UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

6 hours ago, Cedrick said:

If the board came out and said we’ll be cutting Gerrards budget in the summer and the desperately required number 10 will be put on hold as we’re spending the money on a safe standing area what would the reaction be ?? 🤔

If we had to put on hold signing a player because of a cost of about £150k I'd imagine there'd be uproar. Aimed at the board rather than a small fans group.

7 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

The spoiled wee fucking brats can just fuck off as far as I and many others who sit around me are concerned. Just fuck off and don't come back. If you don't like it and think you are better than any other bear who has been going to Ibrox since before you were born.....

Just

fuck

off.

No bear is better than anyone mate. Just because you’ve been going to Ibrox longer doesn’t make you better than anyone else as you point out... it’s no a competition mate. 

8 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

The spoiled wee fucking brats can just fuck off as far as I and many others who sit around me are concerned. Just fuck off and don't come back. If you don't like it and think you are better than any other bear who has been going to Ibrox since before you were born.....

Just

fuck

off.

Are u a bigger fan because you were born first 

7 hours ago, MasterD said:

If we had to put on hold signing a player because of a cost of about £150k I'd imagine there'd be uproar. Aimed at the board rather than a small fans group.

Is that all the cost of changing to safe standing is mate ? I thought be millions like everything else in the world these days 😡😩

12 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Just

fuck

off.

Quite the conclusion you have jumped to based on them sitting in silence the same as everyone else.

I would / do back them on their campaign to have 'safe standing' installed in the stadium.  I didn't realise it would only cost £150k if that is a correct figure.  If it is the money that is an issue then I think they should lead a fund raising campaign to get the money to install it - I don't think it would take that long to raise.

I don't back them on their campaign to sit where they want though.  It would mean moving other ST holders, some of whom have been there a very long time.  I seen something about this on FB recently and their supporters were slamming the ST holders who piped up, and the general consensus was that the seats are effectively 'rented' from the club so you have no entitlement to demand to keep your seat.  That works both ways for me, it is of course correct, however it also means the UBs have no right to demand where they sit either.

What I think they do totally wrong - almost every time they do protest (which is getting more often) is pick their times to do it.  The other night is a good example and arguably (armed with hindsight) was our most important game of the season.  Why do it during that?  They claim (quite rightly) to be the group that is bringing an atmosphere back to Ibrox, and I applaud that, but do it away from the games, or before a game, or after a game, not during it.  The way they are going about their protests is fucking people off and losing them support, but I'm certain if they boxed clever they would gain support, funds and momentum in their spat with the club.  Unfortunately they do come across as huffy and childish at times.

Just saying !!!!!

45 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

I would / do back them on their campaign to have 'safe standing' installed in the stadium.  I didn't realise it would only cost £150k if that is a correct figure.  If it is the money that is an issue then I think they should lead a fund raising campaign to get the money to install it - I don't think it would take that long to raise.

I don't back them on their campaign to sit where they want though.  It would mean moving other ST holders, some of whom have been there a very long time.  I seen something about this on FB recently and their supporters were slamming the ST holders who piped up, and the general consensus was that the seats are effectively 'rented' from the club so you have no entitlement to demand to keep your seat.  That works both ways for me, it is of course correct, however it also means the UBs have no right to demand where they sit either.

What I think they do totally wrong - almost every time they do protest (which is getting more often) is pick their times to do it.  The other night is a good example and arguably (armed with hindsight) was our most important game of the season.  Why do it during that?  They claim (quite rightly) to be the group that is bringing an atmosphere back to Ibrox, and I applaud that, but do it away from the games, or before a game, or after a game, not during it.  The way they are going about their protests is fucking people off and losing them support, but I'm certain if they boxed clever they would gain support, funds and momentum in their spat with the club.  Unfortunately they do come across as huffy and childish at times.

Just saying !!!!!

I don’t think it’s the cost that’s the issue mate. Yet again, it’s the club not giving a fuck about the fans.

I think the timing is wrong. And there are other ways to go about it. Don’t get me wrong. I like the UB for what they are trying to do making the atmosphere better, but demanding the club give them seats where other bears have sat for a very very long time is not fair at all, my opinion and not everyone will agree obviously but quite clearly that would not be fair on them. 

Regarding safe standing, it’s another thing I am for, If costs is a reason and the club don’t want to spend on it, I reckon if the UB did a fundraiser all next season, they could maybe hit that target off 150k. 

I do think the UB should be a bit more careful. Just anecdotally, they're increasingly pissing off alot of the other support going from the comments I hear around where I sit and amongst folk I know.

They were getting absolutely slaughtered around me for the bog rolls the other night. I think the reaction I was hearing to something that shouldn't be that big a deal is maybe suggesting folk are losing patience a tad.

8 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

I think the timing is wrong. And there are other ways to go about it. Don’t get me wrong. I like the UB for what they are trying to do making the atmosphere better, but demanding the club give them seats where other bears have sat for a very very long time is not fair at all, my opinion and not everyone will agree obviously but quite clearly that would not be fair on them. 

Regarding safe standing, it’s another thing I am for, If costs is a reason and the club don’t want to spend on it, I reckon if the UB did a fundraiser all next season, they could maybe hit that target off 150k. 

BF3 was never full of ST holders until recently, aye there will be a few long term ST holders sitting there but the majority will only have been bought in the last few years. Nobody is being forced to move except maybe the first few rows behind the net. 

Also it was the club who suggested BF3 before back tracking. 

1 hour ago, Gazza2258 said:

Just saying !!!!!

The point of their protest will be to show how shite Ibrox actually is, and they’ve done that. 

18 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Are they even asking for safe standing atm?

I was under the impression they just wanted moved to BF3 because it was more central in the stand 

A lad on here told us the reason that’s a no go mate , bears either side that can’t stand all game wouldn’t see the opposite side of the pitch , BF1 is the only area this isn’t the case 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The point of their protest will be to show how shite Ibrox actually is, and they’ve done that. 

I doubt that, or they will be as well chucking it.  You can't just down tools at the first hurdle FFS.  I think it is because they are not getting what they want, at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

So not up singing and vocally backing the team? 

Putting yourself before the club because you couldn’t be bothered 

Aye, very good.

So the point of the UB's protest was to prove how bad the atmosphere is without them, therefore having a negative effect on the team's performance, right?  With this in mind, why did they choose the most important game of the season to make their point?

I'm not saying it's their fault we lost or that there's no difference in atmosphere without them.  In fact, I agree with the points they're making.  But winning that game on Tuesday was more important than the future of their group.

Kinda changed my mind about this a bit. Not really having a go at them and I agree 100% with them wanting safe standing and I agree there should be protests if that's what's required but this wasn't the night

Seems to have backfired as haven't seen many people supporting what they did

Should have sung for 90 minutes but still done the throwing onto the park imo