Wouldn't suprise me if Gerrard doesn't see out the season

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, backup said:

Gerrard's U-turn after threats to his family

by CHARLES SALE, Daily Mail

Last updated at 14:45 29 June 2004

Steven Gerrard's record-breaking transfer to Chelsea has been derailed because of a hate campaign directed at his family by Liverpool fans furious at the prospect of losing their captain and best player.

The England midfielder had agreed a £30million-plus move to Stamford Bridge, together with personal terms that would have doubled his £60,000-aweek wages.

But the intolerable pressure his family faced on Merseyside, including threatening phone calls and letters, played a pivotal role in Gerrard's U-turn over a move to London.

The abuse directed at Gerrard had reached vitriolic levels in local newspapers and on various websites. The concern for the player was that his close relatives, who live in the city, would have to bear the brunt of further venom following his departure from Anfield.

quotes from gerrard below

“I get quite a lot of stick about not winning the Premier League,” Gerrard told BT Sport.

“I look back at the opportunities I had to go to the strongest teams in the league, and I could be sat here now with four or five Premier League medals, or could have gone abroad to the big teams and chased that glory.

"But it’s also satisfying that I stayed here and was loyal to the people who were most important to me, I didn’t chase cash, chase the glory.

"Of course I am sitting here with that one big regret that I didn’t win the Premier League, but I am proud of my loyalty.

"Liverpool means the world."

26 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Somewhere along the line we are going to have to give someone time to get it right . We can't afford to keep changing it like we have both Pedro and Warburton,  complete with the turnover of players which that involves . 

It's frustrating because there are times we play really well , but the lack of consistency , and getting a run together to build on , is killing us .

I get that but what is most disappointing for me is he doesn't seem to be that bothered at times with shit results, he needs to step up and take charge instead of just plodding along and giving us the usual soundbites.

1 minute ago, dougie76 said:

I get that but what is most disappointing for me is he doesn't seem to be that bothered at times with shit results, he needs to step up and take charge instead of just plodding along and giving us the usual soundbites.

Agreed dougie, seen his interview after the game, he looked aged ,like a it's just dawning on him what he's got himself into.

I don't think he would have been under any pressure from the board to win any silverware this season. I highly doubt he will be sacked.  He might get an offer and go in the summer though.

The board have picked and are backing Gerrard. No way they sack him less than a year into the rebuild and him getting to the group stages.

21 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

quotes from gerrard below

“I get quite a lot of stick about not winning the Premier League,” Gerrard told BT Sport.

“I look back at the opportunities I had to go to the strongest teams in the league, and I could be sat here now with four or five Premier League medals, or could have gone abroad to the big teams and chased that glory.

"But it’s also satisfying that I stayed here and was loyal to the people who were most important to me, I didn’t chase cash, chase the glory.

"Of course I am sitting here with that one big regret that I didn’t win the Premier League, but I am proud of my loyalty.

"Liverpool means the world."

What's your point. Deal was done, he and his family were advised be best to forget about it. He wisely took that advice and put his family first.

1 minute ago, backup said:

What's your point. Deal was done, he and his family were advised be best to forget about it. He wisely took that advice and put his family first.

You're annoying as fuck.

'Deal was done'

If the deal was done he would've played for Chelsea.

I am beginning to think that he is too nice to be a successful Rangers  manager. I don't want him sacked but he needs to get ruthless with these players I.know it's harping on about the past but do you think the players would put in below par performances like they have done this season if Smith or souness were in charge. Not a fucking chance 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

If he wins nothing next season or even has a bad early season he will be gone.

Lot's going to depend on how much investment is made in the summer.

If he brings in three or four new quality players and we still fail to win the easy games, then maybe.

1 minute ago, bluenose48 said:

Lot's going to depend on how much investment is made in the summer.

If he brings in three or four new quality players and we still fail to win the easy games, then maybe.

Agree good investment is everything we must get rid of the loans as well it's a shambles we have these average loan players keeping our own players from progressing fair enough if the loan was a top quality player.

12 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

You're annoying as fuck.

'Deal was done'

If the deal was done he would've played for Chelsea.

gotcha now, apart from be unable to read...you don't have a clue about the subject matter, have a good day...it surely can't get any worse !

8 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

I am beginning to think that he is too nice to be a successful Rangers  manager. I don't want him sacked but he needs to get ruthless with these players I.know it's harping on about the past but do you think the players would put in below par performances like they have done this season if Smith or souness were in charge. Not a fucking chance 

Would love to hear Walter's honest thoughts about everything. Gerrard, tactics/team selection, referee bias , Morelos.

41 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I don't think he would have been under any pressure from the board to win any silverware this season. I highly doubt he will be sacked.  He might get an offer and go in the summer though.

The board have picked and are backing Gerrard. No way they sack him less than a year into the rebuild and him getting to the group stages.

An offer from who though, his big name reputation has been badly damaged, and they certainly won't be after him for his coaching abilities!

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Pedro got beat off Progres and was hammered 5-1 at Ibrox against them ya balloon. 

And Gerrard has been beat twice at home of Aberdeen already 

Including pish performances against Livi, Motherwell, St Johnstone etc 

He's got a worse record in the league than Pedro has

Pedro was a joke I agree but stats wise, Gerrard isn't any better 

11 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

I would bet he’s gone before December.

The basket case of a club we are at the best of times means I would not at all be surprised if he goes way sooner

Woo Hoo we can get your hero McInnes in and save us!

13 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

And Gerrard has been beat twice at home of Aberdeen already 

Including pish performances against Livi, Motherwell, St Johnstone etc 

He's got a worse record in the league than Pedro has

Pedro was a joke I agree but stats wise, Gerrard isn't any better 

Finishes second and he's better than Caixinha, Murty and Warburton. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Finishes second and he's better than Caixinha, Murty and Warburton. 

Finishes 2nd with a worse record than Pedro, that's where it's going just now

That doesn't mean he's better, means the rest of the league has been worse this season. 

If the taigs had their form of last year they'd be 15/20 points clear of us. Gerrard doesn't deserve any credit for what he's done domestically & if he was any other manager he'd have been under alot more pressure than he is.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Finishes 2nd with a worse record than Pedro, that's where it's going just now

That doesn't mean he's better, means the rest of the league has been worse this season. 

If the taigs had their form of last year they'd be 15/20 points clear of us. Gerrard doesn't deserve any credit for what he's done domestically & if he was any other manager he'd have been under alot more pressure than he is.

Can dress it up however you want if we finish second we've improved and progress has been made.