Morelos Interview

soulboy

6 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It was Jonathan Johansson that found him - he's now long gone. Morelos was a worthwhile gamble for the price we paid, JJs inside knowledge was a big factor. Strikers like Morelos are out there, but I'm not sure there is a "model" at the club to find them - eg Grezda, for example.

Helsinki had a couple of really lively strikers when we played that friendly the other week, they should be our new shopping destination, Grezda and Barisic from the Eastern side of Europe are looking a bit meh.

Morelos will earn much more money away from us that's for sure, will he ever be as happy though?

47 minutes ago, qwerty said:

Ether way SG needs a contingency plan...….Defoe stop gap due to age, Laff maybe not good enough imho.

Plan for the worst hope for the best!

I think Defoe was brought here on an 18 month deal to be our main man next season, if Morelos does go I'm sure we'll sign another striker and would hopenwe can unearth another gem but I think the post Morelos contingency plan is/was Defoe, Jan-May to settle in and gey games undrr his belt then next season be rearing to go.

13 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I think Defoe was brought here on an 18 month deal to be our main man next season, if Morelos does go I'm sure we'll sign another striker and would hopenwe can unearth another gem but I think the post Morelos contingency plan is/was Defoe, Jan-May to settle in and gey games undrr his belt then next season be rearing to go.

We should have been actively looking for Morelos replacement since last year's winter transfer window. A plan should be in place for this summer because its clear there's going to be some big offers coming our way for him.  We should absolutely be looking for around 20 million for him and if we get close to that for him we should have a whole new level of transfer target available to us. Hopefully the jump in quality we can target from 1-2 million pound players to 4-5 million pound players makes it a little easier to find Alfies replacement because it won't be easy if not. But if we are going to rely on a 38 year old striker we have guys in the transfer department who aren't doing their jobs properly. 

He is desperate to play in the EPL - So desperate he will go for mega bucks on a fat wage to a mid table side playing in front of 25/30k who will win fuck all ever.  

not saying he’s mid table material btw just saying the top four/five won’t gamble preferring the tried and tested strikers of the world 

a month in - driving his fancy motor to his big fuck off hoose and he’ll regret it   

Only one way Morelos stays at Rangers is if he is playing CL football next season which is looking more doubtful as the weeks go on.

he has the potential to be Columbia’s next big thing and to do that he has to be playing in one of the top European leagues for a top club,  money talks tho and the likes of Everton, Leicester, Burnley could easily afford 20 mil which is a sad state of affairs considering how much bigger in stature we are.

we have to face up to the fact he is going , let’s enjoy him for as long as we’ve got him and when the big bucks come in we spend a good portion of the cash on a decent replacement.

9 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

£20 million?  Chicken feed.  Keep him for another season, let him gain some maturity and consider a minimum of £30 million at the end of next.

I think the end of season is the right time for all parties. Probably already got the nod to go on the summer. Much as I love him I think he could go in a huff if we don't sell him and his form (and value) would suffer. In fact did he not have a wee wobble after the China speculation?

3 hours ago, Bearsden bear said:

I think the end of season is the right time for all parties. Probably already got the nod to go on the summer. Much as I love him I think he could go in a huff if we don't sell him and his form (and value) would suffer. In fact did he not have a wee wobble after the China speculation?

I think you are right. He has scored a decent whack of goals and had has had decent exposure in Europe etc so clubs will rightly be interested. If we held on to him and he does not have a decent season his value goes down. Plus with the media attacking him at any opportunity the will love sticking the boot in an driving his value down. Will be sad to see him go but I think this will be his last season with us. 

Be shocked if he wasn't off in the summer for a fee of around 15 to 20mil. I think we will all be sad to see him go but in the long run the money invested should see us step up all over the park. Need to be spending 5 mil each on a striker, centre back and creative midfielder. Few players will leave and get a few potentials in on cheap deals as well. 

Think he will gone in the sunmer. He is worth £20m to us and not a penny less. Teams will pay it but we have to be ready to play hardball. 

As some said already, finding a replacement will be a nightmare but then again we are playing in Scotland so it’s doable.