SFA & SPFL to introduce new measures to combat crowd trouble

Bears r us

Teams in this league are poor enough how are they going to afford stadium closures and fines 😂

I’m surprised people in the media/SFA are unhappy about the recent fan behaviour, usually they love any excuse to paint the game here in a negative light. 

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Singing is far worse than throwing bottles, cans or coins or indeed punching people.

It will be interesting if and how they define ‘sectarian’ from ‘political’ singing, I’ve got a feeling I know the way this could be going, but hopefully not...

Who would have thought a Birmingham fan clumping Jack Grealish would have indirectly affected us by giving the authorities another stick to beat us with, there will soon be zero enjoyment going to the game with no atmosphere, on the plus side anyone working in the bodycam, hi viz or barrier markets with see work aplenty, statement is an ill thought out hastily printed piece of shite in reaction to the swift condemnation by the English authorities regarding the Birmingham incident { we better dae something being the mindset}

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Seems like a statement about a future statement. :thinking:

The Scottish FA and Scottish Professional Football League are to introduce new measures to help tackle unacceptable conduct among fans.

The governing bodies held talks after recent high-profile incidents including coin throwing, fans confronting players and sectarian singing.

The new sanctions are due to be announced this week.

One measure being considered is to give clubs the power to apply for banning orders that would cover all stadiums.

SPFL clubs have continually resisted calls to introduce a zero tolerance approach - known as strict liability - that could result in fines, stadium closures and even points deductions, following bad behaviour.

League rules state clubs will escape punishment if they can prove all practicable steps were taken to prevent unacceptable conduct.

One thing that does bug me is equating zero tolerance with strict liability - they are different things. 

There should be zero tolerance against illegal acts - pitch invasions, coin throwing etc. And those involved should be hammered. The club, any club, should not be held responsible for idiots. 

34 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

One thing that does bug me is equating zero tolerance with strict liability - they are different things. 

There should be zero tolerance against illegal acts - pitch invasions, coin throwing etc. And those involved should be hammered. The club, any club, should not be held responsible for idiots. 

What things are being highlighted currently as problematic aren't illegal?

7 hours ago, ianb1547 said:

enough to get him the jail

as the Sheriff said,  "The nature of the offence has caused a lot of discussion and concern and is a serious matter."

I'd lay odds on 2 to 3 months inside............................................................

which, when you compare to some 'causing death by careless driving' that have suspended sentences (i.e. no jail time) is pretty severe

There is no way he’s going to jail, slap on the wrist. 

6 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I see another way for them to make Rangers lose money. 

If you means fines, I'd disagree. If you mean stadium closure and docked points to allow the scum a freer run at continued title wins and CL monies then very much so.

24 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

There is no way he’s going to jail, slap on the wrist. 

If he was going to jail he'd have been remanded in custody. Community service, tag, fine type punishment will be his lot.

Policing is a major issue here. 

The attendance was about what? 17k and we had about 4-5k? We had at least triple the amount of police at the away end compared to the rest of the stadium on Friday. 

That number increased when the Hibs fan attacked Tav. 

This picture is after the incident from the exact spot where the fan ran on. 

I find that amazing 

7CA41DAA-6AD3-4143-A80F-C727B7869BFF.jpeg

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If you means fines, I'd disagree. If you mean stadium closure and docked points to allow the scum a freer run at continued title wins and CL monies then very much so.

I can see the stadium closure with docked points  but like all the rest will apply to 1 team only as they on,y see incidents when it's our fans / club.

Hibs fans got a slap on the wrist with the cup behaviour  when they should have lifted the lot of them  on the park.

We said it would get worse as they had done nothing Because it was against Rangers so it was open season.

They  have allowed other clubs /fans to abuse us as fair game  so now it's getting out of control.

I don't think they should dock points as that would be unfair for the club .

Every club has its nutters  but when you have a bigger support it's normal to have more than a wee 5000-10000 club.

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Motherwell fans invaded the pitch and goaded. They also assaulted Mcculloch.

Hivs fans invaded the pitch, assaulted players and fans in the SCF.

Hivs fan invades the pitch and assaults our player. 

Yet we are number one target due to singing. Only in the Republic of Scotland.

But we will never hear our club speak out against it which makes me so angry.

They should be highlighting it to the world as it effects sponsors and attitudes against us.

Just now, surfsup2 said:

But we will never hear our club speak out against it which makes me so angry.

They should be highlighting it to the world as it effects sponsors and attitudes against us.

The club did speak out after the SCF. Then made it worse than having said nothing with the backtracking.

10 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Strict liability would kill attendances as everyone would need to be filmed for the entire game in order to have irrefutable evidence that would stand up in court. 

Just noticed that the guy that twatted Grealish got 14 weeks, clearly the English have set the bar. Not expecting the Scottish system to even consider giving the wanker at our game any jail time but can only hope it deters the wanks that may consider doing something similar.

He's been charged with breach of the peace. Meanwhile Man City have set aside millions for victims of historical abuse and an official club apology. 

12 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

"One measure being considered is to give clubs the power to apply for banning orders that would cover all stadiums."

The scum fans have recently fought with themselves, fought the polis, punched polis horses, fought opponents support, invaded pitches, aggressively fronted up to opponents players on pitch, flung coins and bottles, smashed seats, and been caught on mass (pun intended ) calling Boyd and Gerrard Orange Bastards.

Has anyone heard of any / many being identified by the club and banned by the club? No me neither. 

This is a club that go out of their way to support the rebellious element amongst their support. They're even known to welcome them and give them tours etc after fighting polis abroad.

They've never done more than banned TGB for 2 games due to fines, before welcoming them back worse than ever.

The fuck the scum are going to start engaging and grassing up their own, it's not the way of the cult. This is doomed to fail at most clubs.

Although I suppose whilst the scum refuse to play ball, and their fans get away with all sorts, we just know Rangers security will be rubbing their hands in anticipation..

9 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yes, this just will be another stick to beat us.

There won't be any set criteria to apply it consistently, but the usual behind closed door reviews by the faceless.

Will they come out with what equates to sectarian singing beforehand and the tarriffs for it? What about political chants not allowed by UEFA? Will they be up for sanction?

What tarriffs for coin throwing or other objects Pitch invasions, assualts by fans and so on?

I see a major stitch up on the way and we are it!

Excellent and to the point guys.
Looks like we better brace ourselves for the shit storm heading our way,aided and abetted by the anti Rangers agenda coming from the papish element in the Scottish Parliament. 

2 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He's been charged with breach of the peace. Meanwhile Man City have set aside millions for victims of historical abuse and an official club apology. 

Are you trying to compare what happened on Friday to what happened at Man City?

Why not work with the English on this one , same problem a day apart .

Lets get twice the number of people thinking about the problem 

I hope that we can also get a clear list of what is acceptable to sing or isn't .

I would like fan groups and even lawyers to have a look and see what is actually offensive or sectarian . 

Would the billy boys not pass the test , fenian not actually being a sectarian word ?

15 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Although I suppose whilst the scum refuse to play ball, and their fans get away with all sorts, we just know Rangers security will be rubbing their hands in anticipation..

Reminds me of the days that baw bag Alistair Hood was mooching about Ibrox looking to ban supporters left right and centre. An ex cop, he was nicknamed the Hooded Claw. Plenty supporters got bans back then because of him, but I don't recall any of the mhanks getting the same treatment from their club