***The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely sick tonight.

We had more than enough chances to bury this game by half time and once again we fucked it. No clinical edge in the final third and the crossing from both wings was a disgrace. 

We have too many players who bottle under pressure that need to be got rid of. We need more players with a ruthless winning mentality. 

Just now, Rum Ham said:

How much has he spent? 

How many players have gone and came in since he has took over? 

Changing managers every season, especially when we have improved, even if it's slightly, is going to be a never ending scenario. 

Spent the good part of 10 million, on absolute shite, Goldson being the only one showing any potential for next season.

Alot of players have come and gone I agree but the same will be the same when Gerrard finally gets the sack, we'll need to get rid of the shite he has signed and left us with on long term deals.

Just now, GOAT said:

Btw, the cunts blaming gerrard for the night, have a word with yourselves.  He put a team out that dominated the game but couldn’t score in a barrel load of fannies or cross the road.  The team cost him and let us and him down. 

Yeah, but we all knew it with plenty of time to go. Subs should have been made - that’s on him.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

How bad does Morelos have to play to be subbed? tonight was not his night and he's had a great season but Gerrard has got to see when he's struggling.

Who do you bring on, Defoe who cannot lead the line on his own especially against two Mack trucks.  Lafferty and Defoe may have worked but he was in the stands

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Spent the good part of 10 million, on absolute shite, Goldson being the only one showing any potential for next season.

Alot of players have come and gone I agree but the same will be the same when Gerrard finally gets the sack, we'll need to get rid of the shite he has signed and left us with on long term deals.

Break down that 10 million. 

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Btw, the cunts blaming gerrard for the night, have a word with yourselves.  He put a team out that dominated the game but couldn’t score in a barrel load of fannies or cross the road.  The team cost him and let us and him down. 

Yes I agree with tonight but SG has to learn the game more quickly 

Yes he is working within a limited budget and I believe he will come good but he has to step up to the plate 

4 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Nothing about winning the league in his first season but to be this far behind the taigs after spending what we've spent is not on

Take it you were saying the same when Pedro was struggling? When Warburton was struggling? 

Naw I bet you wanted both out the door because they weren't big names

Gerrard is a fucking shocking manager and the sooner we as fans realise that the better for the club, we're even further behind the taigs than we were last season 

I was shouting for Pedro and Warberton to go because i could not see progress. 

We finished 3rd those years behind Aberdeen. We got pumped out of Europe by Progres. We constantly got pumped off celtic. You telling me we have not progressed under Gerrard? Beating celtic, being on the cusp of getting passed the group stages of the Europa league and at least securing runner up spot. The guy hasnt even had a full season ffs.

So who you want in for Gerrard and how long you gonna give him?

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

You actually slated Kamara earlier and now say Goldson shows potential , do one ya fuckin roaster you know nothing about the game..........

1 minute ago, Rum Ham said:

Break down that 10 million. 

Barisic - 2 million

Goldson - 3.5 million 

Grezda - 1.5 million 

Katic - 1.5 million 

Lafferty - 500k 

Money spent on Kamara & the rest of the signings 

That's not even including wages.

It's a fucking disgrace we are where we are right now 

When we get dragged into a battle on the pitch,too many players go hiding or haven't the whereabouts to calm things down and take the sting out of the game,ref was shit,but lets be frank,we should have been out of sight first half??

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Who do you bring on, Defoe who cannot lead the line on his own especially against two Mack trucks.  Lafferty and Defoe may have worked but he was in the stands

And who decided that Lafferty should sit it out 

10 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The desperation to lay blame at certain players feet is mental.

Tav goes over the guys leg, he's not out muscled and I don't think he goes down easily either.

But despite all that, our 2 CB's are out of sync, with one pushing out to play offside and the other holding and Candieas switches off letting the Hibs player run off him.

How this lands at Tav's feet is the best display of mental gymnastics you'll ever see on this forum.

He had a poor game overall imo but the goal isn't his fault.

The blame lands at Tavs feet because it suits some people’s agenda , he was fouled and Candeias should have covered for him , 

Just cannot believe we dropped 2pts 

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, but we all knew it with plenty of time to go. Subs should have been made - that’s on him.

He made the only sub that could influence the game IMO.  Maybe the lack of attacking options is on him then, I’d maybe agree with that. 

Archived