Real Kashmir FC

Virtuoso

• 8 months later...
On 02/03/2019 at 21:00, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Just watched it, well worth an hour of your time. Davie Robertson is nothing but determined to manage a club - a great player at his peak and shocked to find that he only had 3 Scotland caps.

Can’t remember off top of my head who was getting LB jersey for Scotland ,Tosh McKinley had it later in the 90s ,I know Tosh fuckin McKinley ,Robbo was easily the best LB but got fed up travelling to sit on the bench and as good as ended his international career when he said he wasn’t travelling to sit on the bench 

4 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Can’t remember off top of my head who was getting LB jersey for Scotland ,Tosh McKinley had it later in the 90s ,I know Tosh fuckin McKinley ,Robbo was easily the best LB but got fed up travelling to sit on the bench and as good as ended his international career when he said he wasn’t travelling to sit on the bench 

Think it was Malpas early doors then Tom Boyd iirc. Laughable looking back really 

2 hours ago, don logan said:

Best full back I've seen playing for us.

All about opinions and what you like in a player ,his drive and runs up that left were immense and he could defend ,

Hutton was very similar but didn’t do it for such a long period 

Numan was also class but his Dutch international status seemed to elevate him in people’s opinions 

Maybe it was Laudrup that made Robbo look better than he was coz he did the same on the right with a bang average Clelland 

8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

All about opinions and what you like in a player ,his drive and runs up that left were immense and he could defend ,

Hutton was very similar but didn’t do it for such a long period 

Numan was also class but his Dutch international status seemed to elevate him in people’s opinions 

Maybe it was Laudrup that made Robbo look better than he was coz he did the same on the right with a bang average Clelland 

Agree that Laudrup complemented him but also vice versa. He was consistently good for his time with us -  lots of that time he was very good.. He was rock solid and gave his all every game. Not surprised his knees went.  Gary Stevens was also a superb full back. Better than Numan.

Just watched it.....christ he is a determined character.....he has an estate in Aberdeen and could easily live off his pension but he decides to live in a war torn slum just for the love of the game....in a world where greed is more important than success to a large percentage who play the game, this is a very humbling documentary and speaks volumes of Robbos character 

Archived