Ross McCrorie -- last night

thehost

Like McCrorie and his passion but making comments publicly is not going to end well.

The manager picks the team and its up to them to perform. The whole team has been rubbish for important games all season.

It seems to me that we have no clue how to play through a 10 man defence. We can't adapt our play to Aberdeens style of play.

I agree McCrorie should have started so should  Defoe, Morelos gets too caught up in the physical battle with Considine etc and forgets why he's there.

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Maybe he has ranted at Stevie the same way he did last night, that would be enough to get your arse sat on the bench. 

Possibly, or he could point to the fact that Gerrard said in the press post Old Firm win that he had earned his shirt but hasn't been seen since. 

He will play when he is picked.  He has no right to be fizzing at not being picked.  He hasn't been that good that he can demand or expect a starting spot ( most of the team hasn't recently tbf)

That being said, his dig in midfield might have helped yesterday.

55 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Another one that suddenly becomes a worldbeater when he’s not on the pitch. 

He should be hauled into the managers office for that rant. 

We havent lost a game he has played in this season. Better than the 3 that played last night but that wouldn’t be hard 

3 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

We havent lost a game he has played in this season. Better than the 3 that played last night but that wouldn’t be hard 

Spot on. In the league he's started 10 games. We've won 8, drawn 2 and lost 0 conceding 6 goals and having 5 clean sheets. In the other 19 games in the league we've only won 9.

18 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He will play when he is picked.  He has no right to be fizzing at not being picked.  He hasn't been that good that he can demand or expect a starting spot ( most of the team hasn't recently tbf)

That being said, his dig in midfield might have helped yesterday.

It might have. But he's nowhere near as comfortable on the ball or in tight situation as Kamara and Jack have been, although they were both poor last night. Nor does he offer creativity.

I think he offers energy, cover and a destroyer type quality that wasn't really what we missed last night.

1 hour ago, Begby said:

Id imagine the reason hes not played is because we beat Killie 5-0, Hamilton 5-0 & Dundee 4-0. The gaffer is not going to change the team after big wins like that. 

Those are the games that we can win without him though. Games like  the 1-1 with Aberdeen, 0-0 with Hibs and last night are the types of games where you have to win the battle first and he’s great at doing that.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Those are the games that we can win without him though. Games like  the 1-1 with Aberdeen, 0-0 with Hibs and last night are the types of games where you have to win the battle first and he’s great at doing that.

I don't think these games were lost/drawn because McCrorie wasn't playing, would he really have  made much a difference in these games? given he is a battling midfielder & limited going forward. We had 62% possession yesterday with 17 shots, Hibs on Friday the game should have been over at half time with the amount of chances we had. 

Although i rate McCrorie highly i feel our problems are further up the park, when Morelos is off the whole team is off. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Because Morelos game was always going to be curtailed to prevent a yellow. Which it was. And because as a one up front at home in the system Gerrard plays I think Lafferty offers more physicality and mobility than Defoe who waits for chances to come to him.

Imo Laffery offered more when he came on than Defoe, and his ball through to Defoe was more effective than anything Morelos did, though he should have got a penalty.

Not saying Lafferty is the answer, but last night I think he would have been a better solution to start with Morelos on the bench.

If we had lost last night with Morelos on the bench the reaction would've been worse.

Should be the first name on team sheet when playing the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and them.

In the lesser games there could be an argument for playing him at CH so that when teams sit back we have someone who’s comfortable enough on ball to bring it forward.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Should be the first name on team sheet when playing the likes of Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and them.

In the lesser games there could be an argument for playing him at CH so that when teams sit back we have someone who’s comfortable enough on ball to bring it forward.

I thought Goldson was meant to be that player but he’s turned into a bombscare.

1 hour ago, Begby said:

Id imagine the reason hes not played is because we beat Killie 5-0, Hamilton 5-0 & Dundee 4-0. The gaffer is not going to change the team after big wins like that. 

That's not true he changed it after the tims game to shoehorn Davis and Defoe, and said its their jerseys to lose then promptly dropped mccrorie no wonder he's raging

One thing SG hadn’t got right is our defence, and that’s where all good teams excel.

Great goalie, good midfield, and good strikers.

Not confident in our RB, who isn’t a very good RB, or Captain!

Barisic or Halliday or Flanagan at LB? None are that great, despite Barisic showing promise.

Worrall at CB is woeful, and I think he drags Goldson down to his level.

Sort out our defence, add a quality striker, and play McCrorie, and we’d do okay in this shitey league against shitey teams, including celtic.