The silence is deafening

BLUEDIGNITY

Just now, Bears r us said:

Can you imagine how that would have been reported by the BBC if it had been Broon or if it had been a Rangers fan doing it. 

I think that is what makes me so annoyed with our board, they must know we are being fucked over by the BBC and media in general but just keep taking it up the arse. If they keep this up we will have to get it across to them we the fans have had enough.

You notice they had to get a broken seat thrown onto an empty pitch from the Rangers end after they had just seen our captain assaulted. 

Dumbcaster finally speaks ...

SPFL to 'take appropriate steps' after pitch invasion

Andy Coyle2 hours ago

Neil Doncaster condemned the "reprehensible behaviour" of fan who confronted Rangers captain.

Doncaster says the incident will be studied by the SPFL. SNS Group

The SPFL have said that they will review the incident where a fan confronted Rangers captain James Tavernier on the pitch at Easter Road and will "take appropriate steps" after speaking to the police.

Tavernier was targeted by a pitch invader during the match with Hibs on Friday night.

The defender was on the touchline preparing to take a throw-in when a fan, who appeared to come from the home end, ran up and kicked the ball away.

Tavernier reacted by pushing him away.

The pitch invader was eventually grabbed by security and a Police Scotland spokesman confirmed that a 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

In a statement issued on Sunday afternoon, SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: "We utterly condemn the reprehensible behaviour shown by the individual who invaded the pitch ‪on Friday night‬ in the match between Hibernian and Rangers. We welcome the comments made by Hibernian chief executive Leeann Dempster in tackling unacceptable conduct.

"We will of course review the specific circumstances of that event in conjunction with the match delegate and the police and take any appropriate steps."

Following the final whistle on Friday, Hibs chief executive Dempster said "nothing was off the table" as clubs look to halt a rise in unacceptable behaviour. A week earlier at Easter Road a glass bottle was thrown at celtic's Scott Sinclair.

Asked if the club would consider closing a stand as a result of the flashpoint, Dempster said: "I think this is a challenge for the whole game, but we are in the middle of it.

"I don't think anything is off the table, to be honest.

"Instead of talking about a good game of football we are talking about an idiot - again.

"So nothing can be off the table.

"If there's a case to be answered then we will deal with the SFA and the SPFL. But I'm not thinking about that just now.

"I'm sitting here embarrassed because a supporter has come over the advertising hoarding and confronted a player. These are high profile matches and it's not good."

2 minutes ago, 72barca said:

The defender was on the touchline preparing to take a throw-in when a fan, who appeared to come from the home end, ran up and kicked the ball away.

It's absolutely confirmed he came from the home end, there's no doubt about it. Just always got to leave level of doubt when it's something has happened to us. I take it that report came from bbc...

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You notice they had to get a broken seat thrown onto an empty pitch from the Rangers end after they had just seen our captain assaulted. 

I had to have another look to see that it was part of a seat, they would not leave that out. Just a pity someone I assume in our end was stupid enough to throw it on. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I had to have another look to see that it was part of a seat, they would not leave that out. Just a pity someone I assume in our end was stupid enough to throw it on. 

Actually mate I’m surprised more didn’t come on we have had enough and it’s getting to the breaking point. 

6 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Do club spokesmen only work 9 till 5 Mon to Fri or does an attack on the Club Captain not merit some sort of statement at the weekend. Astonished Loyal. PS - that Scottish government not saying too much either, no hummer useless or eva braun tweeting their support or their disgust at the treatment of a Rangers player !

What sort of daft knee jerk reaction are you expecting on a weekend ffs? Apart from standard condemnation - you wait for Hibs, Cops or SFL/SFA to make their actions clear. All three have said they will take it further. They have to be given a chance to do their jobs correctly. Sorry if you were expecting our club to organise a mass burning of Easter Rd on a Sunday night, but it's not going to happen mate.

You are talking about a multi million pound organisation with worldwide support here that has an issue that may affect public and employee safety, not a tyre being let down on a bread van in a housing estate.

3 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

What sort of daft knee jerk reaction are you expecting on a weekend ffs? Apart from standard condemnation - you wait for Hibs, Cops or SFL/SFA to make their actions clear. All three have said they will take it further. They have to be given a chance to do their jobs correctly. Sorry if you were expecting our club to organise a mass burning of Easter Rd on a Sunday night, but it's not going to happen mate.

You are talking about a multi million pound organisation with worldwide support here that has an issue that may affect public and employee safety, not a tyre being let down on a bread van in a housing estate.

Right I’m not biting twice in the same thread. 😂

24 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Can you imagine how that would have been reported by the BBC if it had been Broon or if it had been a Rangers fan doing it. 

I think that is what makes me so annoyed with our board, they must know we are being fucked over by the BBC and media in general but just keep taking it up the arse. If they keep this up we will have to get it across to them we the fans have had enough.

Demo at BBC HQ Glasgow next Saturday. Come join us and make YOUR voice heard.

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Actually mate I’m surprised more didn’t come on we have had enough and it’s getting to the breaking point. 

I understand that CB, and it will be our board to blame if it does happen more often, for saying and doing nothing. They are playing with fire with this appeasement it will only get worse IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What a shit statement and the wording from the article is reprehensible, compare and contrast with the reaction down south. 

Appeared to come from the Home end?? We all fucking saw him come running down the steps ya fool. 

Confronted Tav who then pushed him away?? Tav being made to look like the aggressor. 

This is continuing narrative of blaming all things on Rangers players and support is going to get a supporter or player killed. 

I am not sure if there is not some 'reporting' in along with the statement, confused.com. :unsure:

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I understand that CB, and it will be our board to blame if it does happen more often, for saying and doing nothing. They are playing with fire with this appeasement it will only get worse IMO. 

The stupid pricks don’t see it, they have been treating us like a necessary evil for decades. I honestly believe they are happy to see us getting dehumanised again and again.

it puts us in our place in a way they cant in case we don’t cough up the money. 

6 minutes ago, shotstopper said:

Demo at BBC HQ Glasgow next Saturday. Come join us and make YOUR voice heard.

I have bumped that thread a few times and posted on it the day it was put up that unfortunately I had arranged before for Pam to take Broxi to Ibrox to see his sponsors.

If it had been any other day I would certainly have been there. I was at the last one as well. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I am not sure if there is not some 'reporting' in along with the statement, confused.com. :unsure:

Aye it was very well constructed so it was difficult to separate the statement from the narrative of the opinion piece. So it looked like the official line was nothing much happened and Tav actually was the aggressor. 

Guy who wrote it is a cunt of the highest order. 

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have bumped that thread a few times and posted on it the day it was put up that unfortunately I had arranged before for Pam to take Broxi to Ibrox to see his sponsors.

If it had been any other day I would certainly have been there. I was at the last one as well. 

Fair point - Broxi is a winner. For the rest of us - "Let's all gather by the river"

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Imagine this was Lennon we'd hear about it for a week at least sectarian abuse the lot.

Come tomorrow well be the only ones speaking about this.

Disgraceful

They would’ve called for a sectarian summit by now. 

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Take Broxi down and let him do a shit on their front door step. 😂

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye it was very well constructed so it was difficult to separate the statement from the narrative of the opinion piece. So it looked like the official line was nothing much happened and Tav actually was the aggressor. 

Guy who wrote it is a cunt of the highest order. 

I am glad you think that as well because I was a bit confused 😕 but could think that even Doncaster was that bad. 😂

6 hours ago, Sparkle said:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1104316186106494977

rancid spence thinks what happened to Tav is a joke 

The SPL statement doesn't even come out if it wasn't for the Rangers story being brought up in the national news following today's incident at Villa. Suddenly some of the Scottish media have to run with it and several related stories up, stating how terrible it is, whereas before it went national the most coverage it would get was people like Spence (quoted above) making jokes about it as it was a Ranger's player.

Still a piss-poor statement though.

29 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Somebody with baws to even mention it would've done, this isn't knee jerk stuff, this is happening to us on a regular basis now, this one could've been fatal not a tyre being let down on a bread van in a housing estate. Let's hope they get their finger out now and do something but I won't hold my breath Mate !