***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

What exactly do we expect from a change of formation? They are just so incredibly deep that it doesnt matter what formation we play.. we need to find a way though that incredibly defensive team. 

how about we cross beating the first man. \probably too technical a skill for this shower

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard wanted a reaction from the players.  Yet another reaction I would add.

The reaction is more of the same failure.   

Tells you what they think about Gerrard.   

Manager says what he wants - players say fuck that and do what they choose to do.

Manager has not got a grip on turning this into a winning Rangers team.   Talk is one thing, but evidence in games lost and points dropped and nil response from the team is the outcome after all his talking. 

A crisis is ahead of the Manager if he loses 2nd spot. 

I had a weird feeling in my stomach after the past few games that we were going to implode for the rest of the season and that feeling of gloom and despair that we had become used to would be present through every level of our club again. I tried to brush it off as just an emotional reaction after a bad result on Wednesday. I think my feeling was probably right. 

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The team are as bad now as at any point under the last few managers he has a lot of work to do. 

Right now, over the past few games yes we are looking as bad as last season.  We have and can play much better.

Exactly what was expected with that midfield. Coulibaly should be nowhere near the team, especially not in front of McCrorie. We have 0 creativity in the centre and when we fall behind it just looks like there's no way back. 

Need a huge response second half. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

What exactly do we expect from a change of formation? They are just so incredibly deep that it doesnt matter what formation we play.. we need to find a way though that incredibly defensive team. 

So just keep trying what we're trying then and accept it because they are defensive?

Need to try something. A formation change that cuts out the midfield and gets the ball into the forwards quicker could work. A formation change that gets more bodies in the box for crosses could work.

We don't need to just accept they are defensive so what can we do?!

We're passing sideways and letting them get into shape too easily.

Good managers use tactics and formation to their advantage.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

He gets this season and next season.

I said that all week

But

He only gets next season IF they actually fucking give the rest of the games a good go this season and show the fans there is something there to build on.

Otherwise he can get to fuck right now & take his pish signings with him 

Should've been 2-0 down there before HT

1 minute ago, McKissock said:

I'd be taking Candeias off and getting Defoe on immediately, he's had a very poor game.

Candeias us a useless lump of wood, never seen a guy struggle to get a cross and shot past the first man.

2 minutes ago, Bertent said:

how about we cross beating the first man. \probably too technical a skill for this shower

I dont disagree with that, but that has nothing to do with a formation change. We need someone to run past a couple of players!!

Archived