***The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread***

A don't even want to see all the different angles of their goal to know it was offside. 

We've dropped points again and we've not got that winning mentality to overcome all these injustices this season. 

Winners put that to the back of their mind and win. 

Leagues done definitely this time. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fucking raging we didn't kill the game off with a second goal. How many times are we going to drop points to what is essentially an average team?

We have some good players but a few who switch off/bottle it when the chips are down.

Our title dream died tonight and it is at least partially down to relying too much on Morelos. We won't win silverware until more players stand up to be counted.

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on, shite away results all season ,winning fuck all under Gerrard.

made a complete arse of it in that Killie away game after beating the scum,cluleless

Our away results are bad but the difference between ours and their home form is what has caused them to be out of sight 

Europe and some great performances have put the blinkers on some but we’re still complete bottle merchants 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

You can blame the piss poor crossing, finishing, passing and just general pishness before anything we should have been out of sight first half.  Typical Rangers 

Fair point as well but when you're getting fuck all protection why throw yourself into a 50-50 because it is most likely you get sent off?

I still believe Gerrard is the man to turn things around but he fucked up big style in January when he signed both Davis and Kamara. Our midfield is bursting with unimaginative sideways and backwards passing midfielders with only Arfield offering anything through the middle. If he is off the boil or perhaps playing with a niggle then that's pretty much it from the middle so all the opposition has to do is defend balls into the box.

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

No they played a hibs team last week that never once put the boot in, never once actually laid a glove on them and they won two nil, not five. Hibs defended for their lives tonight, never saw that v the tims from them. 

I fucking hate Hibs, I also hate the fact we have amassed so many chances this season against them and not won.

We should know by now that EVERY team raises their game against us and only us.We need to act and play accordingly poor finishing and defending cost us three points it’s been the same story all season.

Wonder how SG is going to explain this one in his post match interview.  With the league gone (he admitted as much after the StJ game and its now worse) he'll have a bit of a job on his hands to lift the team for the SC replay and for the rest of the season especially if some of them start to turn their minds to moving on in the transfer window.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Our two best players Kent and Morelos just haven't been on it in the last couple of games.

Problem is we don't have players of equal quality we can replace them with  / drop them for.  Hopefully once we get rid of all the dead wood at end of season (Dodoo, Wallace, Herrera etc) we can bring in 4 or 5 of real quality which should increase the competition and consistency.

Season officially over bar the cup. Just not good enough. Plenty of chances to win 2 games but far too sloppy in front of goal. Poor decisions against us but they shouldn’t have mattered. Fucked off with it all yet again. I’ll feel better in a couple of days but at the moment I just wish the season was over. 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

More like the league gone because our captain neglected his defensive responsibilities despite Goldson screaming at him to get back in position 

He wasn’t at the races but 4 inches lower and we win. I know aunts bollox and uncles etc

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Tavernier and Halliday were fucking awful. Didn't think Goldson or Worrall were much better, defence still needs sorting out.

Absolutely spot on.  Goldson in particular was woeful tonight.  Marking in general by the defence was awful as well.  

Too much pussy footing about . Some of that football , particularly in the first half was exemplary , but instead of being ruthless , it looked at times , that all we wanted to was just pass the ball around . It was almost like we were too cocky , and why I'll never know , because we're not at that level yet . 

Second half , and we lost what epitomised the first half - chasing everything and putting them under pressure high up the park allowing them to creep back into the game . 

Lets hope there are angry players in there just now determined to ensure 90 minutes on Tuesday and not the 45 we witnessed tonite . Disappointed after such a promising first half . 

We should have been home and hosed in the first half but too many chances missed. The second half ,, shot ourselves in the foot and some of the refs decisions were woeful  (should have had a penalty, at least 2 Hibs players should have walked, a free kick for us that wasn't given that then led to their goal) but ,,,,, scunnered.

It isn't our away form that is the issue. They have not dropped a point at home, we have dropped 9 I think. More or less the same points away. 

We should have had the game out of sight, yes but if the ref does his job, we get a pen in the first half, McGregor sees red and it is a clear free kick on Tav before their goal

Archived