Morelos

GOAT

That dive at the end was fucking pathetic, embarrassing.  Might be a big player for us but he’s not Rangers class in how he acts.  I’d sell him and tav this summer and if we get £20m+ for both were laughing.  Then invest that money in six or seven quality players. 

Just now, Inigo said:

I take it the dive booking was correct, going from TV footage?

I never seen the first half one but if it was he should have been sent off for that one at the end.  He’s a lucky cunt.  

2 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Total embarrassment that from morelos lastnight. Quality player but that's not fucking on. Was cringing watching that.

Feigning injury, as he does, inevitably means refs will be less likely to give genuine fouls. Going down at the slightest touch, then rolling about like a dick only benefits the opposition.

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That dive at the end was fucking pathetic, embarrassing.  Might be a big player for us but he’s not Rangers class in how he acts.  I’d sell him and tav this summer and if we get £20m+ for both were laughing.  Then invest that money in six or seven quality players. 

Like I said in the other thread about this, with their track record would you trust Mark Allen and Steven Gerrard to reinvest that money in six or seven quality players?

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Like I said in the other thread about this, with their track record would you trust Mark Allen and Steven Gerrard to reinvest that money in six or seven quality players?

What other option do we have? 

9 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Doesn't learn. I may be wrong, but i thought he was doing well in the match with his discipline at first, but slowly regressed as we became desperate.

With his discipline yes, but he forgot that his contribution to the match was the main priority. His theatrics and falling down with minimal contact worked against him and us, and he spent more time on the ground acting injured than fighting to do something positive and constructive.

And I'm not talking about his yellow card, there was undoubted contact and the sheep player over him and pressing down on him.

1 minute ago, jbm26896 said:

He had genuine fouls against him not given  , but he let himself down last night by overreacting to every challenge ,

This.

Said it last time too, Clancy clearly has a dislike of him and he didn't get obvious fouls you'd expect a player to get. If I was to give an example of a ref allowing personal opinion / personalities to override the simple enforcement of the rules it would be Clancy with Morelos.

Thought his booking was unwarranted and could easily have been a penalty.

Just watched the highlights on BBC website and they didn't show the Defoe goal that was supposedly offside. Looked clearly onside when I saw it last night.

We were pish though.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

With his discipline yes, but he forgot that his contribution to the match was the main priority. His theatrics and falling down with minimal contact worked against him and us, and he spent more time on the ground acting injured than fighting to do something positive and constructive.

And I'm not talking about his yellow card, there was undoubted contact and the sheep player over him and pressing down on him.

Exactly, would rather we had a fighter trying his best to stay up and score than someone who falls down at the slightest contact. It’s especially annoying when he’s in a good position and tries to con the ref on the off chance we get a penalty.

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Mate it happened right in front of me, we can argue that he went down like shot crow but he did get hit in the face. 

Because he threw himself into the guy. Did you even see the incident? 

Embarassed by last night's display. Think he needs a few weeks on the bench after that. We had a good balance with Defoe up top against Hamilton and I liked the look of lafferty and jermain linking up last night, Alfredo looks burnt out to me at the minute.