Jordan rossiter

CF2 WINNIE

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Still think Rossiter is a better player. 

Aye fair enough if you think that, but Rossiter is really competing with Jack, Kamara and McCrorie. 

Personally I don't think we've seen anything from Rossiter in a Rangers shirt to justify the opinion that he's better or worse than any of our players. Plus he's made of glass and by all accounts on a ridiculous wage for his age/team contribution. 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Aye fair enough if you think that, but Rossiter is really competing with Jack, Kamara and McCrorie. 

Personally I don't think we've seen anything from Rossiter in a Rangers shirt to justify the opinion that he's better or worse than any of our players. Plus he's made of glass and by all accounts on a ridiculous wage for his age/team contribution. 

He’s not had a bad game in a Rangers shirt.

Every single bit of hype around Docherty comes from people not watching him at Shrewsbury and Hamilton because he was dreadful at us.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s not had a bad game in a Rangers shirt.

Every single bit of hype around Docherty comes from people not watching him at Shrewsbury and Hamilton because he was dreadful at us.

Ha, why do you keep comparing him to Docherty? He's a different player. Also the end of last season people thought Morelos was shite and wanted rid, the whole team was utterly garbage. I'm not going to judge a player who was under the stewardship of Murty. 

Back to Rossiter, he's had about 11 games in a Rangers shirt over three seasons - which in itself is ridiculous - but even if we put he's utterly woeful injury record to one side,  11 games over three seasons tells us very little. 

I think it's still too early to judge Rossiter, but given he's been here three seasons that's a bit of a joke - which is why I'd get rid ahead of others. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Ha, why do you keep comparing him to Docherty? He's a different player. Also the end of last season people thought Morelos was shite and wanted rid, the whole team was utterly garbage. I'm not going to judge a player who was under the stewardship of Murty. 

Back to Rossiter, he's had about 11 games in a Rangers shirt over three seasons - which in itself is ridiculous - but even if we put he's utterly woeful injury record to one side,  11 games over three seasons tells us very little. 

I think it's still too early to judge Rossiter, but given he's been here three seasons that's a bit of a joke - which is why I'd get rid ahead of others. 

The post literally mentioned 5 players of which Docherty was one.

The fact Morelos was regularly bottling it against celtic and patched the season along with the rest was the reasoning behind people wanting rid.

6 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

That's opinion, not evidence. 

There’s evidence from those games. Fact.

That's opinion, not evidence. 

Exactly. Evidence is Jack's goal and great performance in the scum game. McCrorie was immense that day too. 

Rossiter has no such evidence.... Aye alright that 60 mins he managed against hivs in the last game of the season was OK. 

Jack played first progress game we won 1-0. Jack and Rossiter played second progres game we lost 2-0. Now that wasn't Rossiters fault obviously but it does provide evidence that Rossiter is not better than Jack. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The post literally mentioned 5 players of which Docherty was one

Yes, but we'd already covered that off. Never mind on that though. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There’s evidence from those games. Fact

That's still opinion. If you're going to support it with evidence then I'd happily change my view but saying 'Fact' doesn't change anything, other than make your post a little silly. 

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Exactly. Evidence is Jack's goal and great performance in the scum game. McCrorie was immense that day too. 

Rossiter has no such evidence.... Aye alright that 60 mins he managed against hivs in the last game of the season was OK. 

Jack played first progress game we won 1-0. Jack and Rossiter played second progres game we lost 2-0. Now that wasn't Rossiters fault obviously but it does provide evidence that Rossiter is not better than Jack

No it doesn’t.

32 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Been injury free for months.

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Jack played first progress game we won 1-0. Jack and Rossiter played second progres game we lost 2-0. Now that wasn't Rossiters fault obviously but it does provide evidence that Rossiter is not better than Jack. 

A deflected shot doesn’t make you a better player though.

Martyn Waghorn started in the 1 nil win, Morelos started in the 2-0 loss, therefore Morelos isn’t better than Waghorn. 

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Yes, but we'd already covered that off. Never mind on that though. 

That's still opinion. If you're going to support it with evidence then I'd happily change my view but saying 'Fact' doesn't change anything, other than make your post a little silly. 

Every single bit of rating a player over another is opinion, where is the evidence that Jack’s better than Rossiter?

Fact, wasn’t serious.

2 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

He started poorly that game against Hibs but definitely was MOTM the time he was on the pitch. Doesn't change anything for me though - the boy seems talented, likes a tackle and can pick a pass - but he's been available for around 10% of our games in three seasons and is on a wage well above his worth/contribution to the team. They're the kind of facts we can't really ignore if we're to be maximising our playing budget. 

To your point - we've only 10 or 11 games where we can actually compare him with other players in our teams and considering they occurred during three vastly different team styles, form, game situations - how can we possibly compare his ability as a Rangers player with others in the squad. 

Gerrard said Rossiter was the best player at pre season last summer. If he does that again this year, he makes the team, it's that simple. Made of glass or unlucky? I think he is proving the answer to that by playing every game at Bury.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

10 starts at least since joining Bury. Fact 🙂

Yep, he was also fine all through pre-season and was apparently a stand out according to Gerrard, but then got injured again. 

I'm not sure we're in a position to be able to sit and take a risk on a player who is clearly injury prone. 

I dont understand why people are so quick to put down our players...

If we are talking purely about footballing ability, any time I have seen Rossiter play he has shown more than enough to suggest that he can play at our level!

The memories I have of him is that he is a box to box midfielder, who is good defensively but can also pick a pass ( I remember him playing 2-3 brilliant slide rule passes between FB and CB) and then going by the Hibs game, he can get into the box and finish well.

There is nothing to lose by giving him a pre-season, see how he goes and take it from there.

Fair enough, not in a Rangers shirt though. Is he worth the reported £8-10k a week he's on? 

Hes been unlucky with various injuries. He had been fit for months, he can't make Gerrard pick him. He knew he needed regular and consistent game time, so he's gone and done it and done well.  I've not seen him play poorly for us, I have seen him play well, just not enough.

He's not been value for money to date, few players with long term injuries ever are, but that's not to say he's not a very good player and could yet do well for us and prove a valuable asset going forward.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Jack, Davis, Rossiter and Dorrans can all go as far as I'm concerned.

Leaving McCrorie, Kamara, Arfield and Docherty. Add a quality midfielder and we have enough in midfield.

That first midfield is stronger than your second one imo 😂