Jordan rossiter

CF2 WINNIE

I like Rossiter,he's a real talent and has a presence on the pitch when played. He's been very unlucky wi injuries,some happening in training but hopefully he's regained full fitness and match fitness at Bury.

Don't get some on here who dismiss young talent and at the same time criticize experienced players we've brought in.All about opinions I know but ffs support the lads and wish them well.

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

Yes. Subconsciously that's a part of it. 

He's been contracted to us for three years now and contributed nothing. He played in arguably out worst European result.

I said further back I don't think he's good enough at present. He may in future be but at present he's not so we'd be as well to sell him to a club down south with a good sell on clause. 

I don't think I have ever heard anything so absurd...most people who have seen him playing can see he has ability and a very good pedigree, I would even say that he was thought of higher when Gerrard wasnt at the club, so I cant work out how anyone would treat him favorably because he looks like Gerrard (which he doesnt).

As for him not contributing, how is he supposed to contribute when he is injured?

The worst result in Europe? I would suggest might be the 2-0 defeat by Progres?  In which he played 70odd mins, he came on in the 70th min as a sub for Niko Kranjcar in the first leg, but played the majority of the second although I don't know how those minutes can be used to judge him? Especially when he didnt do anything wrong at either goal.

He has shown for me in the games he has played, especially Hibs last season, that he is more than good enough to play for us at this level. The manager even said that in pre-season Rossiter was the stand out performer before his injury so I think there is scope for him to be given another chance this season and see where it takes us.

His contract runs out next year (May 2020) and given that we paid £200-300k for him, its not a huge gamble to take, giving him a chance to prove his fitness and ability.

3 minutes ago, Del said:

I don't think I have ever heard anything so absurd...most people who have seen him playing can see he has ability and a very good pedigree, I would even say that he was thought of higher when Gerrard wasnt at the club, so I cant work out how anyone would treat him favorably because he looks like Gerrard (which he doesnt).

As for him not contributing, how is he supposed to contribute when he is injured?

The worst result in Europe? I would suggest might be the 2-0 defeat by Progres?  In which he played 70odd mins, he came on in the 70th min as a sub for Niko Kranjcar in the first leg, but played the majority of the second although I don't know how those minutes can be used to judge him? Especially when he didnt do anything wrong at either goal.

He has shown for me in the games he has played, especially Hibs last season, that he is more than good enough to play for us at this level. The manager even said that in pre-season Rossiter was the stand out performer before his injury so I think there is scope for him to be given another chance this season and see where it takes us.

His contract runs out next year (May 2020) and given that we paid £200-300k for him, its not a huge gamble to take, giving him a chance to prove his fitness and ability.

Fine let's spunk another three year contract at however many k a week on him just on this vague concept of ability and pedigree. Happy? 

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No doubt he gets injured as soon as he returns 

If he does then something needs to be looked at, hes played 2 games a week a good few times since joining Bury!

Jack is a replaceable player. If there's an interest in him from England as rumoured Rossiter has a chance to take that role. He can also play deeper like Davis who is unlikely to manage 40-50 games next season. I'd keep Rossiter and I'd play him I can see a talent there that a functional player like Jack will never reach. Rossiter has only ever needed fitness and if he plays this season out and can be relied on he's a part of the team for me. 

9 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

I remember, following the away leg (bearing in mind his age and restricted appearances through injury) he fronted the televised post game press interview at the side of the pitch. A truly terrible night and result but the lad showed character and strength to stand up and do this when it should have been the responsibility of a senior player if not the captain. He is a talented lad who I believe (should he now remain serious injury free) will progress in to a highly thought of good player be that with us or if/ when he moves on. Genuinely hope he makes this progression by coming back to Rangers...

well said.

6 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Jack is a replaceable player. If there's an interest in him from England as rumoured Rossiter has a chance to take that role. He can also play deeper like Davis who is unlikely to manage 40-50 games next season. I'd keep Rossiter and I'd play him I can see a talent there that a functional player like Jack will never reach. Rossiter has only ever needed fitness and if he plays this season out and can be relied on he's a part of the team for me. 

He is the best tackler at the club. Just need to keep him fit.

15 minutes ago, Del said:

If he does then something needs to be looked at, hes played 2 games a week a good few times since joining Bury!

He’s played more minutes for Bury than he has done for Rangers.  The lad seems to have recovered from his injury woes and more importantly he’s putting in performances.  Hopefully he can come back and make an impact.

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Personally think we've found a better version of that kind of player in Kamara. I reckon Rossiter's chance of making it with us has been and gone.

I think he would compliment Kamara quite well. Jack's our weak link 

9 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Not imo, Ryan Jack offers plenty to the team.

Fair enough, I don't think he's enough of an influence on games for a starting centre mid.  He's average at everything so he gets by but in my opinion he is no more than a steady player. Reliable, tries his utmost but limited. 

5 hours ago, TMB said:

He’s played more minutes for Bury than he has done for Rangers.  The lad seems to have recovered from his injury woes and more importantly he’s putting in performances.  Hopefully he can come back and make an impact.

and Bury are wracked with financial woes so if Rossiter can stay fit and cope with not being paid he'll be an asset for Admn 2

14 games for Bury - good news for the lad and perhaps for us. 

22 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

He seems to be getting fit . The manager will I assume look at him pre season and make his mind up. He has been through a lot and would really like to see him make it with us.

Our gaffer will be looking at him closely as he was highly thought of at Liverpool and if he thinks he may get an injury free Rossiter then only an idiot would say no. If he gets injured again up here then punt him next year when end of contract, a few more months isn't going to make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things.