Defenders who can't defend

Maybe not the reason for tonight's abject failure but goodness knows they've let us down over the season.

I've had enough of them. Fuck this modern game talk where right backs and left backs are better known for their attacking abilities. I don't care if Tav has a thousand crosses to his name this season, if a fullback can't defend he isn't a fullback. Same as this Barisic is good going forward stuff. Get rid of all the fullbacks currently at our club and get in some players that can actually defend, tackle and read the game properly. Too many times our fullbacks are posted missing by balls to the back post, or beaten with easy through balls. 

Now to our CB's. Why are they so slow and cumbersome. Worrall has somehow developed into our best option but only cause the others have declined so much. Every time we have a player who loses form the excuse seems to be 'loss of confidence' when maybe it's simply that they have been found out and other teams know how to play them now. One paced, lack of ideas seems to be the real problem. Worrall will be away next season, Katic has personal problems and the others are bloody awful.

Get them sold and get it sorted

51 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Maybe not the reason for tonight's abject failure but goodness knows they've let us down over the season.

I've had enough of them. Fuck this modern game talk where right backs and left backs are better known for their attacking abilities. I don't care if Tav has a thousand crosses to his name this season, if a fullback can't defend he isn't a fullback. Same as this Barisic is good going forward stuff. Get rid of all the fullbacks currently at our club and get in some players that can actually defend, tackle and read the game properly. Too many times our fullbacks are posted missing by balls to the back post, or beaten with easy through balls. 

Now to our CB's. Why are they so slow and cumbersome. Worrall has somehow developed into our best option but only cause the others have declined so much. Every time we have a player who loses form the excuse seems to be 'loss of confidence' when maybe it's simply that they have been found out and other teams know how to play them now. One paced, lack of ideas seems to be the real problem. Worrall will be away next season, Katic has personal problems and the others are bloody awful.

Get them sold and get it sorted

Barisic is fucking woeful at going forward 

Said it all season we are a bang average football team and now we are at the Business end of the season so to speak they have nearly all done what the manager says they would not do again after the last time and that is to retreat into their shells. Poor we souls getting bullied by most of the wee diddy teams in this pishy league it's Rangers you are playing for grow some balls and fight for the jersey or just fuck off we have had enough of your spineless displays this season. I'm going back to work fuck this I'm fucking sick gutless bastards.

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

To be fair you have never rated him. I had my concerns and was hoping he would come good but I have concluded that he is fuckin pish. 

Looked like cafu against us which is baffling , unbelievable cross for their goal in Croatia and a fine finish at ibrox , don’t think he fancies the Scottish game ,if the opposition smell fear they’ll trample all over you , if we had no other option fair enough but Halliday is a better player than Barisic 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Looked like cafu against us which is baffling , unbelievable cross for their goal in Croatia and a fine finish at ibrox , don’t think he fancies the Scottish game ,if the opposition smell fear they’ll trample all over you , if we had no other option fair enough but Halliday is a better player than Barisic 

I'm beginning to think that I'm a better player and I'm fuckin past it !! 

27 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Thats how bad we were tonight , it was another shocker from the referee and none of us give a fuck........

I just watched it back but I can't be arsed typing up just now bad he was. Will do it in the morning.

Losing last night with errors but it's not because of the 2 central defenders .The creativity ,lack of composure and our inability to score goals in vital games is our Achilles heel .Both full backs offer is fuck all in the way of quality required .Jack slows the game down to snails pace .And up front we have Alfredo feeding of the scraps .It works fine against weaker opposition but in critical games .We just look abysmal bar a few .Scum and Sheep away 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I'm more concerned about our CB's moving forward. The modern CB has to be a footballer. Our midfield players have to come back and take the ball from them.

No they dont, mckenna and consedine are fucking rotten with the ball at their feet, but they know how to defend their lines

Opinions in here change every time a swallow appears, we have centre halfs who cannot win high balls into the area, that has been apparent since they arrived.

We need a Captain who will step up and fast, our present lot are chocolate soldiers.

I would give it to Morelos right now, let's  see if he can bully our own players into a reaction, like opposition players are.

6 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's all Tav's fault but.

He's fucking dug shit.

Poor positionally, MIA, couldn't tackle a fish supper, stray passing, poor crosses and dead balls and his forays forward now just fucking up the shape of the team. As inneffective as you'll ever likely to see. But, but, all those assists? I can only say, look at our fucking results. Nothing else matters. However he is not alone!

As a defender, you must be able to defend first. Anything else is a bonus.  If you can't defend you are not a fucking defender, a very basic first principle that many seem incapable of understanding. Now if we needed a dug breeder, well that's a different matter entirely. He was and is Gerrard's first and biggest mistake and by fuck is he regretting it!

Miss him did we, going down yet again last night just outside the oppo box and the sheep countering on it with him sauntering back? I didn't!

As a captain, a total imposter. Just a serial loser, who will never lead us to winnnng anything and you can take that to the bank.

28 minutes ago, backup said:

Opinions in here change every time a swallow appears, we have centre halfs who cannot win high balls into the area, that has been apparent since they arrived.

We need a Captain who will step up and fast, our present lot are chocolate soldiers.

I would give it to Morelos right now, let's  see if he can bully our own players into a reaction, like opposition players are.

both CB's have no pace, that's is their main fault...… when they get turned they are brutal