RFC v Sheep - Post Match Rant

Ace

21 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Tonight was a case of them being more up for it.

Our players thought they were the better team and just needed to turn up to win at home. But it was a cold rainy windy night in Glasgow and ours couldn't be fucked with it.

A few years ago I won a good few quid when Man City had to go to Newcastle on Boxing Day. Thinking was, City's superstars will be fucked off with having to play this game after missing their Christmas, and at lunchtime in the freezing cold. They think they're better than that.

Gerrard should know that this sort of shit happens in teams and should be all over it IMO.

He's actually mentioned it a few times so I think he does know, just for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be getting it through to the players. 

I really don't know where we go from here man. 

I'm also at the end of me tether with Alfredo too. 

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He's actually mentioned it a few times so I think he does know, just for whatever reason he doesn't seem to be getting it through to the players. 

I really don't know where we go from here man. 

I'm also at the end of me tether with Alfredo too. 

He should take them training for a week in that snow thing at Braehead and make them run home afterwards.

2 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Tonight was a case of them being more up for it.

Our players thought they were the better team and just needed to turn up to win at home. But it was a cold rainy windy night in Glasgow and ours couldn't be fucked with it.

A few years ago I won a good few quid when Man City had to go to Newcastle on Boxing Day. Thinking was, City's superstars will be fucked off with having to play this game after missing their Christmas, and at lunchtime in the freezing cold. They think they're better than that.

Gerrard should know that this sort of shit happens in teams and should be all over it IMO.

Same old same old. Every fucking team always seems to be more up for it than we are. If our players think they are they better team and just  have to show up and win, Christ knows how they ever got that notion. Not having a go at you 'cause what you said is the gospel truth; just so damn tired of seeing this Groundhog day crap repeat itself ad infinitum.

9 hours ago, Bighouse said:

The only reason we are second is because Aberdeen sold Adam Rooney.

7 hours ago, Bertent said:

First placed loser what a standard to attain. 

You can't moan about there being no progress when finishing 2nd is literal progress, no matter how shite it may be. 

6 hours ago, hando said:

If your trying to down play going from the first round of qualification into the group stages, hanging on with 9 men against UFA, going to the last game of the group stages against spartak moscow, villareal and rapid vienna, with a new manager and new players especially when we had been knocked out by part timers the season before then your off your head. yes some of the teams we qualified against were unknown but thats obviously going to happen when you start qualification so early. Everyone would have bitten your hand off for that euro run at the start of the season, nevermind 6 years ago.

Play down just being honest no point harking back to what happened at the start of the season as when you do that you know that things have really gone wrong.

8 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

King is heading down the road of a treble treble under his watch. He is No 1 and make no doubt about it this is going to be the worst footballing period in our history.

Its definitely one of the them already.

Only counting years in the top flight - the last time we went three seasons without a major trophy was in the late 60s and in that period we finished second every time and reached a European final.

11 hours ago, Mr Soprano said:

Genuinely started laughing when he made the changes after it went 2. His reactive manner, than a proactive approach, has and will continue to hurt us.

Two games in a row as well.

We are dreadful and panickey with the ball. No calmness and that’s why we give the ball away far too much. Lack of composure.

fwiw I do t think mcinnes rejected us because of lack of ambition or whatever rumours folks make up. I think he realised for the budget we had/have he could never be regarded as a successful Rangers manager. When your main rival is buying from a different pool of players then there’s no chance. Whereas half our squad wouldn’t look out of place in the Aberdeen team actually.  I’d have McKenna over any of our cb’s based on what I’ve seen over the 6 games- even have Lewis Ferguson over Ryan Kent and candeias, cosgrove over lafferty. 

Were just not very good