Arfield

KingKirk

17 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Tbf he never came from Burnley reserves and was a key player for them but that still doesn't mean he's Rangers class.  However I like the guy thing is we need another player that's very similar in style to him to make out system work and have 2 cmf making late runs into the box

I stand corrected then mate , still think we need a helluva lot more from our main midfielder 

When we're playing the lone striker he links the midfield really well and he's one of the only players willing to bridge the gap or even run beyond the striker.

Morelos often drops deep and that's where Arfield running beyond is a big part of our game. We just don't have a midfielder who can pick a decent through ball to break the lines. 

13 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I stand corrected then mate , still think we need a helluva lot more from our main midfielder 

He’d be a decent support player if we had a holding player, him and a proper creative player of high quality but he’s never a guy to be the main man in a midfield at a club the size of ours (which he is at the moment). We haven’t had that real creative player in years. The fact that it’s been an unaddressed issue since 2016 is embarrassing.

44 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That’s a record of just about 1 in 3, which is a perfectly acceptable goalscoring rate for an attacking midfielder :lol:

For a team who have scored 65 goals? 

Naismith has played half the games Arfield has played from a similar position and has 10 goals.

Christie at celtic playing attacking mid has more goals and he has played almost 9 less games than Arfield.

Our right back has more goals and assisits so if those are acceptable figures for an attacking mid then we will be mediocre.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

1 goal away from home this season.

1 goal against the current top six all season.

He’s scored 1 goal since November.

Barring his excellent man marking job on Brown, has went missing in all the other tougher games we’ve played in Scotland.

Yeah, hasn't kicked his own arse since December and wasn't exactly great before that either.

Kent's another one. Flashy Candeias the only difference being Candeias is capable of putting quality crosses into the box.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Naismith has played half the games Arfield has played from a similar position and has 10 goals.

Christie at celtic playing attacking mid has more goals and he has played almost 9 less games than Arfield.

Our right back has more goals and assisits so if those are acceptable figures for an attacking mid then we will be mediocre.

Aye and Naismith isn't playing for a team that comes up against 10 men behind the ball 9 games out of 10.

23 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’d be a decent support player if we had a holding player, him and a proper creative player of high quality but he’s never a guy to be the main man in a midfield at a club the size of ours (which he is at the moment). We haven’t had that real creative player in years. The fact that it’s been an unaddressed issue since 2016 is embarrassing.

Bang on 👍🏻👌🏻

15 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Flashy Candeias the only difference being Candeias is capable of putting quality crosses into the box.

Aye, mostly pish ones, that simple pass he had to make inside to 2 players running into the box yet he puts it yards in front of them and that is criminal.

22 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Christie and Naismith have been playing as out and out number 10’s. Arfield is playing deeper in a midfield three with a little bit more licence to get forward.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not overly defending Arfield, he’s been rotten lately and he should never have been put in the position of main creative outlet dr our midfield but I do think that generally speaking any midfielder who has scored 1 in 3 could consider their record as being ok.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye, mostly pish ones, that simple pass he had to make inside to 2 players running into the box yet he puts it yards in front of them and that is criminal.

Completely agree, its a fucken 10 yard square pass on the deck. Its got all the space in the world to just roll the ball into, doesn't even have to be a great ball.

I personally think its more infuriating because he's got it in his locker to make harder crosses and passes. 

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Completely agree, its a fucken 10 yard square pass on the deck. Its got all the space in the world to just roll the ball into, doesn't even have to be a great ball.

I personally think its more infuriating because he's got it in his locker to make harder crosses and passes. 

Exactly mate, it's law of averages that he'll put a decent ball in every now and then but that was a simple cut back pass that a pro should be able to make easily and he fluffed it and he knew it by the reaction and was pish the rest of the game.

Earlier in the season I was critical of him for not looking up when he crosses, he started to do that and improved but has receded again.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

I agree as well, still reckon tho he's not a big problem in midfield it's the other midfielder bar the dmf.  We are crying out for a 2nd box to box cmf to play along side arfield.  That saying I would be quite happy if arfield ended up being a squad player next yera with 2 better players bought in but we need far better forwards first

He hasn't got it to play at Rangers level.  Doesn't score enough goals.  Doesn't play well enough on a consistent basis.   When his name is listed on the team sheet its more a case of shrug shoulders sort of 'ok then'.  It certainly does not produce an immediate lift of looking forward to seeing a player of real quality.     Average to poor at best.   Another one happy to take the Rangers salary but nowhere near demonstrating that he's earning it.    A player who is failing to deliver the quality needed and that continued failing is turning him into an outright failure.    He's not good enough for Rangers' needs if the Rangers Board's aim is to start winning trophies.