Pleased to see Ajax dumping Real Madrid out of the Champions League

7 minutes ago, The Monk said:

I’m probably wrong but was that a friendly when we’d just signed Cuellar? Weird how that feels like a lifetime ago now whilst only being just over 10 years.

If I could pick the perfect European group, I’d love to see us (well unless we got battered 😂) play:

Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Ajax. For some reason I would love to see us play Anderlecht also at some point.

Aye mate Lee McCulloch scored the winner. 1 0 iirc.

On 07/03/2019 at 20:43, heathen fish boy said:

Hoping Ajax are hitting a rich vein of talent through the youth system again,the crop that came through in the nineties were class 

The big teams will just come and buy the whole team. However...Ajax convinced their current players that if they all stayed for another year then they would achieve great things as a team and then they could get their big money move.. all apart from Kluivert stayed and they do look like a brilliant team. Hopefully its their year!

On 08/03/2019 at 00:07, SIRB_72 said:

It was great to see it. Outwith Ajax beating the UEFA narrative they are one of those special clubs in football. From their philosiphy that revolves around total football and youth, tradition, success, Cruyff.

They've literally produced 3 or 4 generational groups of talents which for any club is outstanding and when you factor in they are from a relatively small country like Holland it is truly incredible.

Football over the last 25 years has destroyed a great club like Ajax, just like our own. The bosman ruling stole the 90s generation and the clubs from bigger leagues who are rich took away their generation from 5-10 years ago (Eriksen, Vertonghen, Aldeweireld etc.)

Tuesday night really felt like Ajax giving a big fuck you to UEFA and the modern game which is trying to drive out clubs like Ajax and us.

The Bosman rule had to happen. The way clubs behaved was wrong. 

Using competitions to direct cash to the wealthiest clubs in the biggest leagues and develop elitism is the big issue.

3 hours ago, Inigo said:

The Bowman rule had to happen. Tuesday club's behaved was wrong. 

Using competitions to direct cash to the wealthiest clubs in the biggest leagues and develop elitism is the big issue.

Keeping the name of the competition "The Champions League" is a slap on the face to leagues outside the biggest ones too. 

It's pretty much a pay at the gate competition now, which is even making the wealthiest leagues less competitive. 

Teams like Tottenham/ Arsenal etc. and their fans, accept finishing losers year after year, as long as they are the 1st to 3rd loser and make the CL. 

I'd love to see a new name on the CL  Trophy this year, and that name is Manchester City! 😁😉

Then the trophy would be going to ACTUAL CHAMPIONS this time!

although after the result from Paris last week, and the nature of the victory, I'm thinking that another club, from the same city, (allegedly) have their name written on it already...😡😩

8 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'd love to see a new name on the CL  Trophy this year, and that name is Manchester City! 😁😉

Then the trophy would be going to ACTUAL CHAMPIONS this time!

although after the result from Paris last week, and the nature of the victory, I'm thinking that another club, from the same city, (allegedly) have their name written on it already...😡😩

Wouldn't mind if city did win it, nothing against them at all, but surely every football fan from countries outside the so called big 4 should want Ajax or Porto to win it?.

21 hours ago, Inigo said:

The Bosman rule had to happen. The way clubs behaved was wrong. 

Can't disagree with that. Probably the timing of the bosman ruling was more harmful to Ajax in the mid 90s than it would have been in the late 90s or early 2000s.