UB Protest Tonight

scottyc06

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

They started the protests the first home game after the decision by the club to back track and carried that on, who we were playing was irrelevant.

I know you struggle with understanding that though 🤣

How have the club back tracked?

35 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Lot of shite that mate.

Kilmarnock was dreadful, and for the most part they are the only ones that sing.

So how comes I genuinely didn't notice that they were protesting the first night the toys went oot the pram?  Until the boy behind me mentioned it towards the end of the game?  I'm only in GF1, no that far away.  There was the same amount of singing that night as there normally is, albeit not enough.

1 minute ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Read the Union Bears statement 

I have.

The club are fobbing them off maybe.  They haven't back tracked on anything.

In fact the boy who shouts through the megaphone said on the Heart and Hand podcast last week that the club are in dialogue with two companies who install safe standing facilites.

4 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What where you doing during the match? 

Supporting my team vocally , 

Not behaving like spoiled brats that don’t get their own way. 

It’s all about Rangers , not about one group of supporters that really rate their importance a lot higher that it is. 

25 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

So how comes I genuinely didn't notice that they were protesting the first night the toys went oot the pram?  Until the boy behind me mentioned it towards the end of the game?  I'm only in GF1, no that far away.  There was the same amount of singing that night as there normally is, albeit not enough.

No there wasn’t. That’s a lie, it was silent as fuck, and I sit in BF

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No there wasn’t. That’s a lie, it was silent as fuck, and I sit in BF

It wasn't silent as fuck, that is def a lie, there was def singing. Lets agree to disagree and move on to something that is important, like the football team.

On 02/03/2019 at 10:21, McEwan's Lager said:

He can't exactly be seen to be conversing with people who have orange usernames,

Paramilitaries fair enough but why can't he be seen to be conversing with someone for having an orange username?  

47 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I have.

The club are fobbing them off maybe.  They haven't back tracked on anything.

In fact the boy who shouts through the megaphone said on the Heart and Hand podcast last week that the club are in dialogue with two companies who install safe standing facilites.

UB accepted that safe standing wouldn’t be installed for next season but asked if they could be moved to a different section for the start of the season, the club initially said that BF3 would be most suitable before going back on it and saying they wouldn’t get a move. So aye a bit of both back tracking and fobbing them off about safe standing.

The UB are acting like Billy big baws when in fact their a very small part of the crowd on match days. How many members do they have ? Their performance on Tuesday night was pathetic, asking other fans not to sing was ridiculous. An “Ultra” group that left before the final whistle on Tuesday. They have totally misread the situation, lots of fans are getting pissed off with them and see them as just a bunch of weans. They may have signed their own death warrant, the club have no reason to open further dialogue with them and Imdont think they will. 

2 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Paramilitaries fair enough but why can't he be seen to be conversing with someone for having an orange username?  

We lost that debate when David Murray stopped one of the foremost Scottish institutions with considerable weight in the nation’s discourse from allowing the Institution to use its facilities.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We lost that debate when David Murray stopped one of the foremost Scottish institutions with considerable weight in the nation’s discourse from allowing the Institution to use its facilities.

It's very bigoted of the club to alienate a sizeable section of it's support though, we can be seen to be doing the right thing when it comes to other groups in society so it's a bit of a nonsense that they feel the need to do this because pressure from out with the club.

• 3 weeks later...