Planning Ahead........

Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He’s been making squads ahead of a 39 year old player on his last legs. If he wasn’t I’d be worried.

Plus he was actually missing squads with McAuley in favour of him. 

Either way something isn’t right as the player who started the season looked great. 

Not worried about him, my idea of "frozen out" is not being involved at all, thats far from the case,  simple fact is Goldson and Worrall are ahead of him right now but SG said he was one for the future, wouldn't write off Grezda and Barisic either, better players than them have taking a season to find their feet at our club although Grezda isnt looking good at all, he's back in full training last week so we'll see if he can kick on.

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Maybe to Shinnie and Shankland if he's back up. No to the rest. 

Buy Lewis Ferguson though.

Mmnn? Not sure about Ferguson? I've heard on the grapevine that his Da, and Uncle are a right pair of Fenian Loving Bastards. Best Avoided. 🤔

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

Assuming a fee can be agreed between Rangers and Liverpool I don’t think negotiating a contract is out of the question.  Rangers can offer Kent stability, regular first-team football, European football, a good wage.  I can see him wanting to stay here.  

Fingers crossed you're right mate, I just think its "Assuming a fee can be agreed between Rangers and Liverpool " thats the hard bit, another year loan wouldn't be the worst  option as it wouldn't involve any outlay and would allow us to strengthen other areas, CB, AM and 2 x strikers for a start. maybe even look at a deal for him after that when we've a lot less to do.

4 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think we could be in for a lot of movement in the summer, with obvious changes and some I think may happen.

Likely to go leave: Worrall, Morelos, Coulibaly, Davis, Wes, Flannigan, Rossiter, Wallace, McAuley, Holt, Herrera, Hodson, Dodoo, Alnwick, Hardie 

Possibility of leaving: Katic, Kent, Barisic, Grezda, Lafferty, Doranns, Docherty

Of those mentioned Kent is a priority signing and Jones is signed up.

Clearly if Morelos goes then we need to use the money wisely to replace him and strengthen the squad to a point where we can mount a challenge.

That being said, a lot of the players mentioned to leave are squad players or out the picture, so maybe isn’t major change but what do you feel we need to be more consistent and improve?

I don't think Morellos will go, I'm sure Gerrard rates him as highly as I do. So the only way he is leaving is for stupid money. Kent needs to be signed up 100%. He must know he has zero chance of getting into that Liverpool team, especially as they have a very very good young winger breaking through just now. I'm guessing you haven't seen how Docherty has been playing? He looks excellent and definitely worth holding on to. Looks like he could replace Arfield to me. Worrall has went from being a worse choice than Katic to being our best defender. Thought he had his best game by far for us today. Just needs to stop passing back to the keeper so often. If we do get Kent, then we're going to have Kent, Jones and young Middleton all vying for that one position. I would like to see if we could get a few quid for Tav. I blame him for today's goal. He overlapped Candeias when it was clear he was struggling with the ball. Candeias predictably lost possession at that point which left a clear run through our right back position and a clear run into the box which ended up with our centre back panicking to get the ball away to fuck on his own (Tav was still in the away half) and Goldson ended up having to take on that whole area of the pitch on his own and he gave away a penalty. We have given away far too many goals from the right back position since he's played there. He's good going forward, but was honking today. Missed a chance to have a shot at goal today too. I think it's time for him to go. I dunno if Candeias could play right back, but it's worth a chance trying in preseason friendlies or maybe Polster (Poulton?) is the man for the job?? Next season we will have possibly 3 right footed left wingers. Could maybe play the 3 of them at the same time behind Morelos with Jack and our wee bargain midfielder I'm the middle with our fullbacks supporting those two. I reckon Barasic has the ability and fitness to take that full left flank and whipping in balls from deep or the getting to the byline. Everything I've just written is mostly hypothetical but is my vision of our team next year... 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

I don't think Morellos will go, I'm sure Gerrard rates him as highly as I do. So the only way he is leaving is for stupid money. Kent needs to be signed up 100%. He must know he has zero chance of getting into that Liverpool team, especially as they have a very very good young winger breaking through just now. I'm guessing you haven't seen how Docherty has been playing? He looks excellent and definitely worth holding on to. Looks like he could replace Arfield to me. Worrall has went from being a worse choice than Katic to being our best defender. Thought he had his best game by far for us today. Just needs to stop passing back to the keeper so often. If we do get Kent, then we're going to have Kent, Jones and young Middleton all vying for that one position. I would like to see if we could get a few quid for Tav. I blame him for today's goal. He overlapped Candeias when it was clear he was struggling with the ball. Candeias predictably lost possession at that point which left a clear run through our right back position and a clear run into the box which ended up with our centre back panicking to get the ball away to fuck on his own (Tav was still in the away half) and Goldson ended up having to take on that whole area of the pitch on his own and he gave away a penalty. We have given away far too many goals from the right back position since he's played there. He's good going forward, but was honking today. Missed a chance to have a shot at goal today too. I think it's time for him to go. I dunno if Candeias could play right back, but it's worth a chance trying in preseason friendlies or maybe Polster (Poulton?) is the man for the job?? Next season we will have possibly 3 right footed left wingers. Could maybe play the 3 of them at the same time behind Morelos with Jack and our wee bargain midfielder I'm the middle with our fullbacks supporting those two. I reckon Barasic has the ability and fitness to take that full left flank and whipping in balls from deep or the getting to the byline. Everything I've just written is mostly hypothetical but is my vision of our team next year... 

Can you please split this into paragraphs please.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

It's not an English paper. It's a football forum post. 

I'm sure you can understand it without it being put into paragraphs. 

Thanks, Redwhiteandblue. 

I would enjoy it more in paragraphs.

Best Wishes

Sasa

In the Summer we need a centre half to partner Goldson, a quality winger to replace Kent or play on the right if we can keep Kent, a midfielder with creativity and a centre forward to replace Morelos if he leaves.

We will also need to bring in squad players to supplement the deadwood that will leave but you can do that with loans and bosman signings so IMO that’s the four positions we really need to focus on this Summer and ensure we get those signings right.

16 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

In the Summer we need a centre half to partner Goldson, a quality winger to replace Kent or play on the right if we can keep Kent, a midfielder with creativity and a centre forward to replace Morelos if he leaves.

We will also need to bring in squad players to supplement the deadwood that will leave but you can do that with loans and bosman signings so IMO that’s the four positions we really need to focus on this Summer and ensure we get those signings right.

We need to bring in 1st team players, so the current ones can be squad players.

18 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I think we could be in for a lot of movement in the summer, with obvious changes and some I think may happen.

Likely to go leave: Worrall, Morelos, Coulibaly, Davis, Wes, Flannigan, Rossiter, Wallace, McAuley, Holt, Herrera, Hodson, Dodoo, Alnwick, Hardie 

Possibility of leaving: Katic, Kent, Barisic, Grezda, Lafferty, Doranns, Docherty

Of those mentioned Kent is a priority signing and Jones is signed up.

Clearly if Morelos goes then we need to use the money wisely to replace him and strengthen the squad to a point where we can mount a challenge.

That being said, a lot of the players mentioned to leave are squad players or out the picture, so maybe isn’t major change but what do you feel we need to be more consistent and improve?

Of the likely to go: Worrall wants to go, Morelos has to be sold first, Coulibaly is welcome to go, Davis don't come back, Wes,Flannigan, Rossiter, Holt, Herrera. Dodoo, Alnick and Hardie are all still contracted with Herrera on a good wedge so unless some of them are prepared to walk away or someone offers some money the majority will still be here. Wallace will go to some other SPL team probably Hearts unless he gets an offer from somewhere like the US.

Possibility - after paying money for the likes of Katic, Barisic and Grezda they are not going to simply leave. Kent will go back to Liverpool unless serious money is thrown at them as they know they can pick up loan fees and he either breaks into the team or there is the chance he is sold for 10m plus. Lafferty can GTF however he probably has another year. Dorrans hopefully will be fit and I would like to see Docherty in the squad after his loan.

It really depends on what happens to Morelos....if he is sold we obviously need a replacement ASAP who can contribute the same amount of goals or more.

All in all I don't see the same revolving door this summer as last.

14 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

That was a hard read.

Morelos won't be hear after the transfer window closes.

14 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

How many goals have we got from the right back/right midfield position this season? Defensively we have fucked up a few times, but we have outscored the opposition rather than been outscored by them. I like your suggestion about DC at right back though. 

I fully expect morelos to be sold. We'll need a replacement. 

I hope we can keep Kent if not we need to replace him. 

We need a creative midfielder that can unlock tight defences. 

We'll also need a CB to come in and replace worrall when he goes back. 

All of the above need to be first team ready and better than what we have. 

If we constantly want to be better than the rest then signing nobodies from Aberdeen will not improve us.  We need quality players better than celtics to have any chance winning the league.   Common knowledge tells us that Scotland’s champions have better players than the opposition.  Graeme shinnie and the hearts forward wouldn’t look out of place at Motherwell or Dundee. So obviously we need better or it’s more of the same

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

We need to bring in 1st team players, so the current ones can be squad players.

Who from the current first team do you think would be replaced?

McGregor, Tav & Goldson pick themselves & Worrall does too but will be off in the Summer.

We don’t need another left back because we have two who are currently vying for the spot

Kamara has impressed so far, Gerrard loves Jack & just gave him a massive new contract & Arfield is one of the highest paid players at the club so all three of them are going to be in and around the team most weeks, plus we have McCrorie too so that’s four midfielders without even adding the creative player that we still lack there.

Kent & Morelos will probably both leave and Candieas can be a bit hit or miss.

There aren’t many in the current first team who are going to be replaced and drop down to  becoming squad players. Candieas is the main one who could IMO. There are decent foundations of a side in place and focus is going to be on keeping the majority of the side we have put together now and  adding better players to the areas that it is still weak rather than carrying out another massive rebuilding job.

16 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I know that his uncle his a Rangers legend.

Absolutely, of course he is, but he is quickly diminishing that accolade with his recent commentaries in the Mhedia.

Choose your friends carefully Barry, as you are getting dragged into fulfilling their aghenda.

34 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

If we constantly want to be better than the rest then signing nobodies from Aberdeen will not improve us.  We need quality players better than celtics to have any chance winning the league.   Common knowledge tells us that Scotland’s champions have better players than the opposition.  Graeme shinnie and the hearts forward wouldn’t look out of place at Motherwell or Dundee. So obviously we need better or it’s more of the same

John Brown, Iain Ferguson, nacho novo, canigia, David Robertson, Kevin Thomson. For them Griffiths, Brown, McDonald. Seem to have done ok coming from other Scottish clubs. Many without much fanfare, a bit like Kamara.

But aye.

20 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

From Scotland I'd be interested in Joe Lewis, Shinnie (reckon that's a done deal), and the bruiser Hearts centre forward if Morelos leaves, plus Shankland. 

I'd love us to get Kent back.

Other than that, it's got to be new faces.

Yes to Lewis and Shankland as back up options.

No to Shinnie and the Hearts player.

20 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The three Baltics will be here next year (contracted ) so will Rossiter and I think we will have a good chance with Kent. Docherty and Hardie will be given a look. 

Shinnie is not the most gifted but the type of player needed in the leauge.

No he won't.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Who from the current first team do you think would be replaced?

McGregor, Tav & Goldson pick themselves & Worrall does too but will be off in the Summer.

We don’t need another left back because we have two who are currently vying for the spot

Kamara has impressed so far, Gerrard loves Jack & just gave him a massive new contract & Arfield is one of the highest paid players at the club so all three of them are going to be in and around the team most weeks, plus we have McCrorie too so that’s four midfielders without even adding the creative player that we still lack there.

Kent & Morelos will probably both leave and Candieas can be a bit hit or miss.

There aren’t many in the current first team who are going to be replaced and drop down to  becoming squad players. Candieas is the main one who could IMO. There are decent foundations of a side in place and focus is going to be on keeping the majority of the side we have put together now and  adding better players to the areas that it is still weak rather than carrying out another massive rebuilding job.

In short all of them.

I want a better goal keeper than McGregor, and for him to be back up.

I want a better right back than tav and for him to become the back up.

Don't expect it to happen in one go and I don't have a preference in what order it happens. Just hope the next transfer window is on improving the first team.