***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Disagree, Kilmarnock haven't been interested in playing football just sitting back waiting for the ball being handed to them.

Never seen such negative tactics

We’re equally as shite

1 minute ago, Misteral said:

But they won't come out and we can't sit back. It's going to be hard to score one, never mind two. 

Not just in this game but in general

Other teams have plans/tactics, they have an idea of what they want to do and execute it

We're just a mismash of individual players who hope for breaks of the ball to score goals. There's very little tactics in our play other than to get it wide and whip it in

Just now, The Monk said:

We look every bit as much of a shambles as we did last year now, all the enthusiasm and promise from the first half of the season has just evaporated.

I don’t know where we go from here’s because I can see another 3rd place finish coming.

Hopefully we turn it around but if not then kings massive gamble of hiring a rookie manager is just about to explode right in his fkn face with the club and fans taking the fall out 🤬🤬🤬 

2 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

Gives them something else to think about and players will be set up and playing in a slightly different position on the pitch. 

I get that, but that doesnt change the fact that we have a very well drilled team to play through. We need individuals to step up and be match winners.. thats what quality brings you. I see great teams struggle like we do just now..difference is that they have those 4, 5 or 6 quality players that, if 3 or 4 have an off day, 1 or 2 will step up and come up with the goods. Thats why we will continue to struggle against this tactic.

It's depressing how quickly we fell into the same pattern of having most of the possession and do very little with it.  It's now every game.  We do the same things and then act surprised when we keep getting beat on the counter attack.

Gerrard is not learning anything from previous defeats.  There is only one plan and it's so predictable that opposition teams don't even need to try to stop it now.

Didn’t think there was anything left to play for this season but if Gerrard doesn’t make the required changes then 2nd position in the league isn’t a given!  

Use the remainder of the season to find a captain and a better way to play that doesn’t require us relying on the shite hopeful  balls from Tav!

4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Disagree, Kilmarnock haven't been interested in playing football just sitting back waiting for the ball being handed to them.

Never seen such negative tactics

I have, Walter used it countless times with much success. 

I like Gerrard but he must be asked about some of his decisions. Coulibaly and Davis, FFS that's a joke. Candeias and Tav drag the team down that much it's like playing with 6 players, nearly everything goes through them yet not 1 person can see how useless they are.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Like has been said all season, we need a number 10 who can beat a man or make killer passes, we don't have that and until we do, we will struggle against this tactic.

Exactly. Champions will have a team that has 5-6 quality players in it.. on a day like this, 1 or 2 will step up and win the game. We have too many average players that simply cant break a well drilled team down.. We need an individual to run past 2 or 3 players and play a quick 1-2 in order to hammer it home.. We dont have that in our locker at the minute.

Just now, geronimoo said:

I like Gerrard but he must be asked about some of his decisions. Coulibaly and Davis, FFS that's a joke. Candeias and Tav drag the team down that much it's like playing with 6 players, nearly everything goes through them yet not 1 person can see how useless they are.

First two on the transfer list for me tav and candieas. 

Fuck me, it really is the hope that gets you.

Of course any team will have off-days against well organised opposition, but it's the sheer gutless way we go about matches that does my head in. The idea that any player (let alone this shower of shite) could turn up in front of an ibrox crowd without fire in their belly is an insult. Their attitude is all wrong.

Archived