Planning Ahead........

The three Baltics will be here next year (contracted ) so will Rossiter and I think we will have a good chance with Kent. Docherty and Hardie will be given a look. 

Shinnie is not the most gifted but the type of player needed in the leauge.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Possibility of leaving: Katic, Kent, Barisic, Grezda, Lafferty, Doranns, Docherty

Kent is on loan so I can see why there's a possibility of him leaving.  Docherty might attract interest from down South but we could use a box-to-box midfielder like him at the club too.  There's nothing to suggest Katic or Barisic might leave they've had plenty of game time this season.  No one would even buy Lafferty the best we could probably do is a season long loan back to Hearts until his contract expires.  Dorrans is permanently injured who is going to buy him?  Does anyone even know what is happening with Grezda?

37 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think we need:

1 x quality back up keeper

1 x starting left back

1 x starting centre half and 1 x back up too

1 x attacking midfielder and 1 x enforcer type midfielder 

1 x starting centre forward and 1 x back up striker 

Plus Kent signed up 

I think Alnwick will end up staying with the non-league boy.

I think Goldson and Katic are certs to be the CB pair come August. Can see another oldie coming in as has been form for the last few seasons.

I can see Shinnie signing (sadly), Kamara, Jack, Halliday, Arfield, Docherty, Rossiter and Dorrans being our lot.

Cannot see us signing (unless extended loan) Kent but never say never. Candeias, Murphy, Jones, Grezda and Middleton being our wide options.

Defoe, Lafferty, Hardie and maybe shankland or another young striker signing.

Not convinced we will spend big. I personally hope to see: Grezda, Murphy, Dorrans punted, Morelos go for big money. Us signing a quality CAM and striker. Kent returning.

Nothing drastic - this team needs to settle and grow.

Would get rid of all the players currently out on loan and keep Kent and Worral if we can.

There is no point in having another mass clear out of  Barisic, Grezda etc.

Build a squad rather than going back to square one again with a squad turnaround of 30 players that’ll get us nowhere.

5 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

If this Shinnie rumour is based on the nonsense on Twitter and FF last week, it was a wind up of the sheep. It was not based on anything.

Heard rumours from Aberdeen in January. Not saying ITK, but it's been rumoured since then at least.

3 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I think Liverpool will be very impressed with Kent's development under SG and another season loan is on the cards. Realistically signing him permanently is outwith our finances.

Kent is never going to break in to their first-team.  Constantly loaning him out would be pointless I think they’ll look to sell.  I do think he’ll move for several million but that shouldn’t be beyond us if Morelos goes for big money.

11 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Would get rid of all the players currently out on loan and keep Kent and Worral if we can.

Absolutely no chance of keeping Worrall.  He wants to play for Forrest, they want him to play for them, it would cost an absolute fortune to buy him.  I think they knocked back a £12m bid from Burnley not too long ago.

There was talk of us still scouting the big defender Cooper up until late last year.  I know he’s singed a new contract but I do think the manager rates the player highly.  If Morelos moves I think we’ll go back in for him.

43 minutes ago, TMB said:

Kent is never going to break in to their first-team.  Constantly loaning him out would be pointless I think they’ll look to sell.  I do think he’ll move for several million but that shouldn’t be beyond us if Morelos goes for big money.

Liverpool gave Kent a 5 year deal, they clearly want him, , they would easily be looking for upwards of 4 to 5m for Kent, outwith our means Just because big EPL teams have a raft of youngsters that wont make their first 11 doesn't mean they don't want to maximise their investment ,  they sold a player in Solanke who was never going to make their team for 19m, its suits them fine to have young players on long deals and to loan them out to develop them before cashing in,  its part of their business plan.

Its well and good talking about spending the fee we get for AM but what about wages for these players over the life of their deals?

16 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Liverpool gave Kent a 5 year deal, they clearly want him, , they would easily be looking for upwards of 4 to 5m for Kent, outwith our means Just because big EPL teams have a raft of youngsters that wont make their first 11 doesn't mean they don't want to maximise their investment ,  they sold a player in Solanke who was never going to make their team for 19m, its suits them fine to have young players on long deals and to loan them out to develop them before cashing in,  its part of their business plan.

Its well and good talking about spending the fee we get for AM but what about wages for these players over the life of their deals?

I would be disappointed if Gerrard and Allan weren't pushing for another season from Liverpool - he has been outstanding at times, and will only get better as he develops more physical presence.

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I would be disappointed if Gerrard and Allan weren't pushing for another season from Liverpool - he has been outstanding at times, and will only get better as he develops more physical presence.

I think another season loan is a good option for them, he's getting plenty of game time in high pressure games, also experience in Europe, he's clearly developed more here than he did at BrIstol or Freiburg, only worry is a championship club looking in and paying the 5m its would take to buy him.

Maybe being a wee bit optimistic but next season we'll have two more attacking midfielders in Dorrans and Murphy.  Most folk accept Alfredo will be off so we need to spend some money on a striker and maybe, just maybe, tying up Kent on a permanent deal.   Add in another centre half and we're in front of where we are just now, hopefully.   It wouldn't bother me, apart from financially, if we never saw Grezda and Barasic again, don't think they have the attitude/mindset to play for us.  Katic on the other hand could be moulded into a great player for us.

Katic has the makings of a player but he is frozen out for a reason.

Grezda has disappeared off the planet since wearing a protective boot on winter break training. 

Barisic has the makings of a player but he isn’t cutting it so far.

They could all leave.

16 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

He’ll never break in to that Liverpool squad.  This is what I meant when I said ‘they don’t want him’.  They don’t want him as a player asset.  Will they look to cash in on him?  Absolutely.

If we sell Morelos for big money then we should be able to afford Kent.  Don’t you think Rangers will reinvest a large chunk of that money in to the playing squad?   

1 minute ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Grezda has disappeared off the planet since wearing a protective boot on winter break training. 

They could all leave.

Katic hasnt been frozen out, he's making squads and an occasional start, he was bought with a view to developing him for the future. SG said as much.

Just now, TMB said:

He’ll never break in to that Liverpool squad.  This is what I meant when I said ‘they don’t want him’.  They don’t want him as a player asset.  Will they look to cash in on him?  Absolutely.

If we sell Morelos for big money then we should be able to afford Kent.  Don’t you think Rangers will reinvest a large chunk of that money in to the playing squad?   

Yes of course we will. taking into account the wage bill, but we wont be spending the kind of money the scousers will want for kent on one player.

4 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

They could all leave.

You think all three of them could leave after one year at the club?  

3 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Katic hasnt been frozen out, he's making squads and an occasional start, he was bought with a view to developing him for the future. SG said as much.

He’s been making squads ahead of a 39 year old player on his last legs. If he wasn’t I’d be worried.

Plus he was actually missing squads with McAuley in favour of him. 

Either way something isn’t right as the player who started the season looked great. 

2 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Yes of course we will. taking into account the wage bill, but we wont be spending the kind of money the scousers will want for kent on one player.

Assuming a fee can be agreed between Rangers and Liverpool I don’t think negotiating a contract is out of the question.  Rangers can offer Kent stability, regular first-team football, European football, a good wage.  I can see him wanting to stay here.  

If Morelos goes then I’d like to maybe see us use most of the money for a summer reshuffle I’d look at Centre Back, Attacking Mid, a Forward, & Kent on a permanent or another loan for him other than that I think the team is looking strong & plenty of depth assuming we keep Docherty and Murphy will be back firing & Jones in there too