Sell Morelos and Tav for rebuild

middli

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Tav? Are you serious? Have you seen him recently? Who would buy him? Lazy fuckin useless cunt. Needs the armband taken off him pronto!

Only one bar Morelos I can think of that has attracted offers and interest

Just now, LegendofCoop said:

Tav? Are you serious? Have you seen him recently? Who would buy him? Lazy fuckin useless cunt. Needs the armband taken off him pronto!

Tav will be sold for around 5m quid.

He is an attacking rb who scores goals and gets a bunch of assists.

I agree about the armband though, I don't think he is a captain.

Tav can bolt, Morelos can go. We need the funds and to build a system around the squad not just one or two players.

The one system we have playing Morelos up on his own doesn't work against hammer throwers. We need a TEAM system, not to play around one or two individuals which is what we currently have with Tav and Morelos.

1 minute ago, middli said:

Only one bar Morelos I can think of that has attracted offers and interest

I get where you're coming from, and yes.....I think we should punt him. Probably should have accepted West Brom's bid and bought an actual RB.

Just now, gogzy said:

Tav will be sold for around 5m quid.

He is an attacking rb who scores goals and gets a bunch of assists.

I agree about the armband though, I don't think he is a captain.

Has he only scored 2 goals other than penalties? I can't remember now. I'm picking on him after the last two games, and probably being unfair on him. I just see him as the main weak link in our defence just now. 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

And trust Mark Allen & Steven Gerrard to reinvest it on players who will improve us? Because their track record hasn’t been great so far.

Got to trust they will learn from their mistakes. January on paper looked like an excellent window. They'll be in their jobs, just have to hope they can get it right.

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

I get where you're coming from, and yes.....I think we should punt him. Probably should have accepted West Brom's bid and bought an actual RB.

Has he only scored 2 goals other than penalties? I can't remember now. I'm picking on him after the last two games, and probably being unfair on him. I just see him as the main weak link in our defence just now. 

15 goals and 17 assists for the season.  

10 minutes ago, middli said:

Would you accept this to fund a rebuild if it meant bringing in 4 or 5 players for about £5m each? Signing your Jordon Jones and Jake Hasties isn’t going to sort this.

Too move us forward I'd sell both 

For different reasons 

1 minute ago, Sket said:

Doesn't fucking matter what we do because we will find ourselves in the same position again next season. We are fucking losers from top to bottom.

Fucking sick of this absolute embarrassing shite.

Ten in a row will lose us a generation of fans IMO

Tavernier's a decent player who will create down the wing for any decent team. And he is an asset I'd like to keep,mostly those around him that need sorting. 

What he doesn't need is the responsibility of the Captain's armband and a couple of undependable centre backs  covering, and no midfield players wiling to take the ball and create, and cover in front of him.

We lack quality, we've had an outlay this season again and we're not beating the Top6 as it is. What's the point in generating a pile of funds if you then spend it on players who lack the character needed to become winners. It's scary how much we've spent in the last three seasons and we've not one trophy or a cup final to show for it.