Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People are going to slate Gerrard but tbh what did he do wrong tonight? 

It's a shite result so he's going to cop some flak but what else would you have done different? Played McCrorie? Instead of who? Kamara has been one of our better players the last 2 games. Played Katic? Worrall has been excellent recently and I don't even like the guy. Played Halliday? We saw in the last game why we needed Barisic back in. Dropped Morelos? The majority of this board wanted Morelos to start 

He's the manager so the buck stops with him but the players are consistently letting him down now and he has no alternatives at this stage of the season. If Candeias plays a simple 10 yard pass to Morelos or Kent and we equalise it's a different story. Kamara doesn't play McGinn in and it's a different story. Arfield doesn't scuff his shot straight into a defender from 15 yards out and it's a different story

Gerrard will carry the can for this if this bullshit continues into next season but I'm not going to throw him under the bus yet. 

Because he is manager and it always falls at his feet, why have one at all if they don’t have the responsibility for setting us up correctly and being able to change games 

This guys not going to win us anything. Hasnt figured out how to beat fucking aberdeen! Murty managed that with a shit squad. I see no patterns of play on our game apart from the usual centre back to full back then up the line. Movement off the ball is embarrassing. They look like players that dont have a plan. We're lumped with gerrard for another year which fills me with utter dread.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Because he is manager and it always falls at his feet, why have one at all if they don’t have the responsibility for setting us up correctly and being able to change games 

He did set us up correctly IMO the players were just fucking shite

That was pretty much our best XI out there tonight

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's a shite result so he's going to cop some flak but what else would you have done different? Played McCrorie? Instead of who? Kamara has been one of our better players the last 2 games. Played Katic? Worrall has been excellent recently and I don't even like the guy. Played Halliday? We saw in the last game why we needed Barisic back in. Dropped Morelos? The majority of this board wanted Morelos to start 

He's the manager so the buck stops with him but the players are consistently letting him down now and he has no alternatives at this stage of the season. If Candeias plays a simple 10 yard pass to Morelos or Kent and we equalise it's a different story. Kamara doesn't play McGinn in and it's a different story. Arfield doesn't scuff his shot straight into a defender from 15 yards out and it's a different story

Gerrard will carry the can for this if this bullshit continues into next season but I'm not going to throw him under the bus yet. 

I agree.  It was probably our strongest team starting and there were a lot of posters saying that before the game. The players let him and us down tonight. Bottle merchants.

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He did set us up correctly IMO the players were just fucking shite

That was pretty much our best XI out there tonight

He didn’t. That formation doesn’t work against them, they bossed us. 

He didn’t change it and we continued to do nothing all game. A managers job is to set us up and change if things are not going to plan. He couldn’t do it and doesn’t seem capable of doing it when we are in trouble.

Tonights on him and the players 

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The problem is the what-ifs have happened time after time after time.

The players have shown in glimpses they are capable so for me either they aren't being coached correctly or they aren't reacting to management. Not sure which it is but both are worrying.

Where's the rest of it, it's clearly been edited. 

You watch him in his press conferences, before matches and after whether it's been a win, loss or draw and he says alot of the right things. He makes you believe what he's saying and you think because he is who he is that what he's told you is going to work. 

More often than not though it doesn't and that's a huge problem. Whether he's incapable of getting his point across or the players just aren't good enough is up for debate, what isn't is that I'm sick of hearing about reactions, taking responsibility, learning from mistakes etc because the reality is that all of that is utter bullshit. 

22 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

Doesn't want to speak to them because he is angry? Prick. That is exactly what needs to do right now. Sir Alex Ferguson didn't become arguably the best manager ever due to sitting down with players on the back of an unaccpetable defeat over some afternoon tea for fuck sake.

“I take full responsibility” to then “I can’t talk to them right now, I’m too angry”

Which is it Gerrard you fucking melt? Who’s fault is it? 

If he wants to take full responsibility then he should take it. He needs to stop talking utter guff

6 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Where's the rest of it, it's clearly been edited. 

You watch him in his press conferences, before matches and after whether it's been a win, loss or draw and he says alot of the right things. He makes you believe what he's saying and you think because he is who he is that what he's told you is going to work. 

More often than not though it doesn't and that's a huge problem. Whether he's incapable of getting his point across or the players just aren't good enough is up for debate, what isn't is that I'm sick of hearing about reactions, taking responsibility, learning from mistakes etc because the reality is that all of that is utter bullshit. 

I noticed aswell. He must have slaughtered somebody

18 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

If you read Sir Alex’s books he states he never actually blasted them after games. Half time yes but never directly after.

Let them stew and made them shite themselves to come to the next training.

This, he has the ability not to react emotionally... 

Unlike 99% of the forum tonight..

Worrying thing is if the players aren’t doing or working the way he wants them, then he’s not up to being a manager.

He knows how the sheep would play especially if they got in front but he is unable to find ways of breaking them down when they do.

The subs were a sign of desperation 

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I agree with you mate but it scares me the number of our supporters that want rid of SG now.

Who do they want ? McCoist, Murty, Pedro, McCall, Warburton? This season was always about rebuilding, and we’ve done alright, all things considered.

However, if we all want to throw our hands up in the air like a wee shower of fairy godmother (or godfather) princesses (princes) and give up, what’s the plan for next season? Maybe McInnes might change his mind ? :duh: