Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

28 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Guy doesnt have the bottle for it , Smith or Souness would slaughter that team and Morelos especially.

Hes just said hes angry and is staying away from the players !

The game has moved on from those days, if Souness or Smith went into a changing room nowadays and acted like that the players would simply just down tools and eventually get him sacked. The days of going nuts at players are over and thats why Gerrard stayed away from the players as he would have completely lost it.

The only positive I have from that interview he is too angry to speak to the players just now, that could work two ways. 1st would be they get off with that piss again and the 2nd is he does not want to get done by HR but is going to have some people over the coals later.

We will have to see.

1 minute ago, Bears&Reds said:

The game has moved on from those days, if Souness or Smith went into a changing room nowadays and acted like that the players would simply just down tools and eventually get him sacked. The days of going nuts at players are over and thats why Gerrard stayed away from the players as he would have completely lost it.

How would we tellvthe difference between downed tools and their normal spineless displays. 

Just now, Bears&Reds said:

Absolute rubbish , that type of manager still exists and dont take any shit from prima donnas.

Gerrard should have been in there like a fuckin rocket at full time and gave them both barrels. Thats his problem the guy is far to soft , how many times is Morelos going to make him look like a mug , that guy tonight was a fuckin disgrace to the jersey and its happening more as the weeks go on and the manager does fuck all to sort it.

Calls it bang on but at the same time he decides to play Barisic ,he decides to give Ryan jack a new deal , he decides to bring up a clearly done Defoe and constantly find a way to get him in , the minute I seen him take his tracky top off tonight the game was 100% over 

29 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People are going to slate Gerrard but tbh what did he do wrong tonight? 

It's a shite result so he's going to cop some flak but what else would you have done different? Played McCrorie? Instead of who? Kamara has been one of our better players the last 2 games. Played Katic? Worrall has been excellent recently and I don't even like the guy. Played Halliday? We saw in the last game why we needed Barisic back in. Dropped Morelos? The majority of this board wanted Morelos to start 

He's the manager so the buck stops with him but the players are consistently letting him down now and he has no alternatives at this stage of the season. If Candeias plays a simple 10 yard pass to Morelos or Kent and we equalise it's a different story. Kamara doesn't play McGinn in and it's a different story. Arfield doesn't scuff his shot straight into a defender from 15 yards out and it's a different story

Gerrard will carry the can for this if this bullshit continues into next season but I'm not going to throw him under the bus yet. 

Exactly this. 

My only concern with Gerrard going forward is recruitment.

I want to know how big of a role Allen has played in the signings we've made. How many have been runaway successes? In general, they've either been out and out failures or the better ones mediocre at best.

We have Jones and if the rumours are true Shinnie to look forward to for next season - neither are anywhere fucking near good enough to be starters for us if we're looking to win the league.

Can't believe he's said he expects Davis to be here next season - Davis has shown fuck all to deserve that and should be booted out at the first opportunity. He's ready for Linfield or Crusaders.

I don’t think Gerrard had anything to lose after tonight to make it publicly clear, the failures tonight won’t be here next season, whatever bones he picks out of that game tonight he should have made it clear our season won’t be over by March next year to get me 100% backing him, the jury is now out on you Gerrard no more settling period or accepting mediocrity!

do your fucking job and get shot of the cunts you know will never make it as a footballer at Rangers and sign some players worthy of wearing the jersey 

1 minute ago, Tomatasauce said:

I don’t think Gerrard has anything to lose after tonight to make it publicly clear the failures tonight won’t be here next season, whatever bones he picks out of that game tonight he should have made it clear our season won’t be over by March next year to get me 100% backing him, the jury is now out on you Gerrard no more settling period or accepting mediocrity!

do your fucking job and get shot of the cunts you know will never make it as a footballer at Rangers and sign some players worthy of wearing the jersey 

And bring in more shite like Jordan Jones..........

46 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

People are going to slate Gerrard but tbh what did he do wrong tonight? 

It's a shite result so he's going to cop some flak but what else would you have done different? Played McCrorie? Instead of who? Kamara has been one of our better players the last 2 games. Played Katic? Worrall has been excellent recently and I don't even like the guy. Played Halliday? We saw in the last game why we needed Barisic back in. Dropped Morelos? The majority of this board wanted Morelos to start 

He's the manager so the buck stops with him but the players are consistently letting him down now and he has no alternatives at this stage of the season. If Candeias plays a simple 10 yard pass to Morelos or Kent and we equalise it's a different story. Kamara doesn't play McGinn in and it's a different story. Arfield doesn't scuff his shot straight into a defender from 15 yards out and it's a different story

Gerrard will carry the can for this if this bullshit continues into next season but I'm not going to throw him under the bus yet. 

Disagree mate, 4-3-3 with a flat tempo against this lot doesn't work, we've seen that this season

His subs were a disgrace again

And most worryingly he has failed to motivate the team for the biggest game of the season

33 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Where's the rest of it, it's clearly been edited. 

You watch him in his press conferences, before matches and after whether it's been a win, loss or draw and he says alot of the right things. He makes you believe what he's saying and you think because he is who he is that what he's told you is going to work. 

More often than not though it doesn't and that's a huge problem. Whether he's incapable of getting his point across or the players just aren't good enough is up for debate, what isn't is that I'm sick of hearing about reactions, taking responsibility, learning from mistakes etc because the reality is that all of that is utter bullshit. 

True mate they are taking their time learning from their mistakes ffs. All fucking season and they are still making them.

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Calls it bang on but at the same time he decides to play Barisic ,he decides to give Ryan jack a new deal , he decides to bring up a clearly done Defoe and constantly find a way to get him in , the minute I seen him take his tracky top off tonight the game was 100% over 

At least Defoe got the ball in the net, Lafferty ducked how many headers?

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Absolute rubbish , that type of manager still exists and dont take any shit from prima donnas.

Gerrard should have been in there like a fuckin rocket at full time and gave them both barrels. Thats his problem the guy is far to soft , how many times is Morelos going to make him look like a mug , that guy tonight was a fuckin disgrace to the jersey and its happening more as the weeks go on and the manager does fuck all to sort it.

At what successful club is there that type of manager? the PL top 6 has Sarri, Emery, Klopp, Pochetino, Solskjaer & Guardiola, not one of them will go into a changing room and start smashing shit, or calling the players all the names under the sun, Real Madrid? Barcelona? Bayern Munich? Juventus? nope. The only place you will get the odd manager who acts that way is in the lower leagues. The game has changed and its sad because a right good bollocking and smashing a few cups is exactly whats needed for some of them.

1 minute ago, Bears&Reds said:

At what successful club is there that type of manager? the PL top 6 has Sarri, Emery, Klopp, Pochetino, Solskjaer & Guardiola, not one of them will go into a changing room and start smashing shit, or calling the players all the names under the sun, Real Madrid? Barcelona? Bayern Munich? Juventus? nope. The only place you will get the odd manager who acts that way is in the lower leagues. The game has changed and its sad because a right good bollocking and smashing a few cups is exactly whats needed for some of them.

good old 'arry redknapp and people thinking of SAF. Times have changed however there is one constant in life, refs ain't giving fuck all protection to our players.

43 minutes ago, chris182 said:

The problem is the what-ifs have happened time after time after time.

The players have shown in glimpses they are capable so for me either they aren't being coached correctly or they aren't reacting to management. Not sure which it is but both are worrying.

I am certain now that too many do not have the courage and ability to play for us and if SG wants to keep his job he will have to weed out the ones who cannot cope. That was embarrassing to sit through tonight. 

Just now, Ivybank said:

Imagine giving this clown money to spend in the summer! Another John Flanagan on a 3 year contract on the horizon

On the negative side he's never ever beat a man but on the plus side he has beat a woman

Just now, Bears r us said:

I am certain now that too many do not have the courage and ability to play for us and if SG wants to keep his job he will have to weed out the ones who cannot cope. That was embarrassing to sit through tonight. 

I don't think he'll have an issue doing that, trouble is we'll have to pony up the resources for him to bring in replacements. Do we trust him to do that? Suppose we've got no option.