Ross McCrorie -- last night

thehost

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another one that suddenly becomes a worldbeater when he’s not on the pitch. 

He should be hauled into the managers office for that rant. 

What you expecting to happen when hes hauled into the managers office ?

He was the player that should have started last night , not every game suits him but last night was his type of game........

16 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

If players start coming out against the manager, past experience would say this is not going to end well.

Hopefully for the players, we need to stop changing managers every year. Maybe it is the players we need to move on.

We're a better side with McCrorie in the team. His technical ability is a bit fucking woeful in my opinion but we look more assured. Ryan Jack for me has been a passenger for weeks. McCrorie - Arfield - Kamara midfield trio for me.

5 minutes ago, Begby said:

Id imagine the reason hes not played is because we beat Killie 5-0, Hamilton 5-0 & Dundee 4-0. The gaffer is not going to change the team after big wins like that. 

Yet he changed the team after beating celtic.

14 minutes ago, OhW said:

Did you say that before the game?

Not sure.

I certainly wouldn't have started Morelos, said that, and I think Lafferty offers more as one up front than Defoe.

For confirmation, id start Laffery on Saturday. At the moment I'm leaning towards as a front 2 with Defoe.

13 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

He would of made absolutely no difference last night if he added played.

He should also of been at the ground with the rest of the team, in the squad or not.

I’m sure the Thornton Suite is in ibrox.

7 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

He would of made absolutely no difference last night if he added played.

He should also of been at the ground with the rest of the team, in the squad or not.

I don't know we could maybe argue that Aberdeen's first goal wouldn't have happened if he was playing. McCrorie isn't great technically but he certainly wouldn't have played a sloppy pass across our box like Kamara did.

In terms of the game after that and going forward there isn't much he could have done.

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

What you expecting to happen when hes hauled into the managers office ?

He was the player that should have started last night , not every game suits him but last night was his type of game........

Why should he have started??  The 3 that did are better than him. 

Because any player that shouts his mouth off in public needs his baws booted. Who does he think he is, he’s a young lad just starting out he needs to learn what professional means. 

1 minute ago, BigJack1690 said:

LOL. Why?

Because Morelos game was always going to be curtailed to prevent a yellow. Which it was. And because as a one up front at home in the system Gerrard plays I think Lafferty offers more physicality and mobility than Defoe who waits for chances to come to him.

Imo Laffery offered more when he came on than Defoe, and his ball through to Defoe was more effective than anything Morelos did, though he should have got a penalty.

Not saying Lafferty is the answer, but last night I think he would have been a better solution to start with Morelos on the bench.

The boys a decent prospect but he would have made no difference last night. It’s a midfielder that can see a defence splitting pass that we need. McCrorie is useful if your trying to make it a scrap,which is by he did so well against the tarriers on the 29th. He’ll go on to earn a decent living but I don’t think he’ll ever be a world beater. I also think it’s unprofessional to be having a go at the manager in public. That’s something he should have the balls to do in the managers office. The whole thing is probably a non story though. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why should he have started??  The 3 that did are better than him. 

Because any player that shouts his mouth off in public needs his baws booted. Who does he think he is, he’s a young lad just starting out he needs to learn what professional means. 

Haha he needs to learn what professional means , and you are on here every day defending the idiot up front.

That game last night needed a bit of strength in the middle , something none of the three that played have.

Boy is quite right to be pissed off , the manager is fuckin clueless. 

There was fuck all happening from the midfield last night and he took off two midfielders and put on two strikers , thats a guy that hasnt a clue what hes doing......

1 hour ago, thehost said:

He was interviewed pre match, in the thornton, and he was less than diplomatic regarding not playing. He was fizzing mad and didn't give a fuck about sharing his bewilderment. The MC started to try and mitigate it but Ross was having none of it and kept on message about being fucking raging that he wasn't playing. Don't think I've ever heard a player be so outspoken before.

I’m not surprised. I had assumed he was injured given he wasn’t on the bench. Absolutely baffling that he wasn’t involved. 

What did he actually say? 

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’m not surprised. I had assumed he was injured given he wasn’t on the bench. Absolutely baffling that he wasn’t involved. 

you will know better than me as to what's going on in the background but I've never heard anything like it. He wasn't ranting or anything but wouldn't be deflected in giving a very blunt message....

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Haha he needs to learn what professional means , and you are on here every day defending the idiot up front.

That game last night needed a bit of strength in the middle , something none of the three that played have.

Boy is quite right to be pissed off , the manager is fuckin clueless. 

There was fuck all happening from the midfield last night and he took off two midfielders and put on two strikers , thats a guy that hasnt a clue what hes doing......

I’ll leave you to rant mate, as your not making much sense. 👍

1 hour ago, thehost said:

He was interviewed pre match, in the thornton, and he was less than diplomatic regarding not playing. He was fizzing mad and didn't give a fuck about sharing his bewilderment. The MC started to try and mitigate it but Ross was having none of it and kept on message about being fucking raging that he wasn't playing. Don't think I've ever heard a player be so outspoken before.

He had every right to be angry but that was not the way to handle it. A face to face meeting with Gerrard this morning would have been the way to go. If he had requested it before the game but to be held today he would be in a very strong position after the performance and result last night. If the team had performed well and won Gerrard could rightly had said he picked the team he knew could win the game.

5 minutes ago, thehost said:

you will know better than me as to what's going on in the background

you do yourself a disservice, our recently passed good friend ED always credited you as being close to the facts at Ibrox, long may you continue in that vein 👍

8 minutes ago, thehost said:

you will know better than me as to what's going on in the background but I've never heard anything like it. He wasn't ranting or anything but wouldn't be deflected in giving a very blunt message....

No idea. I’m at a loss as to why he has disappeared 

Guy is also a fan so i think its a case he thinks he is saying it to fellow fans and its not like he is briefing the press unlike some before him.

So hopefully word gets back to him that its not the way to behave and thats the end of it.

McCrorie is the closest we have outfield to a captain. He's 100% effort all the time. McGregor is the captain without the band just now. Tav is a good attacking fullback but hes not a captain. His personality is laid back joker type. Give me a snarling cant all day long.