Ryan Jack

jjbscotty12

Can we cross reference all these threads made for about half the team now to what was said after the last scum game?

Jack was poor tonight and poor against Hibs but there have been plenty of games where he has been excellent. Not excellent compared to Barry Ferguson's excellent, but excellent compared to what the best in this league offers presently.

Also, how anyone can say their midfield dominated ours tonight is beyond me seeing as the cunts had about 5% possession. It's the same every time Aberdeen have had a result against us, they completely bypassed their midfield with long punts up the pitch or into the crowd. Ferguson and Shinnie barely made half a dozen passes between them.

1 hour ago, Gman36 said:

I know, and there's rumours about signing shinnie too. 

What chance we got with shinnie and Jack in the team. A team of sheep rejects who barely laid a glove on the scum. Hardly likely to be the step up in quality we need. 

Shinnie and Jack (when he was at Aberdeen) got let off with murder there and are fucked here. Pointless signings, fuck sake bring back the wee man (you know who he is).

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Least of our worries but wouldn't be starting him and Kamara, far too simillar

He’s one of the biggest problems , no Rangers league winning teams had centre mids that point blank refuses to try and create of play a forward pass , I’ve read and heard its not his job , pish , it’s a fake position for a shite midfielder 

1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

He’s one of the biggest problems , no Rangers league winning teams had centre mids that point blank refuses to try and create of play a forward pass , I’ve read and heard its not his job , pish , it’s a fake position for a shite midfielder 

Dont agree at all mate, he's someone I think would look better alongside better players

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Dont agree at all mate, he's someone I think would look better alongside better players

Proper Rangers plsyers are good enough on their own mate don’t need to rely on others , I’ve never rated him , I can’t even give him he wins the ball etc cause he hardly tackles either 

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Should be shot for the amount of chances he cannot seem to get on target.

Shinnie is fucking hoachin

Arfield averages a handful of goals a season, I don't think he was brought in with the intention of him playing in an attacking role, but for whatever reason has been shoehorned into a position he's completely unsuitable for. 

As for Jack, the epitome of a 'neat and tidy' player who's done well to make a good living from a very limited skillset. 

2 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Incredibly limited footballer. Makes the occasional good run beyond the striker but the guy is a truly awful finisher so there's basically no point.

Yup. Runs are good, yet no pace or finishing ability. Struggle to see what his position offers. He's not a ball playing 10, so we are light in midfield, when a 433 should offer 3 or 4 passing options. 

But I'm fucking scunnered, so, you know 😠

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

Yup. Runs are good, yet no pace or finishing ability. Struggle to see what his position offers. He's not a ball playing 10, so we are light in midfield, when a 433 should offer 3 or 4 passing options. 

But I'm fucking scunnered, so, you know 😠

Agreed 

A team comprised of :

Jack and shinnie. Two ex sheep who could do nothing against the scum on many occasions. 

Grezda, katic and Barasic : three guys from a team we pumped out of the Europa League second qualifying round. 

So that's near enough half a team of failures from the word go. How in the fuck is that a team that's going to get anywhere near the scum?

10 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Least of our worries but wouldn't be starting him and Kamara, far too simillar

said the same, too many sideward passes, imo kamara is the better of the two, id drop jack for McCrorie, at least RM gets forward and gets in about them, bullies players etc. 

He's at the top of his very own self imposed ability level.   He's not going to improve from there.   Good enough for Aberdeen but the responsibility at Rangers is too much for him and he's not able or willing to lift his game on a consistent enough basis for Rangers' needs.   

Like so many players who manage to win a transfer to Rangers they settle into accepting the higher wages in return for the occasional half decent performance and use the Club as a means of improving their bank balance for a while.   Then they are found out and exit.  And in a lot of cases over recent seasons they disappear into  football obscurity while drawing on the illusion of having been good enough to play for Rangers.    More the fool the Rangers scouting system and Board for thinking such players were good enough in the first case. 

A one-game wonder. 

Been saying for months, even during the Jack love in that we seemed to be having....he's just not a very good footballer. He's neat and tidy in a no risk football Jason Holt sort of way, however....he doesn't boss games, he's not particularly athletic, he's not quick, his passing is limited to short and safe, he can't create, he's not great in the air, he doesn't score many, he slows play down. I could find you a dozen Ryan Jack's. A steady Eddie who has no place as a sure starter in a proper Rangers team. 

Gerard has a blind spot for Jack and the sooner he realises that we need to replace him the better we will be.

Just now, bluenoz said:

He has been playing injured which was the wrong thing to do and his game dropped off but before that he was outstanding for about a five week stretch. 

Hes an average footballer, outstanding is a bit of a stretch. I think we need better than him in our midfield next season to challenge.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He has been playing injured which was the wrong thing to do and his game dropped off but before that he was outstanding for about a five week stretch. 

He's never been outstanding. He's a passable midfielder but not even top 10 in our league. He's watched a few Barry videos, he constantly comes deep, takes it from Goldson or Worral then remembers hes not Barry he's Ryan Jack. A couple of 5 yard passes later we are no further forward. Just let the defenders play a 5-10 yard pass wide themselves and actually try to influence the game in midfield.