Sign in to follow this  
ForeverAndEver

***The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread***

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

The board and management can't stick the ball in the net mate.

Nope but they do pick, train & organise those who should be doing that.

Ivybank likes this

Referee was atrocious tonight but we failed to take advantage of our first half advantage and our defensive marking in the game was awful at times.  McGregor should have been off after elbowing Morelos.   We got pulled up for an offside when Morelos was well onside and through on goal.  Two other Hibs players should have had 2 yellow cards each, actually one could possibly have been a straight red.   We should have been out of sight at half time.  Second half we didn't change things.  I thought Kent should have been subbed not Arfield and it should have been earlier in the game.    

2 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Would blame the piss poor officiating first.

You can blame the piss poor crossing, finishing, passing and just general pishness before anything we should have been out of sight first half.  Typical Rangers 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Well done Gerrard

Youve gifted the junkies another joyous night they didn’t deserve

Gifted the worst celtic team I can remember an easy title 

Absolutely gutless and pathetic showing from a manager and a team who had a chance to become heroes after that new year win 

Spot on, shite away results all season ,winning fuck all under Gerrard.

made a complete arse of it in that Killie away game after beating the scum,cluleless

HG5 likes this

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

We have a manager, we are improving no end under him, disappointing result again but we are a vastly improved team, same shite after every dropped point.

Are we though?

One point better off compared to last season doesn't suggest so.

How many 'agains' need to occur to it not being an improvement? 

HG5 likes this

Said it all season just not enough winners throughout the squad. that is nearly every time we have a chance to put pressure on the scum we don't. We lacked composure not only up front but all over the park in the second half. And it has been a trait for most of the season. I'm fucking sick 

HG5 likes this

2 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

League gone by the width of the bar.

Thats the difference. celtic win matches in the final few minutes. We royally fuck it up, time and time again. I fucking knew that was going to happen, we cannot hold onto a one goal lead, we are incapable of doing it. Game should have been dead and buried at half time. League was over before tonight, but i was hoping to only have a single figure deficit by the end of the season. Could be anything now????

Only the Scottish left to play for, and that is a long shot aswell.

The nightmare just continues season after season after season.

10 in a row? Try 15.

Howsitgoing likes this

A don't even want to see all the different angles of their goal to know it was offside. 

We've dropped points again and we've not got that winning mentality to overcome all these injustices this season. 

Winners put that to the back of their mind and win. 

Leagues done definitely this time. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well season all hanging on Tuesday night now. 

I think it has been for a number of weeks now CB, I just hope we can score the goals we will need. 

Fucking raging we didn't kill the game off with a second goal. How many times are we going to drop points to what is essentially an average team?

We have some good players but a few who switch off/bottle it when the chips are down.

Our title dream died tonight and it is at least partially down to relying too much on Morelos. We won't win silverware until more players stand up to be counted.

HG5 likes this

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

You can blame the piss poor crossing, finishing, passing and just general pishness before anything we should have been out of sight first half.  Typical Rangers 

Fair point as well but when you're getting fuck all protection why throw yourself into a 50-50 because it is most likely you get sent off?

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Spot on, shite away results all season ,winning fuck all under Gerrard.

made a complete arse of it in that Killie away game after beating the scum,cluleless

Our away results are bad but the difference between ours and their home form is what has caused them to be out of sight 

Europe and some great performances have put the blinkers on some but we’re still complete bottle merchants 

HG5 likes this

Intimidated out that game aided and abetted by a shitebag referee, but if you've not got the killer instinct then no cigar! We've still not got aggression in the midfield, it's no there!

HG5 likes this

I still believe Gerrard is the man to turn things around but he fucked up big style in January when he signed both Davis and Kamara. Our midfield is bursting with unimaginative sideways and backwards passing midfielders with only Arfield offering anything through the middle. If he is off the boil or perhaps playing with a niggle then that's pretty much it from the middle so all the opposition has to do is defend balls into the box.

shotstopper likes this

2 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

No they played a hibs team last week that never once put the boot in, never once actually laid a glove on them and they won two nil, not five. Hibs defended for their lives tonight, never saw that v the tims from them. 

I fucking hate Hibs, I also hate the fact we have amassed so many chances this season against them and not won.

We should know by now that EVERY team raises their game against us and only us.We need to act and play accordingly poor finishing and defending cost us three points it’s been the same story all season.

HG5 likes this

Wonder how SG is going to explain this one in his post match interview.  With the league gone (he admitted as much after the StJ game and its now worse) he'll have a bit of a job on his hands to lift the team for the SC replay and for the rest of the season especially if some of them start to turn their minds to moving on in the transfer window.

HG5 likes this

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

Our two best players Kent and Morelos just haven't been on it in the last couple of games.

Problem is we don't have players of equal quality we can replace them with  / drop them for.  Hopefully once we get rid of all the dead wood at end of season (Dodoo, Wallace, Herrera etc) we can bring in 4 or 5 of real quality which should increase the competition and consistency.

sandyinroyalblue likes this

Season officially over bar the cup. Just not good enough. Plenty of chances to win 2 games but far too sloppy in front of goal. Poor decisions against us but they shouldn’t have mattered. Fucked off with it all yet again. I’ll feel better in a couple of days but at the moment I just wish the season was over. 

JCDBigBear likes this

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

More like the league gone because our captain neglected his defensive responsibilities despite Goldson screaming at him to get back in position 

He wasn’t at the races but 4 inches lower and we win. I know aunts bollox and uncles etc

3 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Tavernier and Halliday were fucking awful. Didn't think Goldson or Worrall were much better, defence still needs sorting out.

Absolutely spot on.  Goldson in particular was woeful tonight.  Marking in general by the defence was awful as well.