Which players to keep

Not a knee jerk reaction to tonight's result but a realistic reaction (after a half bottle of Jura Seven Wood) to the season so far. 

Out of the current squad who could be part of the backbone of a successful Rangers team/squad.

Teamwise I have McGregor, Jack, Arfield, Morelos

The rest are up for sale or current loans

So unless we are playing 5s next season we better get some winners in.

4 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Not a knee jerk reaction to tonight's result but a realistic reaction (after a half bottle of Jura Seven Wood) to the season so far. 

Out of the current squad who could be part of the backbone of a successful Rangers team/squad.

Teamwise I have McGregor, Jack, Arfield, Morelos

The rest are up for sale or current loans

So unless we are playing 5s next season we better get some winners in.

Seven wood is really smooth. Finished a bottle off recently.

38 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Keep:-

McGregor - Quality keeper.

Tav - Unless a bid of £10m comes in.

Goldson - Shot of confidence just now, but I rate him.

Katic - Good squad player, hopefully develop to contribute more next season

Jack - Dependable squad player. Sell once McCrorie and Kamara advance beyond him.

Kamara - Going to develop into a good player

McCrorie - Same as Kamara

Halliday - Keep as a back up left back

Arfield - Our best midfielder

Candeias - Keep as a squad player, but should not be first pick. Workrate is great which will be needed in some games.

Kent - If we can get him on another year loan or buy him, it would be great business.

Murphy - Need him back.

Morelos - Unless we get a bid around the £20m mark.

Sell/Leave:-

Worral - Will return to his club.

Flanigan - Rubbish

Barasic - Try to sell and get at least our money back

Grezda - Sell, does not fit our game.

McAuley - Too old

Dorrans - Legs are gone

Davis - Isnt going to work out

Defoe - Wont work in our system

Lafferty - Not going to improve us.

Coulabaly - Behind too many players, needs to return to his club.

Fotheringham - Needs to find a new club

Recruit:-

Quality left back

Quality Center back

Cover Center back

Quality right winger

Quality attacking center mid who can open up a defense and have a pop from range.

Battering ram of a striker.

If Morelos leaves, another quality striker who can play up to himself.

That decent post although we are never getting 10 and 20 for Tav and Alfredo when they've both won nowt

I would bite the hand off for 3 and 12

8 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I'd miss Morelos. I like him.

Beyond that I wouldn't care if we got rid of them all.

I'm actually hopeful we get rid of most of them.

I'm not. We probably have a decent wad to go spend on 3 or 4 right good footballers but if we're having to replace half a squad again then you can kiss that money goodbye.

9 hours ago, j1mgg said:

McGregor, and not too many after that.

If we're being absolutely honest, the majority of any improvement we can claim to have made this season is pretty much down to McGregor making key saves. You'd also have to factor in Morelos hitting good form, but beyond that... 

A lot of these players are definitely good enough at their best. Definitely. We need someone who can unlock a defence though and we are overly reliant on going wide and crossing. Not enough through the middle for me.

I'm now in the boat that we can get 20m for Morelos (he could go to Copa America and play well also remember) we should take it and spend 10-15m of it on three/four good players.

I feel we are three or four quality players away from being a very good team. We do not concede a lot of goals but we struggle to score against the better teams who defend against us.

For our squad right now - (in the summer we need to replace outgoing loans).

I think our core is good enough but we are missing 1/2 players who can truly unlock a team. Look at celtic right now - They have 7/8 match winners in their squad where as we have potentially 3 at most. Forrest, McGregor, Rogic, Eduoard, Burke, Weah, Sinclair have all won them matches this season. That for me is the only difference in points - they have players who have stepped up where as we have players who have not.

All down to a winning mentality that until we bring in people who are challenging for titles regularly or have the right mentality we will struggle to get over the line.