UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

2 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

I doubt that, or they will be as well chucking it.  You can't just down tools at the first hurdle FFS.  I think it is because they are not getting what they want, at the moment.

I’ve worded it wrongly I think.

Obviously not getting safe standing and being told they’re getting BF3 but not getting it is, the silent protests will be to show how shite Ibrox is, and they’re aren’t wrong.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Kinda changed my mind about this a bit. Not really having a go at them and I agree 100% with them wanting safe standing and I agree there should be protests if that's what's required but this wasn't the night

Seems to have backfired as haven't seen many people supporting what they did

Should have sung for 90 minutes but still done the throwing onto the park imo

I agree.  I said before that I think most would back them as their current goals are for the benefit of absolutely everyone that attends games, and the team on the pitch.  That can't be denied. 

They just need to be more mature about it and pick their moments better - support will be there if they do.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Aye, very good.

So the point of the UB's protest was to prove how bad the atmosphere is without them, therefore having a negative effect on the team's performance, right?  With this in mind, why did they choose the most important game of the season to make their point?

I'm not saying it's their fault we lost or that there's no difference in atmosphere without them.  In fact, I agree with the points they're making.  But winning that game on Tuesday was more important than the future of their group.

Them singing themselves for 90 minutes would not have made one bit of difference

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’ve worded it wrongly I think.

Obviously not getting safe standing and being told they’re getting BF3 but not getting it is, the silent protests will be to show how shite Ibrox is, and they’re aren’t wrong.

I get that - I just think that even though those two main issues are important, in regards to Rangers doing well in each and every game we play, ie the big scheme of things, they really aren't that important.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Them singing themselves for 90 minutes would not have made one bit of difference

Agreed but that goes against the point they're trying to make.  They clearly believe the atmosphere in Ibrox spurs on the team.  

2 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

Aye, very good.

So the point of the UB's protest was to prove how bad the atmosphere is without them, therefore having a negative effect on the team's performance, right?  With this in mind, why did they choose the most important game of the season to make their point?

I'm not saying it's their fault we lost or that there's no difference in atmosphere without them.  In fact, I agree with the points they're making.  But winning that game on Tuesday was more important than the future of their group.

They have chosen both home games to protest since being informed of the decision by the club. The protest ended at half time and made no difference to the teams performance second half and the atmosphere in the other three stands was still shite.

The point I’m making is that the people slating the UB for their silent protest are the actual reason we need a singing section in the first place because they can’t be arsed to get up and vocally back the team. It’s a wee bit hypocritical mate. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They have chosen both home games to protest since being informed of the decision by the club. The protest ended at half time and made no difference to the teams performance second half and the atmosphere in the other three stands was still shite.

The point I’m making is that the people slating the UB for their silent protest are the actual reason we need a singing section in the first place because they can’t be arsed to get up and vocally back the team. It’s a wee bit hypocritical mate. 

I'm not disagreeing with you that by and large the UB's are the only ones who try and create an atmosphere at Ibrox.  My point is though is that if they do believe that a great atmosphere spurs the players on, and no atmosphere would have the opposite effect, why did they choose such a big game to make this point?  Is that not them admitting that they wanted the game to be shite?

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

This is not the case.  Yes, the atmosphere is generally shite, but they aren't the only ones that sing, thats a fallacy.  The first game they protested, I never even realised they were until near the end of the game because the Blue Order started most of the songs that game.  The atmosphere was the same from where i sit.

I understand the reasons for the protest. Just really wish it hadn't been Tuesday night. It saddened me deeply not hearing them till the second half. Some say they're sick of hearing the same songs etc...buy they do make the atmosphere better when they're in full flow. 

Question also....what happened to doing "The Bouncy"? 

Anyway, other fans should make up for the lack of atmosphere also. When the scaberdeen fans were singing their bile, that was time for all fans across the stadium to drown them out with our own noise. I barely heard anyone in Club Deck although some did try.  

"We Love to hear the boys all Roar" what has happened to this? Are we all so deflated that we can't be bothered anymore? 

11 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I understand the reasons for the protest. Just really wish it hadn't been Tuesday night. It saddened me deeply not hearing them till the second half. Some say they're sick of hearing the same songs etc...buy they do make the atmosphere better when they're in full flow. 

Question also....what happened to doing "The Bouncy"? 

Anyway, other fans should make up for the lack of atmosphere also. When the scaberdeen fans were singing their bile, that was time for all fans across the stadium to drown them out with our own noise. I barely heard anyone in Club Deck although some did try.  

"We Love to hear the boys all Roar" what has happened to this? Are we all so deflated that we can't be bothered anymore? 

We were winning league titles and the atmosphere at a lot of games was still the same

Every club in the UK has a shite home atmosphere

15 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

This is not the case.  Yes, the atmosphere is generally shite, but they aren't the only ones that sing, thats a fallacy.  The first game they protested, I never even realised they were until near the end of the game because the Blue Order started most of the songs that game.  The atmosphere was the same from where i sit.

Lot of shite that mate.

Kilmarnock was dreadful, and for the most part they are the only ones that sing.

11 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I'm not disagreeing with you that by and large the UB's are the only ones who try and create an atmosphere at Ibrox.  My point is though is that if they do believe that a great atmosphere spurs the players on, and no atmosphere would have the opposite effect, why did they choose such a big game to make this point?  Is that not them admitting that they wanted the game to be shite?

Don’t think they intentionally chose that game, they have protested both home games since the decision by the club.

No it’s not them admitting they wanted the game to be shite. They actually put a big effort into the second half to try and drive the team on. 

To me with these protests they are coming across as spoilt brats whodo not really have much interest in the team and think they should have special treatment over the other 48000 regular fans and season ticket holders. I have read here that they wanted season ticket holders to move from their long held seats in Copland  so they could move there, now BF3. Why do they want to move from where they are, is it just to be seen more on tv?

2 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

To me with these protests they are coming across as spoilt brats whodo not really have much interest in the team and think they should have special treatment over the other 48000 regular fans and season ticket holders. I have read here that they wanted season ticket holders to move from their long held seats in Copland  so they could move there, now BF3. Why do they want to move from where they are, is it just to be seen more on tv?

Being centralised in a stand makes it more likely that the entirety of the stand will feel comfortable to join in more regularly with songs

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Don’t think they intentionally chose that game, they have protested both home games since the decision by the club.

No it’s not them admitting they wanted the game to be shite. They actually put a big effort into the second half to try and drive the team on. 

But they didn't feel the need to do so in the first half.  Ok then.

3 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Not much interest in the team 🤣

Mate these lads follow home, away and abroad and are genuine passionate Rangers supporters.  

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

But they didn't feel the need to do so in the first half.  Ok then.

Aye during a first half that you also sat on yer arse angry doing fuck all to back the team, in fact you done fuck all for 90 minutes. 

You’re being a hypocrite mate. 

7 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye during a first half that you also sat on yer arse angry doing fuck all to back the team, in fact you done fuck all for 90 minutes. 

You’re being a hypocrite mate. 

No I'm not.  I've already said that I agree that the UB's are really the only ones who make an effort to create an atmosphere, which you are conveniently ignoring to suit your tantrum.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I'm assuming you were bouncing about and singing for the 90 minutes on Tuesdsay aye?

Nope but I’m not having a go at the UB for doing exaclty what I was doing.

Come on tae fuck mate, you’re just being silly now. 

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We were winning league titles and the atmosphere at a lot of games was still the same

Every club in the UK has a shite home atmosphere

I remember it differently.  I was sat in BF2 for years and it was always quite atmospheric in BF section until I changed to Club Deck(massive regret now) apart from Tuesday night there, ha:) 

But sure, I agree the away games are far better. 

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Nope but I’m not having a go at the UB for doing exaclty what I was doing.

Come on tae fuck mate, you’re just being silly now. 

I'm not.  You're just failing to understand the point I'm trying to make about the timing of their protest.

23 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Pish mate. How can you not intentionally choose a specific game unless you turn up not knowing who the fuck you are playing against?

Think first and type afterwards.

They started the protests the first home game after the decision by the club to back track and carried that on, who we were playing was irrelevant.

I know you’ll struggle with understanding that though 🤣