UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

5 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

It’s not really though is it? The guy gets slated to fuck on here it’s no wonder he chooses not to post. 

When not a single person can tell you what he does (other than visibly swan about home, away or abroad doing hee-haw), or how he justifies a full working week and a decent salary, then I'd say it was time for either he or the club to perhaps let us know?

He's off to the other side for the world for conventions and freebies, yet does shag all for the fans that attend Ibrox.

Earlier this season the club done a supporters survey and safe standing was an aspect within that. 

From that survey the response was positive and identified the Broomloan as the area that most fans thought should be used for any future safe standing area. No one has been canvassed recently in regard to moving location for safe standing or for the union bears. The last proposal was about 4 years ago for the Copland which was unsuccessful. 

The club has continued to progress on the concept of safe standing and it something that I hope we will be able to get over the line but unfortunately it will not be this season - we have a packed summer in regards to stadium works which has been a factor and there are still a few open issues/concerns amongst some regarding safe standing but I believe these aren’t ‘deal breakers’. 

Unfortunately the timing of this debate over the past week hasn’t been great for myself as I’m half way around the world but I’m keen to meet with the Union Bears when I’m back and hopefully help them in regards to their next steps - they have no obligation to listen right enough!

All Rangers fans are on the same side and if we can get the level of discord to be respectful and understanding of other supporters positions it will (imo) drastically improve the value of the discussions on forums and online. The goal is to help make Rangers the best we can be - we can all agree on that!

SLO

On 01/03/2019 at 16:34, Jeffrey said:

We're not in a position to do something like that and wait for 5 years til it pays itself off

That's the catch 22 problem , we need a bigger ground to raise funds but don't have the funds to do it  

The blue bells are blue video (6 in a row) Murray shows you the corners filled in front and rear and Ibrox holding 60,000 so there's are plans somewhere regarding the corners be filled in with no screens as they changed their minds and whacked 2 screens in at the last minute as they thought that beaming game back to Ibrox was the future.

We could even ask 5000 season ticket holders to pay 5 years up front as I would do it no problem and pay say  £2k for  5 years season ticket renewal if I knew every penny was going to the corners and safe standing.  It's win win we getting a bigger attendance, give the guys who want a standing section which needs to be the right place in the ground, but unlike the mhanky mob make it front and rear standing corner between Copland and Govan stand and if they want the same up the other end then do it if the demand is there.

Now I know not all fans can afford this but as I say only 5000 fans would only  need to pay this not all, , we could ask for 5,000 shareholders like myself who have season books to do this then if not enough sign up then put it out to all season ticket holders,  I think you might  suprised how many fans would dig deep if they knew the attendance was say going up to at least 57,000 and at most 60,000

Could you imagine safe standing in the front and rear joining the Copland and Govan stands against the mhanky mob :UK:

On 01/03/2019 at 19:33, ger4life_1872 said:

So 10m roughly , is that just a figure picked out the sky or have you seen similar work done and that is the rough price ?if we can only do between the Copland and Govan first then do that as it would generate the funds in no time to pay for the other end 

And how do we pay for it?  See above and don't shoot me down in flames as it only a suggestion.   And to how much it will cost ?  Only one way to find out and that's the club seriously think about it as the plans are somewhere.

It could also deal with the safe standing issue and keep fans groups happy that want the standing section. 

On 02/03/2019 at 19:28, ForeverAndEver said:

Earlier this season the club done a supporters survey and safe standing was an aspect within that. 

From that survey the response was positive and identified the Broomloan as the area that most fans thought should be used for any future safe standing area. No one has been canvassed recently in regard to moving location for safe standing or for the union bears. The last proposal was about 4 years ago for the Copland which was unsuccessful. 

The club has continued to progress on the concept of safe standing and it something that I hope we will be able to get over the line but unfortunately it will not be this season - we have a packed summer in regards to stadium works which has been a factor and there are still a few open issues/concerns amongst some regarding safe standing but I believe these aren’t ‘deal breakers’. 

Unfortunately the timing of this debate over the past week hasn’t been great for myself as I’m half way around the world but I’m keen to meet with the Union Bears when I’m back and hopefully help them in regards to their next steps - they have no obligation to listen right enough!

All Rangers fans are on the same side and if we can get the level of discord to be respectful and understanding of other supporters positions it will (imo) drastically improve the value of the discussions on forums and online. The goal is to help make Rangers the best we can be - we can all agree on that!

SLO

He is an absolute cunt 

We’ve got the government, the media, rival clubs, UEFA and now our own club all dictating what is and isn’t acceptable yet...

Anything we don’t like we have to lump!!

Totally support the UBs and shame on any Bear who accepts the shite that gets launched at us by these bastards...

We Are Rangers 

A few posters earlier said how the UB “put themselves before the club”....

Do you have any idea how much time, effort and money these lads and lassies put into making our home a more atmospheric and enjoyable place to help our yes our team succeed?

Our support used to be one of the most unified on the planet. Because we had more than a club in common.

Now!

Too many middle class idiots who crumble when challenged.

”Put themselves before the club”!!!

Clueless

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I did. Poor stuff. In a game as important as that... get your priorities right.

As far as I’m concerned when the lad came on this thread who used to be on some sort of committee and explained they’re in BF1 because it’s the only section of the ground they won’t obstruct bears view that can’t stand all game  , it was case closed . 

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I did. Poor stuff. In a game as important as that... get your priorities right.

Usually see eye to eye with you on most things.

But I don't believe that they have their priorities wrong. In the long run the growth of the group, and in turn support for the team, will only grow if Safe Standing is introduced. The picture is far bigger than just last night. Not to mention it absolutely is not their prerogative to dictate the atmosphere at Ibrox. 

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

Usually see eye to eye with you on most things.

But I don't believe that they have their priorities wrong. In the long run the growth of the group, and in turn support for the team, will only grow if Safe Standing is introduced. The picture is far bigger than just last night. Not to mention it absolutely is not their prerogative to dictate the atmosphere at Ibrox. 

I disagree. Safe standing would be nice, but us beating Aberdeen was imperative.

Besides, it's important, but there's also (from what I hear) very valid reasons why it can't happen immediately. If that's the case, then they just come across as spoiled children that aren't getting their way.

If the board came out and said we’ll be cutting Gerrards budget in the summer and the desperately required number 10 will be put on hold as we’re spending the money on a safe standing area what would the reaction be ?? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I disagree. Safe standing would be nice, but us beating Aberdeen was imperative.

Besides, it's important, but there's also (from what I hear) very valid reasons why it can't happen immediately. If that's the case, then they just comes across as spoiled children that aren't getting their way.

Agree to disagree.

But they've been there and supported the team more than any of us for the last few years. They only want to do that on a bigger scale.

The fact is the onus is not on them to generate an atmosphere. 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

If the board came out and said we’ll be cutting Gerrards budget in the summer and the desperately required number 10 will be put on hold as we’re spending the money on a safe standing area what would the reaction be ?? 🤔

It would be mental considering they have been told that the UB would be happy to subside the cost of Safe Standing by a hike in their STs. 

The Union Bears can get to fuck. If their backing is so important to the team then why choose to have a silent protest in one of our biggest games of the season. The Union Bears care more about the Union Bears than they do about our team and club.

Tbf the unbridled fury towards the ref covered up the lack of atmosphere. 

They are clowns though. 4 of our players having to help stewards get fucking tifo off the park when we need a fast start to the second half to have any chance in a huge cup tie. Class. Fucking mongos. 

21 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

The Union Bears can get to fuck. If their backing is so important to the team then why choose to have a silent protest in one of our biggest games of the season. The Union Bears care more about the Union Bears than they do about our team and club.

14 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Tbf the unbridled fury towards the ref covered up the lack of atmosphere. 

They are clowns though. 4 of our players having to help stewards get fucking tifo off the park when we need a fast start to the second half to have any chance in a huge cup tie. Class. Fucking mongos. 

Lol

35 minutes ago, westenclosure2008 said:

The spoiled wee fucking brats can just fuck off as far as I and many others who sit around me are concerned. Just fuck off and don't come back. If you don't like it and think you are better than any other bear who has been going to Ibrox since before you were born.....

Just

fuck

off.