Candeias.

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

He is fake who pulls the wool over the eyes of some of our support. The myth he works hard  is the biggest misconception going   He is lazy and spends most of the game hiding and making himself unavailable to accept a pass his crossing is dire in all honesty he should be nowhere near a Rangers jersey !

Aye awright, whatever you say. :lol:

He does work hard whether you like it or not, whether he's Rangers class is a different point altogether - but who actually is in that team? 

"Gerrard needs to swing the shock axe on his head and bring Daniel Candeias back into the side.

Sky Sports pundit James McFadden has been raving over the Portuguese star’s influence when he starts – which has not been the case in two of the the last league outings – calling him a “standout performer” in his only Premiership start since the winter break and the former Ibrox star makes a good point.

Defoe is a classy player, there is no doubting that, but he is a poacher of goals, not a wide man who should be running down the flanks.

Candeias on the other hand is not only a quality attacker but a sensationally hard worker, tracking back to help out the defence – which you simply and understandably do not get with Defoe – before bursting forward to cause havoc at the other end of the pitch."

Like I said, he's been off the last few games but so has everyone, so why the hate towards him, a Pedro signing that was a success? Probably

I'll lay off the criticism of our ex player of the year for now and criticise the entire team just now - because they all deserve it - not just one player.

Pulls the wool over fans eyes, oh well GeeSS it must be great to have such great eyesight as yourself :lol:

I like him. He’s a hard worker that’s provided a few glimpses of quality and will probably be remembered fondly but by Christ he is nowhere near good enough for what we’re looking to achieve, nowhere near it. 

We’ve got players such as Barisic, Katic, Grezda and Middleton who definitely have potential but at the same time there’s too much deadweight alongside them in the squad to help them develop. Foderingham, Tav, Halliday, Candeias, Kamara and Lafferty are absolutely nowhere near good enough to even be squad players for a title winning Rangers team. 

Sell Morelos in the summer for hopefully around £15 million, get rid of the deadweight and hopefully with season ticket money, the European money and money (if any) we get from the deadweight we can hopefully bring in serious quality to fill these spaces and make a serious challenge. 

Theyll be weaker in the summer and we absolutely must pounce on that. 

20 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

He does work hard whether you like it or not, whether he's Rangers class is a different point altogether - but who actually is in that team? 

"Gerrard needs to swing the shock axe on his head and bring Daniel Candeias back into the side.

Sky Sports pundit James McFadden has been raving over the Portuguese star’s influence when he starts – which has not been the case in two of the the last league outings – calling him a “standout performer” in his only Premiership start since the winter break and the former Ibrox star makes a good point.

Defoe is a classy player, there is no doubting that, but he is a poacher of goals, not a wide man who should be running down the flanks.

Candeias on the other hand is not only a quality attacker but a sensationally hard worker, tracking back to help out the defence – which you simply and understandably do not get with Defoe – before bursting forward to cause havoc at the other end of the pitch."

Like I said, he's been off the last few games but so has everyone, so why the hate towards him, a Pedro signing that was a success? Probably

I'll lay off the criticism of our ex player of the year for now and criticise the entire team just now - because they all deserve it - not just one player.

Pulls the wool over fans eyes, oh well GeeSS it must be great to have such great eyesight as yourself :lol:

An extremely overrated player loved because of his work rate, garbage at Rangers and garbage his whole career

22 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

He's definitely not a quality attacker. I like him but he's not that 

"Hard worker" is nowhere near good enough in the last third of the pitch where games are won; he is simply not good enough and I said it last season too.  In some respects, all he offers is protection for the woeful defending of Tavernier so none of the right side is anywhere near good enough for a title challenge. Candeias is not any better than some of the journeymen that other teams have wide right. 

28 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

"Hard worker" is nowhere near good enough in the last third of the pitch where games are won; he is simply not good enough and I said it last season too.  In some respects, all he offers is protection for the woeful defending of Tavernier so none of the right side is anywhere near good enough for a title challenge. Candeias is not any better than some of the journeymen that other teams have wide right. 

I'd be looking to move both candieas and tav on in the summer. That right side is not going to get us where we want to be and have bad enough chances. 

Candieas I like him. But his crossing isn't consistent enough, he struggles to beat a man and he's not going to get any better. 

Tav has been the constant in our failures. We need a right back that first and foremost can defend. You see just how woeful his defending is when candieas doesn't offer protection. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I'd be looking to move both candieas and tav on in the summer. That right side is not going to get us where we want to be and have bad enough chances. 

Candieas I like him. But his crossing isn't consistent enough, he struggles to beat a man and he's not going to get any better. 

Tav has been the constant in our failures. We need a right back that first and foremost can defend. You see just how woeful his defending is when candieas doesn't offer protection. 

Seems to me there could be bids for Tav in summer and that he'd move on.   Polster should be ready by then to take over the RB slot.    Also seems to me its time for Candieas to move on.    Teams in Scotland now know the Tav & Candieas routines well enough and imo we need to freshen up and improve the RHS attack, and tighten up the RHS defence.

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He's definitely not a quality attacker. I like him but he's not that 

I'd agree with that, but this is where we are just now sadly. We do not have the required quality anywhere really. You could arguably say we have one quality striker and one quality aging goalkeeper. I don't see how we're going to get out of this without spending.

Candeias never looks to beat a man which I find strange because he's no slouch. However, he can create chances without needing to do that as his game seems to be about getting the ball and whipping in a cross regardless of who is in the box. 

He has put in plenty of quality into the box before, but it just seems to be a complete lucky dip when he delivers the ball. Summed up for me against Aberdeen when he got the better of his man at the byline and brought the ball towards the box, before smashing a cross miles over everyone.

It''s a tough one with him because he is capable of showing up and delivering the goods and had a purple patch earlier in the season, however, it's difficult to remember that with the shite he's offering at the moment. Feels like we are getting no quality down that right hand side at the moment, think both him and Tav (and maybe the whole team) are suffering from a lack of confidence.

I think Candeias will stick around under Stevie G even if we bring in a far better player. 

1 hour ago, Ivybank said:

Funny the amount of people saying he's not good enough, I've been saying  this all season about him and got slated,he's a loser playing in a team full of losers, the scum have winners in their team ( not great players) but winners.

Mate yiu wanted to play Umar Sadiq in defence, it's no wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Mental the amount of times "sell Tav" has been mentioned in a thread about Candeias. Tav has to do twice the amount of work because Candeias wont beat a man and doesnt want the ball. 

I called Candeias out last year. A winger with no chalk on his boots. We used to be able to at least rely on his delivery but even that has gone. 

26 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mental the amount of times "sell Tav" has been mentioned in a thread about Candeias. Tav has to do twice the amount of work because Candeias wont beat a man and doesnt want the ball. 

I called Candeias out last year. A winger with no chalk on his boots. We used to be able to at least rely on his delivery but even that has gone. 

And by the same token Candeias has to do twice the work he should have to do to cover up for Tav’s deficiencies as a defender.

I like Tav and I’ve always supported him but he’s been the one constant in our team over the past four years and we’ve had limited success so maybe it is time to cash in on him and try something else.

42 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Mate yiu wanted to play Umar Sadiq in defence, it's no wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Another candeias lover,fooled by him😔

gerrard signed Sadiq , he's the only one who can't be taken seriously