***The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

like your fee for Goldson - reckon you just spout shite   -- nearer 2.5 than 3.5M btw

Take all the figures from transfer websites rather than what is said in the media tbh mate but regardless, he's had the best part of 10 million 

Just now, Ivybank said:

Must be murder mate, luckily I don't know or deal with any tims,it's great

Disnae help I’ve had a drink, so my normal cool calm collected self.....😂 isn’t available at the moment. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

We lost 10 games last year. 9 the year before. We have lost only 4 this year. We conceded 44 goals last season....50 the season before. We have conceded only 21 this season. Not to mention this league this year is far more comoetitive than the past seasons. If you cant see any progress then theres no arguing with stupud.

No  one can say there hasn't been progress, but games like tonight are too similar to aberdeen first game, motherwell away, hibs at home, livi away, st johnston/killie at home. It's only a goal each game but been happening too much

1 minute ago, northern bear said:

We were awful last year. Granted this year there are a lot of games we should have won but there is a definite improvement. It's all about getting a bit more quality and a better mentality. I don't think we are that far away. 

Really...

After tomorrow we could be 10 behind the taigs

They have had their worst season in 3/4 years, have spent very little (Edouard excluded but he was here last year) & have now changed managers

We have also beat them 

Yet we're double figures behind

How the fuck is that progress...

23 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Steven McLean cost us that game. End of

Ref was beyond woeful tonight but we only have ourselves to blame for dropping points in a game we should have won at a canter..........again. 

Poor finishing, not being able to kill pish teams off when we are pummelling them and too many players who's arses collapse when we concede an equaliser is what cost us tonight. 

Ref was honking to be fair.

Just now, sandyinroyalblue said:

When we bemoan a lack of consistency remember Gerrard criticised the players for their second half performances against Hamilton and Dundee in games we won easily but it seems the players just don't listen about what's required to succeed at Rangers.

Gerrard can be more proactive in terms of making changes and letting games drift away but I agree the players let their manager down tonight in a must win game.

I agree he could be more proactive but we should have been 3 up at ht. That wee wank Gray should have been sent off as well which seems to have been forgotten about. 

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

No I responded to one comment and said it’s bullshit. I don’t follow your comments, I responded to what I read.

No need to praise Gerrard at all tonight. 

And then you made some massive extrapolation 're pandering based on one tiny comment.

Praise is due where it's due. If I think he said something good, there's fuck all wrong with saying that. It doesn't somehow negate everything else that's bad, you know.

36 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He was fouled for fuck sake.

I know he was fucking fouled there was a couple of times in the match he lost the ball threw his fucking arms in the air and they nearly scored

Nah, I think we were cheated, to steal the taig edict.

We should be shouting about this. I could go on about the foul leading up to their goal had it not been committed against our weakest player. But Tavernier has my respect in the way he handled himself tonight. There will be hordes of non-Rangers supporting fans either celebrating that or trivialising it, as we seen in the final 2016. 

But he didn't collapse into a ball, he made a fool of the cunt..and I would place a large bet that the tink who ran on the field also had a ticket for the cup final in 2016. If the police were to cross reference that evidence it probably wouldn't look good for the over-exuberants

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

And then you made some massive extrapolation 're pandering based on one tiny comment.

Praise is due where it's due. If I think he said something good, there's fuck all wrong with saying that. It doesn't somehow negate everything else that's bad, you know.

As I said, pandering to underachievement. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Really...

After tomorrow we could be 10 behind the taigs

They have had their worst season in 3/4 years, have spent very little (Edouard excluded but he was here last year) & have now changed managers

We have also beat them 

Yet we're double figures behind

How the fuck is that progress...

How many 10m pound players have we bought? 

The football and general attitude around the club is much better. 

Some of his signings have been poor but that happens with every club. I think we are making progress and improvements.

5 minutes ago, justiston said:

No  one can say there hasn't been progress, but games like tonight are too similar to aberdeen first game, motherwell away, hibs at home, livi away, st johnston/killie at home. It's only a goal each game but been happening too much

Youre right. And thats where Gerrard should be judged next year. He has to learn from these games but we need to give him time to learn.

Just now, northern bear said:

Some of his signings have been poor but that happens with every club. I think we are making progress and improvements.

And we'll continue to do that while the taigs lift 8, 9 then 10 in a row 

Meanwhile we'll talk about how Gerrard the rookie is improving as manager, is not longer making rookie mistakes & hopefully it'll eventually click for him.

Dave King thought signing Gerrard as a manager would appease some of the supporters...by fuck he wouldn't have believed how well it's went down 

33 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Fuck sake I know he’s the usual scapegoat and he was poor tonight but it was one of the most blatant fouls you’ll ever see on him leading up to the goal! To blame him for losing the ball or not staying on his feet in that situation is ridiculous.

L when he lost the ball for the goal it was a fu king foul 9/10 times he does this stupid side step that any cunt can see he is going to do loses the bal throws his fucking arms in the air  and teams almost score or do score watch the past 5 games he does it all the time.

I have never used tav as a scapegoat just the last handful of games I have started to notice it.

52 minutes ago, Smile said:

Tav tried to get the free kick if he stayed on his feet there would have been no goal as that caused the break away.

How can you blame Tav there. It’s a free kick for any other team. And a great goal scoring opportunity.

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He’s right this time, we should have buried this game at half time. 

How is he right? Yes we had failings but how can you say their goal should never have been, we should have had a penalty and they should have played most of the match with 10 men... But we can only blame ourselves?

Tavenier is a defender, not right midfielder or left winger as he appeared in both those positions several times tonight. He needs to stay more in his own position but I don't hold much hope for that because he is a slack jawed mongo and Gerrard needs to replace him. He got fouled just out side the 18 yard box, he's a right back ffs.

4 minutes ago, northern bear said:

Forget about celtic. 

There not ahead because they are different class, We have been absolutely brutal in the league and no doubts about it. 

Just now, Valance1690 said:

And we'll continue to do that while the taigs lift 8, 9 then 10 in a row 

Meanwhile we'll talk about how Gerrard the rookie is improving as manager, is not longer making rookie mistakes & hopefully it'll eventually click for him.

Dave King thought signing Gerrard as a manager would appease some of the supporters...by fuck he wouldn't have believed how well it's went down 

I think you should go back to buzzing glue. 

What do you expect? Give Jose a call? See if Sir Alex fancies a go? 

The tims won't improve that much next year and we will. 

Archived