UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

3 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Fuck knows , but it would pay itself back in no time at all.  If we get as sellout at even £20 a head considering senior citizens and kids that's £160k a game , Then an average of say £300 for a season ticket for same reasons above that's £2.4m per season..

It would take 4 or 5 years to pay for itself I would think but that's what Ibrox is needing, make both corners safe standing if the demand is there.   

So 10m roughly , is that just a figure picked out the sky or have you seen similar work done and that is the rough price ?

On 01/03/2019 at 14:31, 1690tamRFC said:

Do you know for a fact that he isn’t assisting in this issue ? 

No, but then I didn't make such a claim. I stated that he wasn't contributing to the issue HERE on this forum. As I said, I have no idea what the fuck he does. 

I do find it odd that he liaised with fellow supporters here, before he got paid by our club to liaise, and now he doesn't. Very odd. 

22 hours ago, cascadeshrimp said:

It doesn't matter if your running a bowling club,fishing club or football club. If you canot grow your youth membership/customer then the game is up.

The more members the UB get the better.This looks to me to be a GIRFUY from our board to the young supporters and also publicly slapping them down for the jakey Clark song.

No one can shoot their own foot off better than us. 

It doesn't look that way to me. Important renovation work needs to be done first. Maybe the UB could approach C1872 projects, to sort out a youth set up to raise the funds to do a safe standing area.  

12 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If only C1872 had a project fund for projects...

All amounts allocated to shares will be retained by Club 1872 Shares Community Interest Company and all amounts allocated to projects will be paid to Club 1872 Projects CIC.

http://club1872.co.uk/join-us/?orderby=date

or are you saying the projects fund is empty?

56 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

No, but then I didn't make such a claim. I stated that he wasn't contributing to the issue HERE on this forum. As I said, I have no idea what the fuck he does. 

I do find it odd that he liaised with fellow supporters here, before he got paid by our club to liaise, and now he doesn't. Very odd. 

It’s not really though is it? The guy gets slated to fuck on here it’s no wonder he chooses not to post. 

15 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

All amounts allocated to shares will be retained by Club 1872 Shares Community Interest Company and all amounts allocated to projects will be paid to Club 1872 Projects CIC.

http://club1872.co.uk/join-us/?orderby=date

or are you saying the projects fund is empty?

The project fund prior to the beginning of this season was used to supplement the share issue purchase. They polled members on this.

The projects fund will have continued to fill up since (I can't remember what the donation ratio is) but there's a question of opportunity cost here. Especially since C1872 teamed up with the UBs on the safe standing survey.

I find it interesting they are yet to comment on the situation.

18 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It’s not really though is it? The guy gets slated to fuck on here it’s no wonder he chooses not to post. 

He can't exactly be seen to be conversing with people who have paramilitary or orange usernames, display pictures, or conversation threads that use what could be deemed as sectarian language. It is too much of a minefield for him and the club.

I know he occasionally still posts on FF but its a lot more moderated than on here.

11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The project fund prior to the beginning of this season was used to supplement the share issue purchase. They polled members on this.

The projects fund will have continued to fill up since (I can't remember what the donation ratio is) but there's a question of opportunity cost here. Especially since C1872 teamed up with the UBs on the safe standing survey.

I find it interesting they are yet to comment on the situation.

I didn't realise they had drained the projects fund to buy shares. If they teamed up with UB to  do the survey on safe standing, then I can't see it being a problem for them to create a sub projects fund for the UB  to raise the money to develop this for the youth. All they need from the club is a yes, if they can raise the funds. 

7 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I didn't realise they had drained the projects fund to buy shares. If they teamed up with UB to  do the survey on safe standing, then I can't see it being a problem for them to create a sub projects fund for the UB  to raise the money to develop this for the youth. All they need from the club is a yes, if they can raise the funds. 

In my view C1872 should be working with Rangers and the wider support to complete a pipeline of projects that can be funded. It would help secure other funding, such as from supporters clubs or individuals and actually encourage people to give money to C1872 for projects.

At the moment there is a lack of information on what the fund has accomplished or what it intends to accomplish in the future: http://club1872.co.uk/projects/

There's no way i'd be putting my money into that without seeing some kind of end goal.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In my view C1872 should be working with Rangers and the wider support to complete a pipeline of projects that can be funded. It would help secure other funding, such as from supporters clubs or individuals and actually encourage people to give money to C1872 for projects.

At the moment there is a lack of information on what the fund has accomplished or what it intends to accomplish in the future: http://club1872.co.uk/projects/

There's no way i'd be putting my money into that without seeing some kind of end goal.

Agreed. I think the board need to think ahead and encourage the youth to the games. Society puts youth on a backseat in general. I'd love to see them have their safe standing but I think they should have some sort of youth council platform via C1872. and a youth centre that does grass roots football.

I understand that the club needs to payout for important renovation work but they could have said Yes, if they can raise the funds for safe standing. With a bit of communication the UB could bring some very positive PR for the club through their singing.  

Just now, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. I think the board need to think ahead and encourage the youth to the games. Society puts youth on a backseat in general. I'd love to see them have their safe standing but I think they should have some sort of youth council platform via C1872. and a youth centre that does grass roots football.

I understand that the club needs to payout for important renovation work but they could have said Yes, if they can raise the funds for safe standing. With a bit of communication the UB could bring some very positive PR for the club through their singing.  

We don't have a problem encouraging youth to go to games. 

Do you go to away games? It's a bit harder to see at Ibrox because of the vast amount of numbers but at away games i'd say at least half the support is under 25. I'd say about half that would be under 20. The away crowd is demonstrably much younger since my first away game 12 years ago.

33 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Rangers Supporters Liaison Officer should liaise here, no matter how uncomfortable.

Given the guy's background I doubt whether some online abuse will phase him much, I suspect its coming from the club itself. 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

We don't have a problem encouraging youth to go to games. 

Do you go to away games? It's a bit harder to see at Ibrox because of the vast amount of numbers but at away games i'd say at least half the support is under 25. I'd say about half that would be under 20. The away crowd is demonstrably much younger since my first away game 12 years ago.

The club have the youth now but if they don't start to recognise them, then numbers will decline. I don't go to away games but I understand the commitment the youth undertake to attend these games to cheer the team on  

I just think the club are missing out on a vital asset if they don't start to communicate with the youth, this is why I suggested some sort of youth council via C1872.

6 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Rangers Supporters Liaison Officer should liaise here, no matter how uncomfortable.

Given the guy's background I doubt whether some online abuse will phase him much, I suspect its coming from the club itself. 

He has is own official platform for communication. It would be impossible for him to liaise with every Rangers fans forum on the internet.

https://twitter.com/rangersfcslo?lang=en

25 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The club have the youth now but if they don't start to recognise them, then numbers will decline. I don't go to away games but I understand the commitment the youth undertake to attend these games to cheer the team on  

I just think the club are missing out on a vital asset if they don't start to communicate with the youth, this is why I suggested some sort of youth council via C1872.

They have been communicating tho, the UBs have said theyve been in talks with the Club, this isn't about lack of communication its about the UBs taking the huff at not getting what they want. 

I hope they get their move in the end but protesting against the Club at this time will turn many fans against them. The UBs dont represent all of the youth supporters either, there's plenty of young bears who attend every week who have nothing to do with the UBs

7 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

They have been communicating tho, the UBs have said theyve been in talks with the Club, this isn't about lack of communication its about the UBs taking the huff at not getting what they want. 

I hope they get their move in the end but protesting against the Club at this time will turn many fans against them. The UBs dont represent all of the youth supporters either, there's plenty of young bears who attend every week who have nothing to do with the UBs

It’s not, not getting what they want though. It’s being told that the club are looking in to it all the time despite obviously not giving a fuck

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s not, not getting what they want though. It’s being told that the club are looking in to it all the time despite obviously not giving a fuck

they're not just saying they'll look into it tho, the UBs own statement says the Club did look into it and rejected their proposal to move for the upcoming season they haven't just told them to fuck off. It reads to me that the Club has better things to deal with at the moment.

Maybe the Club doesn't give a fuck, maybe they do, I don't know and neither does anyone else. I reckon they will get their move eventually but it seems like they've asked to be moved by next season which is something the Club either can't or won't accommodate, the UBs should continue their efforts and asks fans to write to the Club and SLO instead of protesting and releasing silly statements 

13 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

they're not just saying they'll look into it tho, the UBs own statement says the Club did look into it and rejected their proposal to move for the upcoming season they haven't just told them to fuck off. It reads to me that the Club has better things to deal with at the moment.

Maybe the Club doesn't give a fuck, maybe they do, I don't know and neither does anyone else. I reckon they will get their move eventually but it seems like they've asked to be moved by next season which is something the Club either can't or won't accommodate, the UBs should continue their efforts and asks fans to write to the Club and SLO instead of protesting and releasing silly statements 

The move and safe standing are both different.

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

I understand your point but the youth i'm referring to are the ones in this debate (UB).  It seems to me C1872 have been doing most of the communication via their involvement of doing the safe standing survey. They need a platform for communicating with the club and this could be achieved by setting up a youth council via C1872. I do believe the club have more important renovations to do, but they could have said "yes, if they could raised the funds via a c1872 sub fund".

I don't think they have taken the huff and can understand why they feel disgruntled. They protested to get this board in, so protesting to get the changes they want doesn't surprise me as this is how change was achieved when King wanted it. 

23 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

How do you go about applying to the youth council

I'm saying the club should set up a youth council  via c1872, so that the UB has a platform to air it's views. The board should read this article that was published in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/youth-creativity-business-decision-coop-roundhouse

8 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm saying the club should set up a youth council  via c1872, so that the UB has a platform to air it's views. The board should read this article that was published in The Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/sustainable-business/youth-creativity-business-decision-coop-roundhouse

Could you contact Gerrard and tell him I want to be part of it? 

3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

He has is own official platform for communication. It would be impossible for him to liaise with every Rangers fans forum on the internet.

https://twitter.com/rangersfcslo?lang=en

Not really given there’s only really 2 prominent ones, and a handful of barely used.