“We should be beating these teams”

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The one at Pittodrie was. I haven’t seen last nights back but it looked like a penalty from my seat. 

He was also fortunate not to be booked for trying to get Considine sent off in the second half

What do you expect him to do when that exact player has committed at least 7 fouls and still wasn’t booked lol. 

In what footballing planet does 7 fouls go unpunished? It’s absolutely laughable. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've long since argued this point.

A player on 2 or 3K at an Aberdeen, Kilmarnock etc becomes a 8 or 10K  player here due to the scrutiny, profile  and demands involved. They don't overnight become 3 or 4 times the player.

There's very little between some players at some of these other clubs, and undoubtedly some are better than what we have. 

Bang on , not one of our midfielders would stick out in any of the other spl sides infact 2 of them didn’t coz not one of us knew a thing about jack or Kamara before they signed 

4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

its a penalty all day long ffs. you cant put your arms around a player like that. its a foul, its a pen. 

Probably is technically, but very rarely given. Kind of thing defenders normally get leeway with and attackers are expected to be strong to get through. Don't have a huge issue with it not being given. Have a massive issue with it being deemed a dive.

3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Bang on , not one of our midfielders would stick out in any of the other spl sides infact 2 of them didn’t coz not one of us knew a thing about jack or Kamara before they signed 

I knew more of Jack.  I'd always seen him to be the player that supported their key midfielder in Shinnie.

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

What do you expect him to do when that exact player has committed at least 7 fouls and still wasn’t booked lol. 

In what footballing planet does 7 fouls go unpunished? It’s absolutely laughable. 

I’m not blaming Morelos, was just pointing out you say he has been booked for diving once which just isn’t true 

43 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s a penalty and a clear goal scoring opportunity lol. 

What striker in the world goes down if they’re not impeded clean through on goal? 

You do know you don't get sent off for that anymore the penalty is considered to be the punishment and you no longer get punished twice for the same incident. 

Morelos is needing to stay on his feet more he did not play well last night and should have been subbed at half-time.

We play the same system with Morelos that's been found out in the big games.

I thought at the end he looked to get sent off against considine.

Been one of our most improved players under Gerrard but kills his game by picking up bookings unnecessarily. 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I knew more of Jack.  I'd always seen him to be the player that supported their key midfielder in Shinnie.

Buffalo and Greegs are the only 2 players in our team that would play with say hibs or hearts and stick out as being a level above ,the rest would plod on through mediocrity like the do with us 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

Morelos rolls him, the defender puts his arms around him, its a pen and a red. its the laws, its a stonewaller. no if no buts. it was another shocking decision to go against us. atho Aberdeen done their job, we where shite, they deserved to go thro but the decision was shocking and his yellow should be appealed.  you can not put your arms around a striker that has rolled you. its a shocking decision 

Don't agree it's a stonewaller at all. He's got his arm around him, but depends how much strength the defender's using to hold him back. Doesn't look like a vast amount to me.

That's a defender playing right on the edge of legality for me and an attacker (rightly) trying to emphasise the contact. The kind of thing that can go either way. If you're in blue many are screaming for it, if you're in red many are annoyed that it's given and think it's soft. 

The not giving the penalty bit isn't a drastic error by the ref imo. The yellow is far more worrying.

Just now, Inigo said:

Don't agree it's a stonewaller at all. He's got his arm around him, but depends how much strength the defender's using to hold him back. Doesn't look like a vast amount to me.

That's a defender playing right on the edge of legality for me and an attacker (rightly) trying to emphasise the contact. The kind of thing that can go either way. If you're in blue many are screaming for it, if you're in red many are annoyed that it's given and think it's soft. 

The not giving the penalty bit isn't a drastic error by the ref imo. The yellow is far more worrying.

mate, if you lift your arms and put them round a player, its a free kick, he got rolled, its a pen, its the rules, you cant put your arms round a player, he was impeded ffs lol

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

mate, if you lift your arms and put them round a player, its a free kick, he got rolled, its a pen, its the rules, you cant put your arms round a player, he was impeded ffs lol

See previous answer.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

seriously mate, why is his arm over the top of Morelos ? there is no defending it, its a pen all day long, its the rules. 

11 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

You do know you don't get sent off for that anymore the penalty is considered to be the punishment and you no longer get punished twice for the same incident. 

Only if a genuine attempt is made to play the ball, otherwise it's still a penalty and red.

What genuine attempt was made to play the ball?

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

See previous answer.

there was nothing legal about the challenge, why cant you see this, youre a football supporter ffs. lol its a foul. look at it, its not borderline, its a stonewall foul ffs. look at the defenders arms as Morelos rolls him. its not on the edge, its a straight up foul 😂

22 minutes ago, gogzy said:

This is blatantly untrue.  He does not do it anywhere close to "every time he is touched"  that's absolute nonsense.

S May went in in a stamping motion and caught his studs on goldson,  that could easily be a red.

I lost count how many times he did it last night. He was trying too much to get the sheep bookings 

he’s probably our most fouled player I get that but he needs to cut the play acting out his game it helps no cunt.

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

seriously mate, why is his arm over the top of Morelos ? there is no defending it, its a pen all day long, its the rules. 

Because he's trying to hinder the striker. As defenders do. Defenders always try to do things to hinder the attacker by playing on the edge of legality. It's only really a penalty if the ref's 100% confident the defender impedes Morelos significantly, not just because his arm is across him.

And in the penalty area that's going to be especially the case, because different standards are usually used in the box. Defenders get more leeway. Which is why I say yeah, technically probably was, but rarely given. 

13 minutes ago, Inigo said:

nothing  on  the edge about this the defender fucked  up as did the ref. its as clear as day

BB238E4A-4722-4101-97F1-29A890EA100E.jpeg

1 minute ago, HuistraHairDo said:

he’s probably our most fouled player I get that but he needs to cut the play acting out his game it helps no cunt.

IMO he generally doesn't do it until he gets pissed off at getting no decisions.

He isn't going to cut it out as it's part of the modern game.  Modern strikers are constantly overplaying their hand.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Because he's trying to hinder the striker. As defenders do. Defenders always try to do things to hinder the attacker by playing on the edge of legality. It's only really a penalty if the ref's 100% confident the defender impedes Morelos significantly, not just because his arm is across him.

And in the penalty area that's going to be especially the case, because different standards are usually used in the box. Defenders get more leeway. Which is why I say yeah, technically probably was, but rarely given. 

it doesnt matter that he was trying to hinder ffs lol, he did hinder him and fouled him.  it was a pen.  the ref fucked up and Aberdeen got away with one. if Goldson or worrall done this, people on here would calling them everything. 

22 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m not blaming Morelos, was just pointing out you say he has been booked for diving once which just isn’t true 

Correctly booked for diving is different though.  

3 times- 

Once where the goalie literally had a broken face he made that much contact. Clearly not a dive.

last night- clearly not a dive, hauled back.

At pittodrie- Only booked for it because he’s Morelos. Any other player and it’s either waved play on or the penalty is given