Club Statement

OceanRain

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Maybe when they grow a set and tackle the demonisation of our club and it's support with our haters head on, then we mght listen.

Songs are a total deflection from what the real issue is.

Our board are spineless and if they keep this shite up, I will have to be going after Mr King (Dave to me) again!

:mutley:

Does your pal (Dave to you)  know in full detail how the club is being demonised?  What does he plan to do about it?

8 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Bowing to pressure from the media and the rest of Scottish football by demonising our own fans while saying and doing nothing about the corrupt refereeing, bias media and the sectarianism directed towards our own. With friends like this board who needs enemies...

We have a Manager (albeit needs some time), a support that will walk through walls, a team that is starting to form and a board that is as damp as a wet cloth.

What could go wrong?

44 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Aye well said Rangers FC, quick enough to have a go at your own supporters who have basically stuck by this club through all the shite. Still waiting on your numerous official statements having a pop at the real enemies out their across Scotland - fucking disgraceful behaviour you shower of weak, ungrateful , out of touch, greedy bastards. WATP - fucking remember that!!! 

Spot on , gutless bastards never open their mouths when we get shit from every direction but have no problem sticking it to their own fans , fuck the lot of them......

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

Fuck the club, I want to sing a song (!!)

That's how it works & I get to be uber staunch ... right (??)

'Fuck the club'

Aye mate that's exactly the attitude of the people who are going tomorrow, those travelling up to Aberdeen and likely follow this club everywhere

Time to change once and for all. I don’t know what else the club is expected to say?!  We can go on the attack if they keep up their iraoke, but only once we as a support move on. Like it or not, society does not accept this anymore and we are only dragging the club’ image down by refusing to change a few songs. We are not alone, but that doesn’t mean it’s right.  

Are there folk within our fan base that would rather not support us unless it’s on their terms and be able to sing songs that some find religiously charged?  That’s the big question for me. 

If not, let’s take the higher ground and get on with it. 

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

'Fuck the club'

Aye mate that's exactly the attitude of the people who are going tomorrow, those travelling up to Aberdeen and likely follow this club everywhere

The club has asked you to stop singing it, you know the reaction (fair or not) that certain songs or words will bring & the perception that those outside of Scotland have when it happens however .. you still sing it anyway.

You tell me then ... are you helping or hurting the club, are you telling it you don't give a fuck & you'll sing what you want?

Just now, Ace said:

The club has asked you to stop singing it, you know the reaction (fair or not) that certain songs or words will bring & the perception that those outside of Scotland have when it happens however .. you still sing it anyway.

You tell me then ... are you helping or hurting the club, are you telling it you don't give a fuck & you'll sing what you want?

I don't think songs hurt the club and until we start getting punished I won't change my mind on that

4 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Time to change once and for all. I don’t know what else the club is expected to say?!  We can go on the attack if they keep up their iraoke, but only once we as a support move on. Like it or not, society does not accept this anymore and we are only dragging the club’ image down by refusing to change a few songs. We are not alone, but that doesn’t mean it’s right.  

Are there folk within our fan base that would rather not support us unless it’s on their terms and be able to sing songs that some find religiously charged?  That’s the big question for me. 

If not, let’s take the higher ground and get on with it. 

Nah, would rather not be bullied by the filth that are becoming more prominent in this country

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

I don't think songs hurt the club and until we start getting punished I won't change my mind on that

You don't think being labelled a sectarian club (incorrectly but perception is often reality) hurts our club.

Why would companies want to be linked with a club with that perception for sponsorship?

Why would players want to come to a club with that perception?

Why would new managers wabt to come to a club with that perception?

But aye, it doesn't hurt us 👍

1 minute ago, Ace said:

You don't think being labelled a sectarian club (incorrectly but perception is often reality) hurts our club.

Why would companies want to be linked with a club with that perception for sponsorship?

Success brings all that, its got fuck all to do with sectarian shite , we are still the club we always have been ...........

Just now, Ace said:

The club has had that perception for years and has never struggled for sponsors, managers or players.

This debate will blow over like it has every time it has come up in the past and it will pop up again maybe in 6 months or a year and it will blow over again. Repeat ad nauseum. 

Board pandering to our haters instead of attacking them . Won’t make a jot of difference til the fans see others being taken to task for the same thing we are always accused of. Know why the board did it, but time to grow a set and take the establishment on, not appease them imo.

1 minute ago, Ace said:

Some good points, except currently sponsors don't seem to give a shit, just look at their lack of movement to a paedo-ring across the city. 

This is about continued tarnishing of our club's name, the imbalance is incredible and the club have no choice but to issue this statement. 

It’s hilarious, Brown and Hateley both speaking about the ‘idiots’ singing and feeling bad about Clarke, were literally part of a changing room that participated in the singing of Fuck The Pope and being up to their knees in fenian blood.