Jordan rossiter

CF2 WINNIE

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Jack, Davis, Rossiter and Dorrans can all go as far as I'm concerned.

Leaving McCrorie, Kamara, Arfield and Docherty. Add a quality midfielder and we have enough in midfield.

We almost always play with 2-3 central midfielders, in varying roles, and you are happy to go into a 50+game season with 4-5 players? Baring in mind that Arfield has been playing in a more advanced role and done really well?

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Jack, Davis, Rossiter and Dorrans can all go as far as I'm concerned.

Leaving McCrorie, Kamara, Arfield and Docherty. Add a quality midfielder and we have enough in midfield.

Don’t agree mate. Would only keep Arfield and Kamara. The rest can go. We need much better. Our standards have slipped. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

How many midfielders played a decent part this year?

First half of the season - McCrorie, Jack, Ejaria, Arfield and Coulibaly

Second half - McCrorie, Jack, Arfield, Kamara and Davis

So 5 midfielders have been what we have practically had all season. Halliday as an emergency.

The majority of players we have in midfield have played a decent part this season!

Arfield - 44 Appearances - 3,432 minutes

Jack - 43 Appearances - 3,488 minutes

Coulibaly - 30 Appearances - 1,972 minutes

Ejaria - 28 Appearances - 2,089 minutes

McRorie - 29 Appearances - 1,459 minutes

Davis - 16 Appearances - 836 minutes

Kamara - 13 Appearances - 1,053 minutes

In recent weeks we have seen Arfield playing in a more advanced role and not as one of the midfield 3, and Andy Halliday has only played there a couple of times this season (7 of his 34 games this season have been played in Midfield). 

Removing guys like Jack in the hope that Docherty can step up is daft, we need at least 5-6 capable players and for me that cant include Halliday or Arfield.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Jack isn’t going anywhere. Whether people rate him or not it’s clear that Gerrard does.

He's the oil in the machine we need, best midfielder we have at retaining possession and the coolest head under pressure.  Not done a % pass completion rate but guarantee he'll be our highest.  Leaves the flair stuff to players who can do it better than he can and consistently brings them into play.  And he scores the odd goal...

...aye, but he's no McCrorie :snapoutofit:

Thank fuck Gerrard knows a midfield player when he sees one.

25 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't rate Docherty much mate but would prefer him over the rest. We need more quality but cant see many changes in midfield, sadly. Which could cost us massively next year.

Ejaria and Coulibaly say hi...

Making out Jack as some Xavi like player ffs. He often loses possession, his forward passing is woeful.

You can say what you like about Jack and some of it may be fair but you can't say " he often loses possession" because that is so not true.

53 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I don't rate Docherty much mate but would prefer him over the rest. We need more quality but cant see many changes in midfield, sadly. Which could cost us massively next year.

Ejaria and Coulibaly say hi...

Making out Jack as some Xavi like player ffs. He often loses possession, his forward passing is woeful.

Ejaria and Coulibaly....whatever happened to them?

True, Jack has lost possession in every game he’s ever played.  So has Xavi. 😁

5 hours ago, Del said:

I dont understand why people are so quick to put down our players...

If we are talking purely about footballing ability, any time I have seen Rossiter play he has shown more than enough to suggest that he can play at our level!

The memories I have of him is that he is a box to box midfielder, who is good defensively but can also pick a pass ( I remember him playing 2-3 brilliant slide rule passes between FB and CB) and then going by the Hibs game, he can get into the box and finish well.

There is nothing to lose by giving him a pre-season, see how he goes and take it from there.

3 years isn't quick. 

3 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Ejaria and Coulibaly....whatever happened to them?

True, Jack has lost possession in every game he’s ever played.  So has Xavi. 😁

Coulibaly I reckon had a buy option when he hit a certain number of games because he ain't getting a sniff whatsoever now.

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's turning into some box to box player atm. 

My one criticism of him has always been that I don’t think he offers enough going forward but it’s clear he’s enjoying playing under Gerrard and McAlistair and he is taking what they are saying on board and learning because he’s improved in area as the season has gone on.

11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hes been unlucky with various injuries. He had been fit for months, he can't make Gerrard pick him. He knew he needed regular and consistent game time, so he's gone and done it and done well.  I've not seen him play poorly for us, I have seen him play well, just not enough.

He's not been value for money to date, few players with long term injuries ever are, but that's not to say he's not a very good player and could yet do well for us and prove a valuable asset going forward.

I tend to agree. I often wonder this: an injured player at a club gets fit, comes into the first team, plays a few games, gets injured, goes into Rehab, gets fit, back into the first team, gets injured, into Rehab, gets fit, goes on loan, plays for weeks and weeks in loads of games and seems fit and not injured for months and months. WTF? 😜 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

My one criticism of him has always been that I don’t think he offers enough going forward but it’s clear he’s enjoying playing under Gerrard and McAlistair and he is taking what they are saying on board and learning because he’s improved in area as the season has gone on.

He’s one of the players Gerrard trusts the most, almost like his guy on the pitch he can count on to play the way he wants more than most. Can see him being captain after Tav leaves tbh. 

6 hours ago, Lloyd said:

He’s one of the players Gerrard trusts the most, almost like his guy on the pitch he can count on to play the way he wants more than most. Can see him being captain after Tav leaves tbh. 

Has he played every game where’s he’s been available? There’s probably been one or two but I can’t remember a game where he was on the bench.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Has he played every game where’s he’s been available? There’s probably been one or two but I can’t remember a game where he was on the bench.

Think there was a spell in February where Mccrorie played instead can’t remember if jack had a knock or anything. 

On 01/05/2019 at 13:31, Rangers_no1 said:

Each to their own, I don't rate average Jack so I would state this.

McCrorie > Jack

Arfield > Davis

Kamara/Docherty offer more than two players who would be lucky to start 5 games between them over a season and drain us financially in wages.

McCrorie and Jack play different roles for us though, as do Afrield and Davis? Unless your suggesting we drop Arfield back to a deeper role?

Kamara and Docherty offer more than what two players?

As for your earlier comment and "Ejaria and Coulibaly say hello"...Ejaria got sent back as he couldnt hack it and Coulibaly was excellent when he first signed but Gerrard rightly replaced him with other players...I'm not sure how that can be used as examples of Gerrard seeing a good player?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

He signed them but lets ignore that. 😂

But he also signed Kamara and Arfield, guys you said you would play? 

Hes not the first manager and wont be the last, to sign players that havent worked out the way he/we hoped it would, but he had the fore site to drop them for more effective players.

I would say that shows he knows what we need and that he can spot a player.

For all of you who say he is made of glass.......... he took a sore one (bad tackle) last week and limped off in the 87th minute. He is starting today in his last game. This kid is tougher than he looks and maybe his injuries were just a case of bad luck. It will be an interesting summer to see what develops.