All change

DrLaudrup

Looks like Rodgers is away.....i'd say Steve Clarke must be frontrunner for them now after all his outbursts recently. On a serious point though to justify talking about them - how much of an influence has he had on their recent success? For all he's annoying I thought he was a decent manager who was unlucky at Liverpool and has done well with them - the fact he is trying to leave and not stay to push for 10 tells me that he thinks they can't do it and is jumping ship now. He must know something about their investment or whatever that makes him feel we can take them now and in the coming seasons. That seems encouraging for me?

He was probably the best available manager, all things considered, they could possibly have brought in. I can't think of anyone who wasnt a total gamble, that might have been better. Tbh, if it wasn't for the Celtic supporting connection, they'd never of landed Rodgers.

He has a 100% record domestically, and looked near certain to win - at least - 8 out of 9 trophies. From that position, the only way is down - and he escapes the old firm pressure cooker, unscathed, having never been under any major pressure and with an enhanced reputation. TBH, even as a Rangers fan, Rodgers has a fair bit of my respect. Narcissistic as he can be, the only real reason I have to hate him is the fact his Celtic side consistently humbled us in a way that no Celtic team ever has in my lifetime, and hopefully never will again.

Rodgers leaving Celtic is good news for us. They will not appoint a better manager.

In a way, with the league maybe just being a step too far this season, if he doesnt implode then I hope Lennon does enough to stay on for next year. There is absolutely no way he has the professionalism, discipline or mentallity to stay composed when the pressure is on next year. He will turn the mentalness up to 12.

7 hours ago, Badger said:

He was probably the best available manager, all things considered, they could possibly have brought in. I can't think of anyone who wasnt a total gamble, that might have been better. Tbh, if it wasn't for the Celtic supporting connection, they'd never of landed Rodgers.

He has a 100% record domestically, and looked near certain to win - at least - 8 out of 9 trophies. From that position, the only way is down - and he escapes the old firm pressure cooker, unscathed, having never been under any major pressure and with an enhanced reputation. TBH, even as a Rangers fan, Rodgers has a fair bit of my respect. Narcissistic as he can be, the only real reason I have to hate him is the fact his Celtic side consistently humbled us in a way that no Celtic team ever has in my lifetime, and hopefully never will again.

Rodgers leaving Celtic is good news for us. They will not appoint a better manager.

In a way, with the league maybe just being a step too far this season, if he doesnt implode then I hope Lennon does enough to stay on for next year. There is absolutely no way he has the professionalism, discipline or mentallity to stay composed when the pressure is on next year. He will turn the mentalness up to 12.

Post of the day from Badger

6 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Post of the day from Badger

We'll remember that when we only hate the interim manager because he is a Catholic from Northeren Ireland.... oh wait..... 

Celtic fans generally love Lennon for the exact same sectarian tinged reasons that we hate him, and anyone that says otherwise is a liar.

They know, we know it, the media know, everyone knows it.... but it never gets called out.

Just now, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Any decent bargains on amazon just now mate? Be needing to stock up shortly. Not on Tennents.

Amazon's been shite since Christmas mate, I've stopped using it for beer at the moment.

They have 10 packs of this and that for £10-£12 but that's about what they cost in the shops. 18 Stella 440ml for £14 is about the best they have. Some shitey offer that gives you £4 off £90 as well.

If I'm buying beer I just try and pick a horse that I can at least double my money on and then go to Tesco whistling a happy tune.

6 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Amazon's been shite since Christmas mate, I've stopped using it for beer at the moment.

They have 10 packs of this and that for £10-£12 but that's about what they cost in the shops. 18 Stella 440ml for £14 is about the best they have. Some shitey offer that gives you £4 off £90 as well.

If I'm buying beer I just try and pick a horse that I can at least double my money on and then go to Tesco whistling a happy tune.

Aye just let me know about this as well mate!