***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There was loads of very good play from him tonight, fucking mental the criticism he gets if he's not set up three goals and scored two. Couldn't ask for much more as a right back, it's those ahead of him that were the problem.

Provide a good cross would be a start as he is always bombing forward and leaving a gap behind him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't make mistakes like we did and get away with it against these. I thought as long as we don't concede early we'd win the game, as soon as they scored you knew that was it. 

Gerrard has had us playing some superb stuff at times, but he needs to learn quickly how to change games, because at the moment it's more of the same and hope something happens. 

Also, I swear Tav used to be able to take free kicks and cross the ball. I genuinely used to believe he had the best delivery in the league, but I can't remember the last decent one he had. 

2 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

To think we where all glad me never got mcinnes in😂😂😂. Better manager than Gerrard will ever be!!

It doesn't take a tactical genius to sit every man behind the ball, instruct your defenders to blooter the fuck out of the ball if it comes anywhere near them, and turn every game of football into a street fight.

6 minutes ago, chris182 said:

The fact they were missing their two best players and still beat us comfortably is vomit inducing.

Come on, mate.. it wasnt "comfortable". We gave them the first goal and the second was a consequence of going behind early... we also hit the post. They were throwing bodies in front of shots and at times were defending like their lives depended on it.. they beat us 2-0, but it wasnt a comfortable night for them.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Its how we spend the money though, we cannot afford Grezda Barasic Katic big money players but not trusted by the manager who spent money on them.

Of course,  not all signings will always work out.   I don't think we spent that much money of the players you quoted.  Maybe 4/5 million.

8 minutes ago, chris182 said:
9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The Tav fan club will be on tomorrow convincing us all of his value 😔

£3m and I'd bite yer hand off

Say what you will but Tav in the modern game is worth a good deal more than £3m and I'm one of his biggest critics cause I like my defenders to be able to defend solidly before anything else. He's a good attacking fullback but in our side where teams know to block him off we are not tactically aware of having someone inside that can take the pressure off him. SG has to know Aberdeen were always not going to let him run forward and should adjust to combat it. Teams looking to sign him will know his strengths and whether he suits their style.

Just now, johanhentze said:

Come on, mate.. it wasnt "comfortable". We gave them the first goal and the second was a consequence of going behind early... we also hit the post. They were throwing bodies in front of shots and at times were defending like their lives depended on it.. they beat us 2-0, but it wasnt a comfortable night for them.

Ok, you're right maybe not comfortable but we are making it so easy for them time after time after time

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

There was loads of very good play from him tonight, fucking mental the criticism he gets if he's not set up three goals and scored two. Couldn't ask for much more as a right back, it's those ahead of him that were the problem.

He is a serial loser and an imposter as a captain.

He was utterly fucking rank again. Passes going astray. Out of position. Crosses to no cunt and dead balls that would embarass a five year old.

Aye but he's good, right?!

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It doesn't take a tactical genius to sit every man behind the ball, instruct your defenders to blooter the fuck out of the ball if it comes anywhere near them, and turn every game of football into a street fight.

It works and gets them results against us!! They get to finals every season we dont. Less money spent on there squad but have are number again

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

How much did Goldson, Katie, Barasic and Grezda cost? Don’t quote me on this but I’m sure none of them were free not cheap by Scottish football standards.

Also pretty sure Defoe, Davis, Arfield and McGregor are on very good wages.

Simply not good enough. 

And looks like it’ll take more of a spend to get a bit of adequacy in...

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Say what you will but Tav in the modern game is worth a good deal more than £3m and I'm one of his biggest critics cause I like my defenders to be able to defend solidly before anything else. He's a good attacking fullback but in our side where teams know to block him off we are not tactically aware of having someone inside that can take the pressure off him. SG has to know Aberdeen were always not going to let him run forward and should adjust to combat it. Teams looking to sign him will know his strengths and whether he suits their style.

Are you on the crystal meth?

Has was utter rank.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

No one want to blame the ref and the officials??...Naw?.. That's right...... that poor excuse left the building a long time ago.

The ref was fuckin awful but defeat is at our hands only. No one was ever using it as an excuse for losing (unless the fenian cunt blatantly gave the sheep the game) but his bookings per poor tackling ratio was doubtful until the sheep had won the game.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Ok, you're right maybe not comfortable but we are making it so easy for them time after time after time

We struggle to break teams down that defend in numbers. That is our problem, and it will not change unless we have a clear plan on how to break them down. 

Players simply don't have the winning mentality you need to play for Rangers and everytime they're asked the question at the business end of a competition they fold.

Gerrard's first season has been a failure and whether he is capable of being a Rangers manager is questionable.

Just now, johanhentze said:

We struggle to break teams down that defend in numbers. That is our problem, and it will not change unless we have a clear plan on how to break them down. 

Evidence is that Gerrard and his team don't have a plan either 

Just now, HG5 said:

And looks like it’ll take more of a spend to get a bit of adequacy in...

Will take a fucking genius to sort this out at board and management level. 

Get Mark Allen to fuck. If it’s not the managers fault after 10s of signings it’s got to be his fault

Just now, Malvern said:

I am aware, I can read the pinned updated post as well mate. 17 out of 2000 crosses is not that impressive.

Does anyone have more than him?  AFAIK he has the best assist numbers at the club.  

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

In the league this season and cups his record is no better than those before him the past few years. His name and name alone is sparing him from the wrath of the supporters. It won’t last though because next season he continues to make pish poor decisions like this season he won’t last.

Very true but I'm hoping that after his first season in senior football management he gets a fucking grip and sends the right players out to win games. None of this rotation/my signings crap that lets us down.

Just now, Malvern said:

Provide a good cross would be a start as he is always bombing forward and leaving a gap behind him.

There were a couple of good crosses though, and good exchanges of passes like the one that led to Kent taking a heavy touch before it fell to Tav again to shoot. The expectations on him to win games for us himself is far too high from many. He never hides from receiving the ball even if there's a man on him, and far more often than not he finds one of our players with it. 

Far from excellent tonight but one of the players who did his job. Arfield, Jack, Kent, Morelos and then when they came on Defoe, Lafferty and Davis are where any pointing of fingers should be going.

Archived