Morelos

GOAT

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

😂 beelin, seething, pure ragin. 

So other strikers only go down once a game with just a little touch 😂😂

Go for a lie down. 

Aye your right. All they do is hit the deck every single time someone comes near them.

Alfie was an EMBARRASSMENT yesterday. 

The only thing that’s more embarrassing is your blind defending of him. It’s cringe.

Just now, gogzy said:

Good post.   Some nonsense getting spouted in this thread.

Well its not exactly nonsense if some posters have a point about Morelos play acting. We can't deny he's been guilty of it, especially recently.

I just don't think he's anymore likely to try and win free kicks by going down easily now than he was a month ago or 3 months ago.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Oh dear. It’s as if you have lost all rational thought. 

It’s instinctive. He does it multiple times most games. The refs know that. He does it again in front of them - they book him. Not hard really. I’m just shocked they let him away with another three.

Ragin. 

So you think Mo should’ve sent off 😂 wonder why Aberdeen got so many yellow cards for continual fouling. 

2 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Well its not exactly nonsense if some posters have a point about Morelos play acting. We can't deny he's been guilty of it, especially recently.

I just don't think he's anymore likely to try and win free kicks by going down easily now than he was a month ago or 3 months ago.

When you're seeing posts like " he goes down every tie someone goes near him" then we have reached peak nonsense.  He is such a nightmare to play against for exactly the opposite reason.

Yes he does try to win free kicks, and sometimes overacts,  it's part of the modern game we just have to get used to, it happens all the time.

4 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Aye your right. All they do is hit the deck every single time someone comes near them.

Alfie was an EMBARRASSMENT yesterday. 

The only thing that’s more embarrassing is your blind defending of him. It’s cringe.

Nope the embarrassing thing is your steadfast attempt at slaughtering our best player, for doing what every striker in the world does  

20 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

His diving, play acting and kicking out give him a reputation or make his bad reputation worse. His reputation naturally makes referees look at what he’s doing more closely.

So when he barges a defender and then hits the ground like a ton of bricks he gets booked. Some refs might give other players the benefit of doubt.

He was sent off for pressing his foot on Mckenna’s plums. Again he’s got previous.

Mckenna got sent off for the kick in the face 🤷‍♂️

So referees are now basing current decisions on previous ones? Isn't that bias?

If they look at his behaviour more closely they'll not only see he can go down easily, but that he's often illegally  targetted by players and doesn't get the decisions especially when he doesn't go down. How's that scrutiny going?

Where in the rules is what he did violent conduct? Pressing a foot is excessive force or brutality, especially when his foot is held there?

Everything your saying suggests not only do you accept and advocate the scum narrative about our player, but that you're also happier to accept perception bias by refs towards one of our players than demand parity for them.

In fact, in amongst all this have you even commented on whether the booking was simulation or a penalty?

11 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Morelos and McGregor are the only players we've got I'm afraid McGregor is beginning to look tired carrying the shite in between him and Alfredo. The rest are a mish mash of second hand mercenarys, ex players going through motions and those not good enough to wear the jersey nor will ever be good enough and if we don't up our game will trail in the bheggars wake domestically for the foreseeable future which seems to be good enough for some on this board as long as they get the money for a run in Europe in the bank to crawl through another season spouting 'look how far we have come'. Anybody thinking that we will stop the bheasts from the east doing ten with this outlook and plan is sadly deluded. But then I read not just this forum but other Rangers pages and I realise there are a lot of fans sadly deluded and not only that conditioned into accepting second best. Concerning Daze Loyal.

In a nutshell mate. 

Hopefully Stevie has seen that most just aren’t up to playing for Rangers and the pressure it brings. 

Sad fact though the ones screaming that we need better then go on to shout for Shinnie, McKenna & Ferguson. 

We should of had a penalty in both games for fouls on Morelos.

He's was repeatedly held and pushed throughout the first game but the ref gave nothing.

In last night's game, more of the same and his theatrics late in the game where the result of his frustration at the ref.

Can we appeal his yellow card for simulation? 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

In a nutshell mate. 

Hopefully Stevie has seen that most just aren’t up to playing for Rangers and the pressure it brings. 

Sad fact though the ones screaming that we need better then go on to shout for Shinnie, McKenna & Ferguson. 

None of them for me bud. No way.

23 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Wow. Appeal it. That's shocking.

It really is.

He was poor last night, didn't focus on the right things, but his game was curtailed to try to not get booked. I don't think he actually committed a foul, yet got booked for effectively being fouled in the box. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It really is.

He was poor last night, didn't focus on the right things, but his game was curtailed to try to not get booked. I don't think he actually committed a foul, yet got booked for effectively being fouled in the box. 

Can’t be right mate, he should’ve been sent off. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Doesn't learn. I may be wrong, but i thought he was doing well in the match with his discipline at first, but slowly regressed as we became desperate.

I would say he was fucked, ran around like a mad cunt to try and get a ball all night that was never coming to him so made a bad error of judgement and went down.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It really is.

It's not a penalty imo, but it's a million miles nearer a penalty than a dive.

Absolutely obvious that he's being dealt with by reputation now.

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

We should of had a penalty in both games for fouls on Morelos.

He's was repeatedly held and pushed throughout the first game but the ref gave nothing.

In last night's game, more of the same and his theatrics late in the game where the result of his frustration at the ref.

Can we appeal his yellow card for simulation? 

I think you can appeal yellows for simulation or in the case of mistaken identity.

I like Morelos but there’s no doubt that some of his antics are cringeworthy. If we get a good price for himinthe summer then I would be happy to see him move on. I watch the matches expecting something special from him, but also shitting myself that he’s going to do something stupid. Hopefully he’ll have a good end to the season and a club will pay a decent price for him. I’ll wish him all the best and hope that we can find a goal scorer who is less of a liability. 

Just now, Inigo said:

It's not a penalty imo, but it's a million miles nearer a penalty than a dive.

Absolutely obvious that he's being dealt with by reputation now.

I thought the same, but the defender uses his arms and leg to bring his body tight to Morelos and restrict his movement. It only needed done for the split second for the chance to be lost, and it worked. He impeded Morelos movement from behind, for me that's a pen.

Spot on about reputation. More worrying is that some of our fans do too.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So referees are now basing current decisions on previous ones? Isn't that bias?

If they look at his behaviour more closely they'll not only see he can go down easily, but that he's often illegally  targetted by players and doesn't get the decisions especially when he doesn't go down. How's that scrutiny going?

Where in the rules is what he did violent conduct? Pressing a foot is excessive force or brutality, especially when his foot is held there?

Everything your saying suggests not only do you accept and advocate the scum narrative about our player, but that you're also happier to accept perception bias by refs towards one of our players than demand parity for them.

In fact, in amongst all this have you even commented on whether the booking was simulation or a penalty?

He is targeted by other players because he he clearly gets wound up. 9 times out of 10 they stop short of fouling him. He has to be smarter.

What is ‘excessive force’ when it comes to your nut sack? I know a flick is enough to put me in agony, never mind a football boot with Alf’s weight on it ffs 😂

Not saying bias. Saying he doesn’t make it difficult. He does it far to often, to the point last night he contributed nothing else.

Depends how far simulation goes. He barged the defender and went down. Tried to buy a penalty. Never a pen.