here and it's blatantly obvious, if the authorities are in any way serious about addressing sectarianism in Scotland, then they must begin with eradicating segragated schools.

2 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

I have zero respect for this manky bastard.

Oh aye same now mate. We all knew his background but I thought he was above all that and added into the bargain a decent coach. I'm delighted at the thought this melt might be their gaffer one day.

Jakey is just enhancing his cv for his move to celtic.  Big up his hatred of us and popularise himself in the east end. He gets mileage out of knowing he rattles some of our support.  He is just a pitiful little man, best ignored and left to rant to himself.    

2 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Jakey is just enhancing his cv for his move to celtic.  Big up his hatred of us and popularise himself in the east end. He gets mileage out of knowing he rattles some of our support.  He is just a pitiful little man, best ignored and left to rant to himself.    

No chance mate.

You see Stevie hates sectarianism and took his family away from it all in the big bad West Coast. in fact he hates it so much it almost makes him cry.

If celtic asked to talk to him he would ask them all about the sectarianism he had to escape 30 odd years ago and if it still happened. Then he'll remember their fans calling his club captain an Orange Bastard and he'll say all of that is alien to him so he couldn't possibly entertain further talks regarding managing them.

He's a man of integrity you see

50 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

People have to ask themselves would he be saying all this if his team had won? I am almost certain he wouldn't. Sour grapes frankly that his team got battered. He tried goading Gerrard for the last few weeks and his team got spanked. 

Would the media be using this on their front pages if the taigs had not been pumped by Valencia, deflect for Brenda

12 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Would the media be using this on their front pages if the taigs had not been pumped by Valencia, deflect for Brenda

But they weren’t pumped they were cheated and showed they can compete at the highest level in Europe by keeping the score down to 3-0. 

17 hours ago, j1mgg said:

One of Clarke’s quotes“What happened this week is hopefully one isolated incident that will now lead to better things in the future.

But it wasn’t one isolated incident. Still airbrushing Sunday and pretending it never happened. Didn’t want to talk about Boyd’s sectarian abuse at the time and it can’t be one incident at two different games.For all clarke has lived away from the west coast of Scotland, he’s still part of the problem, only one side are seen as bigots and until this is addressed nothing will change.

9 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

How can we possibly be past that when children in this country are divided into two groups at the tender age of 5 by the Catholic Church and happily funded by the state. 

I know it's  been said many times on here and it's blatantly obvious, if the authorities are in any way serious about addressing sectarianism in Scotland, then they must begin with eradicating segragated schools.

It is very clear that when this subject about segragated schools is raised is that the vast majority of non catholics want all children to attend the same school.We dont want church of scotland schools or muslim schools or jewish schools or any kind of seperated schools  because of religion. We want all children to attend the same school.So who are the bigots.My children attended school with a mixture of all race and religions and it didnt bother me at all.So again- who are the bigots.

The schools are to blame for a lot of it. As mentioned before taking a child at the age of 5 and saying you go yo this school away from friends because of your religion.

I dont know if there will be any kids at that age that will understand that or actually have the actual belief in what they are being taught. Its just forced on them and theu dont get a different POV because they dont mix with other kids.

Then the ones that dont take the kids to chapel or believe but they just go to that school because their Catholic. They use religion as a safety blanket to protect them from any form of questioning or poor publicity. 

They created all this from the start by being a victim playing minority creating schools just for them and a football club just for them. Then they spout lies for years and if you eventually tell lies for long enough it eventually becomes truth and again dont question them as they all come out shouting their usual. Its the empty barrels that make the most noise and thats what we are up against in this country.

Most people dont care about everyone elses religion as long as you are a decent person. There are bitter sections in all society but the coverage of that isnt even and is mostly focused on the majority and what they do wrong as so not to upset the minority because that wouldnt be PC. 

On 23/02/2019 at 09:20, beararse said:

Maybe someone should point out to Clark and the media that Rangers signed Catholics well before Mo Johnston.

Here's a wee list of them....

Pat Lafferty (1886), Tom Dunbar (1891–1892), J Tutty (1899–1900), Archie Kyle (1904–1908), Willie Kivlichan (1906–1907), Colin Mainds (1906–1907), Tom Murray (1907–1908), William Brown (1912), Joe Donnachie (circa.1914–1918) and John Jackson (1917). Thereafter, Catholic players prior to Mo Johnston's signing include: Laurie Blyth (1951–1952), Don Kitchenbrand (1955–1956), Hugh O'Neill (1976), John Spencer (1985–1992)

Will the Club/Club 1872 ask that SC retract/apologise for the comment he made as it is inaccurate?

We did discriminate in our signing policy but why bring something up that ended 35 years ago? 

He also said Kilmarnock are an inclusive club with black players and Muslims, which suggests (contrary to blatantly obvious evidence) he doesn't think Rangers are?

All this while ignoring what happened to his own player and his own ground!

I'm concerned for his mental health.