***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

Just now, Malvern said:

Okay, but tell us your real thoughts on the performance...

I would get a ban

Of all the crap we’ve sat through in the past few years, they still manage to let us down time after time.  They don’t deserve us.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We don't really have a plethora of options tbf. 

2 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We don't really have a plethora of options tbf. 

I fail to understand why they were brought in and why they get a place on the bench.

They have proven that they cannot make a difference so  even promoting a youngster would hardly be a gamble compared to these two.

10 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Season finished and it's only March. 

Absolutely embarrassing performance. Our play in the final 3rd is absolutely disgusting 

In the summer our priority better be to get some genuine quality in the final 3rd. We ain't winning a thing with the players there just now. 

There just isn't any 'keep believing' faith in these players. There's not enough quality in the squad to see the lesser players through cause most are of lesser quality.

Well Gerrard certainly looks downbeat and admitted Aberdeen looked like they wanted it more in certain areas which he admits is worrying. , says he’s too angry to speak with the players.  He takes full responsibility, but I doubt all will be rosy now and expect some of these never has beens to seriously down tools now.

2 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

They have proven that they cannot make a difference so  even promoting a youngster would hardly be a gamble compared to these two.

I am not against that idea.

16 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

This. I see people coming out with this "Comfortable win" and "Dominated at home" pish.. reality is that their first goal was a massive blunder on our part and the secon was a consequence of the first one. We hit the post and they defended like their life depended on it with bodies thrown to block passes etc.. it was anything but "comfortable" for them. We couldnt score - thats it. We played them off the park, when we werent actually kicked off it. If the ref done his job then they wouldnt be allowed to play the way they did. If they wouldnt have been allowed to play like they did then we might have been talking about our next game in this cup. But hey...

That wouldn't have been fair at all, the fucking SPFL would have been raging!

Stil not excusing the players as lumping the ball forward against 9 men behind the ball is just stupidity that even I know.

17 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Tranny shagger had millions, so one of the two things you said wans't needed.  Delia lost a bunch of games and got sacked.

Your bottom line is just total nonsense.  It's hard to even respond to because it's so stupid.  Good big teams lose to good wee teams all the fucking time in football.

Gerrard has had millions! His record against Mcinnes is WOEFUL all things considered.

Big sides lose to wee sides all the time in isolation. You cannot seriously defend our record under Gerrard against the sheep and say any cunt could play 11 men behind the ball, long balls yada, yada, yada...

bottom line is we should be beating them regularly and SG has been proven not good enough. Transfer budget, Wage budget, training facilities, staff budget yet Mcinnes regularly gets one over us.

But yeah, it’s Mcinnes stupid tactics and nae cunt can beat them with our budget 🙈

3 minutes ago, Malvern said:

That wouldn't have been fair at all, the fucking SPFL would have been raging!

Stil not excusing the players as lumping the ball forward against 9 men behind the ball is just stupidity that even I know.

We can agree on that. When up against 9 behind the ball.. you need patience and creativity. You need to have patterns of play and patterns of runs drilled in to the team. Slow the game down and then bursts of pace and fast play. This is of course easier said than done, unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Just seen the result and the team; did Gerrard really put the two Irish duds on and think they would win the game? Clueless!

when that happened it was worse than seeing Borna fucking damn near everything up, I knew we had lost then.

3 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We can agree on that. When up against 9 behind the ball.. you need patience and creativity. You need to have patterns of play and patterns of runs drilled in to the team. Slow the game down and then bursts of pace and fast play. This is of course easier said than done, unfortunately.

Yet we have two of the best players to do it in Morelos and Defoe but nah we will just lump it forward and the ten foot dwarf will jump and put it in front of a striker before ducking under the ball! (You may notice I am no fan of Lafferty and the less said about Davis the better, only time I heard his name was when he got booked but there was another player covering him!)

Fuck sake, where's my heart pills?

17 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

The way I feel we'll be singing "We're shite and we know we are" soon and having a laugh about it. It's a fuckin disgrace that SG can't beat Aberdeen yet there's no way I'd want their manager anywhere near our club. We have better players yet are so inconsistent or don't have the bottle. I just don't know what it is but it's pissing me off. Why can't our manager win big games? If it's because players can't step up then sell the fuckers!

I'm still up for SG next season but he's got to start winning sides and keep it going. Sell the dross. No shite, ex-players, favourites, fuck all that can't match the opposition and give 100% for 90 minutes. Last chance saloon stuff. And even some change in tactics during games wouldn't go amiss (even a fuckin sub now and again). 

He would not be able to kick the fuck out of everyone in sight at Ibrox so forget it, christ i would rather die and kill my cats too than have that scruffy wee bastard in our home.

36 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Just home.  Soaked, freezing, £50 odd quid and utterly pissed off.

Totally putrid performance, not one of them turned up - once again let the fans down big time. 

Fuck them.

Exact same feeling as myself, left the house at 4 today, soaked to the bone from the moment I left to watch that utter shitshow.

The only saving grace was the pub, actually wish we just fucking stayed there now.

8 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Yet we have two of the best players to do it in Morelos and Defoe but nah we will just lump it forward and the ten foot dwarf will jump and put it in front of a striker before ducking under the ball! (You may notice I am no fan of Lafferty and the less said about Davis the better, only time I heard his name was when he got booked but there was another player covering him!)

Fuck sake, where's my heart pills?

Yep. You could see us in panic mode early first half. at that point we had plenty of time.. it was very important that we took our time and made sure we got the equaliser. Unfortunately it was panic and the players really felt the pressure. 

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The most annoying thing is we had the game won in the first tie and just like tonight we blew it.

We are incapable of putting up shutters.

Gerrard needs to learn that when you have a lead you protect it first and foremost 

I genuinely think its the opposite, they need to go and finish teams not sit on 1 goal leads thinking things will be ok as our defence is clearly not good enough to do that.

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I genuinely think its the opposite, they need to go and finish teams not sit on 1 goal leads thinking things will be ok as our defence is clearly not good enough to do that.

To be fair I have been worried about Goldson for a few weeks now, we all know about Worral. Not sure if it is because they have to cover both flanks with no DM in place (Like McCrorie) but something doesn't feel balanced to me.

1 minute ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

We were trying to finish them off but we could all see it wasn’t happening second half, that’s what I mean, the boss should have seen that and adjusted the tatics to suit, protect what we had instead of hammering away and risk the breakaway.

Just now, Malvern said:

To be fair I have been worried about Goldson for a few weeks now, we all know about Worral.

I don't know whats happened with Goldson but his form has fell off a cliff.

About 6/7 months on and i'm still baffled with Gerrards decision to break up the Goldson/Katic partnership, we have been on the downward ever since. Certainly not the only problem but one of many.

I can see why people would bring up the general play as we did completely dominate the game from that perspective. But that's also a reflection of us losing the first goal so early. As soon as that happened Aberdeen were just going to sit in and defend until we equalised and we never did.

We might have dominated the game anyway (I'd say we've dominated all of the games against them except the first Scottish Cup game which was more even) but as soon as it went 1-0 Aberdeen had no intention of attacking.

3 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I don't know whats happened with Goldson but his form has fell off a cliff.

About 6/7 months on and i'm still baffled with Gerrards decision to break up the Goldson/Katic partnership, we have been on the downward ever since. Certainly not the only problem but one of many.

Check out Liverpool with VVD leading the back, check numbers of goals from last year (I know better keeper but we have as well) and it shows how good and integral a strong commanding central defender is. I don't think Goldson likes giving the old man Worral a bollocking for some reason, I would be kicking his arse at times (thought the game before tonight he was good IMO).

Archived