Parking at Ibrox

Bristol loyal

Hi guys just looking for some advice! Coming up for the killie game on the 16th and it will be the first time I’ve drove up, where would you recommend for parking? I’ve seen I can pre book to park in the Albion car park is this my best bet? Also got a 6 hour drive home after the game so preferably somewhere it won’t take hours just to get out of the car park?

4 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Hi guys just looking for some advice! Coming up for the killie game on the 16th and it will be the first time I’ve drove up, where would you recommend for parking? I’ve seen I can pre book to park in the Albion car park is this my best bet? Also got a 6 hour drive home after the game so preferably somewhere it won’t take hours just to get out of the car park?

There is parking across from Ibrox library for £5 which is ok for getting out of or if you don't mind walking you can park around Portman St beside Ryze indoor trampoline park which is close to motorway.

12 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Hi mate,

We park in the Albion every game and its normally fine, they have stewards directing traffic now and even on a busy day we are normally in the car out the car park in 15mins

Depends if you are desperate to get back home but take your time after game, wee wander round the stadium etc and you will be good to go.

1 minute ago, Del said:

Hi mate,

We park in the Albion every game and its normally fine, they have stewards directing traffic now and even on a busy day we are normally in the car out the car park in 15mins

Depends if you are desperate to get back home but take your time after game, wee wander round the stadium etc and you will be good to go.

Only thing is as a regular you probably know the best places / worst spots to park in the car park. 

Anytime I've passed by 15 mins plus afterwards its still heaving. Flow is dictated by the lights up at the petrol station. Not disputing you, just feel it could backfire on the OP.

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Only thing is as a regular you probably know the best places / worst spots to park in the car park. 

Anytime I've passed by 15 mins plus afterwards its still heaving. Flow is dictated by the lights up at the petrol station. Not disputing you, just feel it could backfire on the OP.

There is lights at the top of the road but there is normally police on motorbikes there for a good while after the game.

We are always back in Larkhall before 6pm on Match days which I think it ok?

2 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

Far away as possible if you don't want to be sitting in the car for ages before actually moving.

Drove to the St Johnstone game and sat on Govan Road for an hour barely moving.

Never used the Albion, but looks like a nightmare to get out of when I've drove by.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Dumbreck. I live here.

Few roads for your reference: Urrdale Road, Dalkeith Avenue, Larch Road, Maple Road

10 min walk to/from Ibrox. Park on any of those and after the game you'll have no trouble getting on to the motorway for a quick exit. 

Only thing is you literally need to be there about 3 hours before kick off to just about find a space in these streets 

6 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Only thing is you literally need to be there about 3 hours before kick off to just about find a space in these streets 

I'd say my street is completely full about 1 hour before kick off - the others mentioned above fill up first as they're closer to Ibrox so yeah you do need to be a bit early but I guess if coming from afar you probably would be in the city earlier than your average fan going to the game

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I'd say my street is completely full about 1 hour before kick off - the others mentioned above fill up first as they're closer to Ibrox so yeah you do need to be a bit early but I guess if coming from afar you probably would be in the city earlier than your average fan going to the game

Hoping to be up there around half 12/1, I’m guessing that would be early enough to get a space in one of the streets you’ve mentioned?

If you are reasonably fit and agile park off Paisley Road before the junction with Govan Road if coming in from the east.   You can jog back to the car in less than 15 mins and overtake all the traffic queued up on Paisley Road West.  Also good for a quck exit on the motorway.  

9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Sure I read the neighbours up your way are getting a bit uppity about matchday parking  - and want it banned. Same crowd that pushed for that ridiculous "use the loop campaign"  M8/M77 route that everyone continues to ignore at rush hour.

13 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

not unless @psb07158saves you a spot or lets you use his driveway    :whistle:

:lol:

13 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

i was going to ask but i feel i sound too much like a shifty character

if you're ever genuinely struggling / late for a game then PM me and you can park in my driveway

if i subsequently get robbed i will find you and i will kill you though

8 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Sure I read the neighbours up your way are getting a bit uppity about matchday parking  - and want it banned. Same crowd that pushed for that ridiculous "use the loop campaign"  M8/M77 route that everyone continues to ignore at rush hour.

they are, because a lot of them are upper-middle class, football-hating, rugby-loving wankers

they pushed to have speedbumps put into our area which pissed me off. 

my cousin was round at mine last week doing some joinery work and he got ticketed because the cones were out and he had come round at like 6am and not realised :lol: - and the parking warden didn't knock our door or anythin like a sound one has done before, this one just ticketed and left. but it's ridiculous for us/our guests to get ticketed when visiting my house.