Eric Caldow 1934 - 2019

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sad sad news to hear about Eric’s passing. 

That boys club you started 50 years ago in the little village of Strathaven is still going strong and has helped countless youngsters boys & girls to play and love the game of football making them all the better for it including my own 4 kids, if that alone was all you left this world it would be more than enough but you also leave the countless Rangers fans around the world with great memories as a footballer and genuinely great human being. 

RIP Eric a true Rangers Legend. 

Hey Courtyard, am I right in saying he was born in Darvel? And did he play for their junior team or was it Muirkirk?

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Sad sad news to hear about Eric’s passing. 

That boys club you started 50 years ago in the little village of Strathaven is still going strong and has helped countless youngsters boys & girls to play and love the game of football making them all the better for it including my own 4 kids, if that alone was all you left this world it would be more than enough but you also leave the countless Rangers fans around the world with great memories as a footballer and genuinely great human being. 

RIP Eric a true Rangers Legend. 

A lovely and fitting tribute mate, and a wonderful legacy.

2 hours ago, Ozblue said:

One of the best left-backs we ever had. I still clearly remember to this day when Eric broke his leg in 3 places against Bobby Smith at Wembley. On the 6th minute after Scotland almost scored, the English 'keeper, Gordon Banks blootered the ball into the Scotland half where Smith latched on to it  but couldn't control it and as the ball spun away Smith latched on to it but again he couldn't control it and it broke away towards Caldow who moved in to clear and as he pushed it back to big Ian Ure, Smith came thundering in late and stuck his left boot into Caldows' left shin, so that was the end of his international career.

The thing I will never forget when Smith was hobbling off towards the sideline was the noise we made booing Smith all the way. R.I.P. Eric.

I remember that day well mate, Smith really did get some shit, deservedly so.

33 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Iam very saddened to hear this news.

A Rangers Legend in the upmost sense of the word, and one of the best examples of how to conduct yourself as a Great Ranger both on and off the park.

My heartfelt sympathies go out to his loved one's and close friends.

I will raise a glass later today to The Great Eric Caldow of The Rangers FC.

Well said mate, I couldn't have put it better myself other than to add my condolences to the Caldow family.

Sad news indeed to hear of the passing of ... Daddy Long Legs .... as he was also known as .... due to his uncanny ability to be able to outsmart forwards as he seemed to be everywhere .... not many got past Eric Caldow .... at Club or Country level.

As said above .... also the epitome of what a Rangers captain should be .... a hero on the park and an ambassador and a gentleman off it .... I could go on about him for ever.

Deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends on this sad day.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Hey Courtyard, am I right in saying he was born in Darvel? And did he play for their junior team or was it Muirkirk?

muirkirk my friend , best left back i ever saw ,broke the mould with him .broke his leg versus England at Wembley .bad tackle from opposing player .